SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

very high chance kristo is gone... i say a slim chance the other three leave early. who knows, maybe they all decide they have some redemption from this injury ravaged year and all come back... who thought at the end of the previous season that oshie, toews and chorney would all come back?

I don't know about slim chance, because it all depends on what Florida thinks of Knight. If you are Florida do you risk him staying his Senior season and becoming a free agent. Would have thought slim that Hextall would have left last year, but Phoenix wanted him in their organization. My worry is that when it rains it pours, and this past year has been about as bad as it can get with injuries and defections. Hope the string of bad luck ends with guys coming back and a great outlook for next season, but who knows.

very high chance kristo is gone... i say a slim chance the other three leave early. who knows, maybe they all decide they have some redemption from this injury ravaged year and all come back... who thought at the end of the previous season that oshie, toews and chorney would all come back?

Kristo will also be able to utilize the Wheeler/Gregoire Rule since he played a year with Omaha after he was drafted. The thought of becoming a free agent might be enough to sway him to leave, but who knows. If that top line were to stick together next year they could put up some HUGE numbers.

Kristo has a very high chance of being gone I think, and i'm pretty sure it's about a 98% chance Bjugstad is gone after this season. As for Rau leaving after this year, there's absolutely no chance. He's very good, but he doesn't have the skills to accomodate his small size to play in the NHL. He'll be at least a three year player, probably four just like Jacob Cepis.

Kristo has a very high chance of being gone I think, and i'm pretty sure it's about a 98% chance Bjugstad is gone after this season. As for Rau leaving after this year, there's absolutely no chance. He's very good, but he doesn't have the skills to accomodate his small size to play in the NHL. He'll be at least a three year player, probably four just like Jacob Cepis.

Interesting that you compare Rau to dive team champ C-piss...:)

Zane Gothberg first star with 37 saves in 38 shots in a 5-1 win. Paul LaDue was 3rd star in the loss scoring the only goal for Lincoln with 6 shots.

I am excited as I get to watch the Force Play tomorrow night in Fargo, ND. I can't wait.

We are certainly going to have great depth next year, it will all just be in the goalie position. Saunders made 50 saves on Duluth last night.

I really wonder what is going to happen. Dell may not be as big of a flight risk this year as he was after last season. He isn't having as great of a year, he hasn't been terrible but not nearly as solid as last season. Of course, a lot can and will happen throughout the rest of this year. So who knows, but we could potentially be sitting with three elite goalies going into next year.

We are certainly going to have great depth next year, it will all just be in the goalie position. Saunders made 50 saves on Duluth last night.

I really wonder what is going to happen. Dell may not be as big of a flight risk this year as he was after last season. He isn't having as great of a year, he hasn't been terrible but not nearly as solid as last season. Of course, a lot can and will happen throughout the rest of this year. So who knows, but we could potentially be sitting with three elite goalies going into next year.

Much of what we see as a dropoff in Dell's performance is a direct result of the quality of support in front of him.

Committed Recruits Stats Update:

Clarke Saunders, G (UAH) - 23gp, .908 save %, 3.66 gaa, 2-19-1 record

Zane Gothberg, G (Fargo/USHL) - 25gp, .918 save %, 2.34 gaa, 15-8-2 record

Paul LaDue, D (Lincoln/USHL) - 32gp, 6g-14a-20p

Jordan Schmaltz, D (Green Bay/USHL) - 29gp, 9g-14a-23p

Geoff Crisfield, D (Vernon/BCHL) - 41gp, 0g-5a-5p (leads team with 67 PIM)

Miles Koules, F (USA U18) - 37gp, 4g-11a-15p

Luke Johnson, F (Lincoln/USHL) - 31gp, 9g-18a-27p

Drake Caggiula, F (Stouffville/OJHL) - 19gp, 8g-19a-27p

Jack Rowe, F (Cedar Rapids/USHL) - 23gp, 2g-7a-9p

Luke Voltin, F (?/USHL) - 11gp, 3g-3a-6p

Charlie Pelnik, D (SSM U16) - 38gp, 3g-7a-10p

Keaton Thompson, D (USA U17) - 31gp, 4g-10a-14p

Nick Schmaltz, F (USA) - 6gp, 2g-4a-6p

Chris Wilkie, F (Omaha U16) - 18gp, 22g-26a-48p

I still haven't seen Luke Voltin pop up on any USHL team...unless I missed it. I thought I read Chicago picked him up, but I don't see him on their official roster as of yet.

I still haven't seen Luke Voltin pop up on any USHL team...unless I missed it. I thought I read Chicago picked him up, but I don't see him on their official roster as of yet.

Be nice to add some other studs to this list

I saw on another message board that he is on the Chicago roster that's on the USA Hockey site. Basically, from what I heard, Voltin requested to be traded, so adding him to their roster allows them to retain his rights so he can be traded, so I'm sure they are working on doing that right now. It'd be nice to see him on a team with another Sioux recruit(s).Can't say I blame him for not wanting to play for Chicago, worst team in the league. There's a reason some of their prospects have chosen to head north to the BCHL instead...

I saw on another message board that he is on the Chicago roster that's on the USA Hockey site. Basically, from what I heard, Voltin requested to be traded, so adding him to their roster allows them to retain his rights so he can be traded, so I'm sure they are working on doing that right now. It'd be nice to see him on a team with another Sioux recruit(s).Can't say I blame him for not wanting to play for Chicago, worst team in the league. There's a reason some of their prospects have chosen to head north to the BCHL instead...

I was right on Voltin, so adding to my post.

He'll be playing for Des Moines now... he tweeted it.

Is Seth taking an official visit this weekend?

I'd still be very surprised if he went the NCAA-route, but I would certainly take him for the one..at most two...seasons that he would be here before jumping.

Hopefully he likes the atmosphere and facilities at UND compared to what the WHL would offer...playing games in HS rinks and with 1500 in attendance. :)

EDIT: Now I read the prospective recruits thread...move along, nothing to see here. :)

Jack Rowe was 2nd star of the game with 4 assists in a 6-5 shootout loss to Waterloo.

That's great to see. It took some time for him to get into a groove after missing the first part of the season with injury, but he's been producing pretty regularly lately.