SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

On 5/21/2024 at 4:45 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

GNQQSu2aUAEduEq.thumb.png.c3b70c758169a280176a47626f8b1394.png

Yeah, how Mac handles those good NCHC d men flying down the wall on him will say a lot about the type of season he has.  I'm sure he's used to d men not respecting him carrying the puck out, so it's good he's got a good grade on d zone exit passing.

Guy is a playmaker.  Who is the guy that plays with him that finishes what he creates? 

21 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Yeah, how Mac handles those good NCHC d men flying down the wall on him will say a lot about the type of season he has.  I'm sure he's used to d men not respecting him carrying the puck out, so it's good he's got a good grade on d zone exit passing.

Guy is a playmaker.  Who is the guy that plays with him that finishes what he creates? 

Perron

• Upvote 1

Put Perron and Swanson out together you're gonna need a big hoss retriever and center ... paging Mr Berg, Mr Cameron Berg ...

If not Perron, James, which then opens other options at center. 

17 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Put Perron and Swanson out together you're gonna need a big hoss retriever and center ... paging Mr Berg, Mr Cameron Berg ...

If not Perron, James, which then opens other options at center. 

Honestly more excited what Boisvert is going to do. May have another special one on the way.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Boisvert, Emery, Zellers

Can't wait to see Swanson keep proving people wrong.  Add another chip on his shoulder with this.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AJS said:

Haven’t seen a mock draft recently where both Boisvert & Emery aren’t first round picks. 

I would love to see it, but I do not think Emery will go in the first round.  My guess is that Boisvert will go 15-20 in the first round and Emery will go 35-45 in the second round.  Both have huge upside with Boisvert needing to build up his strength, and Emery needs to work a little on his offensive side.  Emery's defensive style is awesome to watch, and I think he would be a perfect pairing for Livanavage.  I think both have extreme hockey sense for their positions.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, as15 said:

Can't wait to see Swanson keep proving people wrong.  Add another chip on his shoulder with this.

So what’s the issue people have with him? Is it just his size? Or something else?

I remember Rocco had a lot of interest, and you don’t get any smaller than that.

31 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

So what’s the issue people have with him? Is it just his size? Or something else?

I remember Rocco had a lot of interest, and you don’t get any smaller than that.

Just his size is the only thing that I've seen as being a "drawback" with Mac.

Grimaldi had a bunch more hype and exposure before coming to college, as he came up thru all the NTDP teams...I'm sure that helped with his getting drafted despite his size.

38 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

22 and 26 

Would be nice to have another 1st rounder on the team again.  Or two.
Surprising to see how far Eiserman has fallen.  Not that long ago, it seemed he was a lock for top 3-5.
I'd still take him on our team in a heartbeat for a year.

5 hours ago, KSSioux said:

I would love to see it, but I do not think Emery will go in the first round.  My guess is that Boisvert will go 15-20 in the first round and Emery will go 35-45 in the second round.  Both have huge upside with Boisvert needing to build up his strength, and Emery needs to work a little on his offensive side.  Emery's defensive style is awesome to watch, and I think he would be a perfect pairing for Livanavage.  I think both have extreme hockey sense for their positions.

The thing is, I think the value of a defensive stalwart you can depend upon is huge for how tight the playoffs are.  Add in his amazing athleticism, and I think there may be a team or two who could take him in the first round.  Of course you look at all those names, and there are studs everywhere.  We always see one of those studs fall quite a bit, for numerous reasons. Naturally Emery could fall as well, but if he has a nice combine, which I expect he would, he could raise a few more eyebrows.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Swanson's skating is only average.  His acceleration isn't very good.  For a player who's 5-7, this is a death sentence from an NHL standpoint.    That said, his ability to process the game and read plays is amazing.  He's like a very very poor man's version of Matvei Michkov in that he has an uncanny ability to draw opponents to him whereby he then escapes them or dishes the puck to open spaces. 

Stylistically he reminds me A LOT of Chris Fournier (remember him?).  Fournier would've been an amazing college hockey player if he wasn't such a lazy spoiled lockerroom cancer. 

24 minutes ago, SKondrashkin said:

Swanson's skating is only average.  His acceleration isn't very good.  For a player who's 5-7, this is a death sentence from an NHL standpoint.    That said, his ability to process the game and read plays is amazing.  He's like a very very poor man's version of Matvei Michkov in that he has an uncanny ability to draw opponents to him whereby he then escapes them or dishes the puck to open spaces. 

Stylistically he reminds me A LOT of Chris Fournier (remember him?).  Fournier would've been an amazing college hockey player if he wasn't such a lazy spoiled lockerroom cancer. 

I always wondered what happened to Fournier. From my perspective he just disappeared. 

19 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

22 and 26 

I reject these rankings on stylistic grounds. Descending order using alternating columns? You may as well publish the list in Sanskrit. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

I reject these rankings on stylistic grounds. Descending order using alternating columns? You may as well publish the list in Sanskrit. 

Sanskrit? Not keeping up with you Swahili? 

NHLonSXM does a pretty good job on rankings and team needs. 

On 6/6/2024 at 10:35 AM, SKondrashkin said:

Are these shortcomings from a pro perspective areas that can be improved with our staff? Genuine question, I know nothing about youth/junior hockey and development in general. 

On 6/6/2024 at 12:35 PM, SKondrashkin said:

How were Gretzky's skating and acceleration assessed pre NHL?  Not a rhetorical question, and not making a point.   I don't recall his tangibles being that high, though, other than his freakish ability to cause goals.  

• Like 1