SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

UND landed another recruit today - Adam Tambellini

UND has garnered a second verbal commitment today ā€” Vernon Vipers forward Adam Tambellini says heā€™s headed to UND.

Tambellini is the son of Edmonton Oilers GM Steve Tambellini and the brother of former Michigan star Jeff Tambellini.

He chose UND over Minnesota, Michigan, Penn State and Portland of the WHL.

ā€œHeā€™s a high-end, offensively talented player,ā€ Vernon coach Jason Williamson said. ā€œHe can get the puck in the back of the net. He was heavily recruited. He could have picked wherever he wanted to go.ā€

http://undhockey.are...es.com/?p=89993

Not a bad day for the UND coaching staff. :)

Wow, we have landed some very impressive recruits for the classes of 2013 and 2014. I'm looking ahead to 2014-2015 and that team is going to be ridiculous. Even without Grimaldi, guys like Rowe, Caggiula, and St. Clair might not even be in the lineup. If we can keep Jordan Schmaltz until his Junior year that team could be amazing.

Wow, we have landed some very impressive recruits for the classes of 2013 and 2014. I'm looking ahead to 2014-2015 and that team is going to be ridiculous. Even without Grimaldi, guys like Rowe, Caggiula, and St. Clair might not even be in the lineup. If we can keep Jordan Schmaltz until his Junior year that team could be amazing.

yeah, it's easy to get caught up in thinking ahead but the last 5-6 months have been an eye opener for sure.

Sounds like a great pickup! Really surprised that he didn't follow his brother to Michigan.

Like was mentioned earlier, being that he is drafted in the WHL, who knows what will happen.

If he makes it to campus, I like the sounds of it. :)

Heck of a day for the coaching staff!

yeah, it's easy to get caught up in thinking ahead but the last 5-6 months have been an eye opener for sure.

I totally agree, I think we are safe with guys like Thompson, Voltin, and Johnson seeing as they grew up around college hockey. Tambellini, Wilkie, and Pelnik have all been drafted by CHL teams so they will be pursued hard along with Nick Schmaltz.

I totally agree, I think we are safe with guys like Thompson, Voltin, and Johnson seeing as they grew up around college hockey. Tambellini, Wilkie, and Pelnik have all been drafted by CHL teams so they will be pursued hard along with Nick Schmaltz.

And isn't Pelnik drafted by Plymouth, who has one of our former recruits I no longer dignify with a name?

Also, Portland probably hates us too. They have the rights to Grimaldi, Voltin, and Tambellini. Got to be careful for them. They like their college-commited prospects.

Definitely something to keep an eye on, and I think the coaching staff will over-recruit a little bit to prepare for the chance a recruit or two bolt down the road. They know now what's it like to have a depth-problem.

Committed Recruits Stats Update (with new recruits Chyzyk and Tambellini).

Also divided into possible incoming years:

Clarke Saunders, G (UAH) - 23gp, .908 save %, 3.66 gaa, 2-19-1 record

Zane Gothberg, G (Fargo/USHL) - 27gp, .914 save %, 2.42 gaa, 15-10-2 record

Paul LaDue, D (Lincoln/USHL) - 32gp, 6g-14a-20p

Jordan Schmaltz, D (Green Bay/USHL) - 23gp, 6g-13a-19p

Miles Koules, F (USA U18) - 37gp, 4g-11a-15p

Bryn Chyzyk, F (Fargo/USHL) - 37gp, 20g-11a-31p

Geoff Crisfield, D (Vernon/BCHL) - 44gp, 0g-6a-6p (leads team with 72 PIM)

Luke Johnson, F (Lincoln/USHL) - 32gp, 10g-20a-30p

Drake Caggiula, F (Stouffville/OJHL) - 20gp, 8g-19a-27p

Jack Rowe, F (Cedar Rapids/USHL) - 25gp, 2g-12a-14p

Luke Voltin, F (Des Moines/USHL) - 2gp, 0g-0a-0p

Adam Tambellini, F (Vernon/BCHL) - 41gp, 20g-18a-38p

Charlie Pelnik, D (SSM U16) - 38gp, 3g-7a-10p

Keaton Thompson, D (USA U17) - 31gp, 4g-10a-14p

Nick Schmaltz, F (USA) - 6gp, 2g-4a-6p

Chris Wilkie, F (Omaha U16) - 18gp, 22g-26a-48p

I would think that maybe one of the 2013 forwards might come in this fall instead to even up the classes a bit and to replace a potential departure (Kristo/Nelson/Knight). Other than that, our only forward to replace will be Lammy, and we still have St. Clair as a "freshman" in addition to Grimaldi and Rodwell hopefully being able to play more than just a handful of games.

Committed Recruits Stats Update (with new recruits Chyzyk and Tambellini).

Also divided into possible incoming years:

Clarke Saunders, G (UAH) - 23gp, .908 save %, 3.66 gaa, 2-19-1 record

Zane Gothberg, G (Fargo/USHL) - 27gp, .914 save %, 2.42 gaa, 15-10-2 record

Paul LaDue, D (Lincoln/USHL) - 32gp, 6g-14a-20p

Jordan Schmaltz, D (Green Bay/USHL) - 23gp, 6g-13a-19p

Miles Koules, F (USA U18) - 37gp, 4g-11a-15p

Bryn Chyzyk, F (Fargo/USHL) - 37gp, 20g-11a-31p

Geoff Crisfield, D (Vernon/BCHL) - 44gp, 0g-6a-6p (leads team with 72 PIM)

Luke Johnson, F (Lincoln/USHL) - 32gp, 10g-20a-30p

Drake Caggiula, F (Stouffville/OJHL) - 20gp, 8g-19a-27p

Jack Rowe, F (Cedar Rapids/USHL) - 25gp, 2g-12a-14p

Luke Voltin, F (Des Moines/USHL) - 2gp, 0g-0a-0p

Adam Tambellini, F (Vernon/BCHL) - 41gp, 20g-18a-38p

Charlie Pelnik, D (SSM U16) - 38gp, 3g-7a-10p

Keaton Thompson, D (USA U17) - 31gp, 4g-10a-14p

Nick Schmaltz, F (USA) - 6gp, 2g-4a-6p

Chris Wilkie, F (Omaha U16) - 18gp, 22g-26a-48p

I would think that maybe one of the 2013 forwards might come in this fall instead to even up the classes a bit and to replace a potential departure (Kristo/Nelson/Knight). Other than that, our only forward to replace will be Lammy, and we still have St. Clair as a "freshman" in addition to Grimaldi and Rodwell hopefully being able to play more than just a handful of games.

I'm pretty sure Ladue will be coming in 2013 unless there's a departure.

Sounds like a great pickup! Really surprised that he didn't follow his brother to Michigan.

Like was mentioned earlier, being that he is drafted in the WHL, who knows what will happen.

If he makes it to campus, I like the sounds of it. :)

Heck of a day for the coaching staff!

Wouldn't doubt that the atmosphere during the Minnesota series helped in the recruitment of Tambellini. See, the sky is not falling, the gophers lose a guy they recruited too, and I'm sure they are not in despair.

Wouldn't doubt that the atmosphere during the Minnesota series helped in the recruitment of Tambellini. See, the sky is not falling, the gophers lose a guy they recruited too, and I'm sure they are not in despair.

Who was it the Gophers lost? I don't remember.

Interesting info on Chyzyk's committment to UND - via Fargo Force beat writter Ryan Clark

A life-long love for Ralph Engelstad Arena certainly helped Fargo Force Bryn Chyzyk decide Monday he wanted to commit to the University of North Dakota.

So did a conversation with Western Michigan head coach Andy Murray, according to Chyzykā€™s father, Dave. Dave Chyzyk recalled the different moments in his sonā€™s recruiting process and talked about how the family was needing some advice on how to handle everything.

ā€œWe talked to Andy Murray and we asked for advice and he said he cannot give us advice because they were interested in Bryn. But he said you cannot go wrong with any one of those schools and if he has an opportunity to play at North Dakota, as much as we want him, he should go for that opportunity.ā€

http://slightlychill...ces.com/?p=1562

How good would the roster look next year under the best circumstances:

Kristo - Knight - Nelson

Parks - Grimaldi - O'Donnell

Chyzyk - Rowney - Rodwell

MacMillan - MacMillan - Koules

Gaarder - St. Clair - Pattyn

Tambellini - Caggiula - Dickin

MacWilliam - Mattson

Forbort - Simpson

Gleason - Schmaltz

Panzarella - Senkbeil

Dell - Gothberg - Saunders

Of course if everybody did stick around, guys like Tambellini and Caggiula might wait another year. At the least, hopefully we wouldn't have to suffer through being as shorthanded as we are this year. Also would be nice to add another defenseman. Who could we get to add a little depth at that position? ;)

How good would the roster look next year under the best circumstances:

Kristo - Knight - Nelson

Parks - Grimaldi - O'Donnell

Chyzyk - Rowney - Rodwell

MacMillan - MacMillan - Koules

Gaarder - St. Clair - Pattyn

Tambellini - Caggiula - Dickin

MacWilliam - Mattson

Forbort - Simpson

Gleason - Schmaltz

Panzarella - Senkbeil

Dell - Gothberg - Saunders

Of course if everybody did stick around, guys like Tambellini and Caggiula might wait another year. At the least, hopefully we wouldn't have to suffer through being as shorthanded as we are this year. Also would be nice to add another defenseman. Who could we get to add a little depth at that position? ;)

Just for fun, let's say Mac stays and Seth Jones chooses UND over Everett. How sweet would this be:

MacWilliam - Jones

Forbort - Schmaltz

Simpson - Mattson

Panzarella - Senkbeil

Gleason up front...

Just for fun, let's say Mac stays and Seth Jones chooses UND over Everett. How sweet would this be:

MacWilliam - Jones

Forbort - Schmaltz

Simpson - Mattson

Panzarella - Senkbeil

Gleason up front...

I like how our third pairing is also our 1st PP pairing this year

How good would the roster look next year under the best circumstances:Kristo - Knight - NelsonParks - Grimaldi - O'DonnellChyzyk - Rowney - RodwellMacMillan - MacMillan - KoulesGaarder - St. Clair - PattynTambellini - Caggiula - DickinMacWilliam - MattsonForbort - SimpsonGleason - SchmaltzPanzarella - SenkbeilDell - Gothberg - SaundersOf course if everybody did stick around, guys like Tambellini and Caggiula might wait another year. At the least, hopefully we wouldn't have to suffer through being as shorthanded as we are this year. Also would be nice to add another defenseman. Who could we get to add a little depth at that position? ;)

Tambellini is already a 2013. I read it in an article today. I think Caggiula will be 2013 as well. I'm not sure which one would come with an early departure up front.