SiouxSports.com Forum

crowd chant

darell1976

Well I would have thought by now that some fan out there would have provided the "Black Hole Chant", as I requested. Here's what I remember, when the Sioux scored, the students would chant "You're a Black Hole, no you're a vacuum, no you're a black hole, no you're a vacuum, you suck, sieve, sieve, sieve. Forgive me for inaccuracy, but something to that effect. Sounded very cool when it was chanted....

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey [Kangas] you're not a sieve, you're a funnel

Hey [Kangas] you're not a funnel, you're a vaccuum

Hey [Kangas] you're not a vaccuum, you're a blackhole

Hey [Kangas] you're not a blackhole, you just suck, Sieve, Sieve Sieve...

Fixed your post. That's the one and I haven't heard it since I was a student.

Hey [goalie name] you're not a sieve, you're a funnel

Hey [goalie name] you're not a funnel, you're a vaccuum

Hey [goalie name] you're not a vaccuum, you're a blackhole

Hey [goalie name] you're not a blackhole, you just suck

Ah, the memories.

I remember the old Ralph where the whole student section was so loud and in unison doing this it was darn near deafening.

Then again, you could do it in that barn. I remember at one point the students rattling a goaltender (I can't remember which team... it was a school with brown or maroon in it... tUMD or DU... doubt it was Minnesota) so badly that he actually left the crease and skated halfway to the student section during a game! Unfortunately, it was during a break in the play and he turned around and went back to the crease before the puck was dropped.

Ah, the memories.

I remember the old Ralph where the whole student section was so loud and in unison doing this it was darn near deafening.

Then again, you could do it in that barn. I remember at one point the students rattling a goaltender (I can't remember which team... it was a school with brown or maroon in it... tUMD or DU... doubt it was Minnesota) so badly that he actually left the crease and skated halfway to the student section during a game! Unfortunately, it was during a break in the play and he turned around and went back to the crease before the puck was dropped.

Could it have been that flaky finnish goalie from DU?

Hey [goalie name] you're not a sieve, you're a funnel

Hey [goalie name] you're not a funnel, you're a vaccuum

Hey [goalie name] you're not a vaccuum, you're a blackhole

Hey [goalie name] you're not a blackhole, you just suck

Oh, I have heard of that one...just didn't ring a bell until seeing it again.

Gopher Rejects isn't bad, but the problem is you get people who use it for everyone including when it makes no sense. I can see using it for SCSU or Kato, but those are probably the only two that it really works for.

it is humorous to hear confused hockey fans mis-use common chants such as using the gopher rejects chant when we're playing cc. i had a friend in college who didn't understand that sieve was directed at the goalie. i had to explain the meaning of the chant after repeatedly observing him doing the sieve chant while performing the chopping motion toward any old person; ref, players on the other side of the ice from the opponent's goalie, fans in the stands. it was pretty funny.

After watching the Sioux hockey games on tv the announcer would say Fighting Sioux at full strength...what does the crowd chant back?? I couldn't figure it out. I haven't been to a Sioux game in 2 years. I do like the Thank you at the one minute mark and the announcer says your welcome at the one minute mark of the 3rd.

I usually only get to a game or two a year...mainly stick to the foosball. But I've got a semi-related hockey question:

On the Big Dogs sports report, they go Canadian for the hockey scores. Does the saying "Put Mum in the garage" actually mean something or just a random Canadian thing to say?

Everybody should just silently shuffle into their seats before the game, watch the game in silence, and then leave.

That way nobody's feelings will be hurt and our kids can learn that life is boring and there's nothing worth getting excited about.

And speaking of people's feelings being hurt, I'm not a big fan of forechecking or whatever it's called when people go careening around the ice and colliding with one another. And another thing....

I agree completely. I think they should take the scoreboards out of the arenas so that the losing team's feelings aren

Oh, we used to dream of livin' in a corridor! Would ha' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woke up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House? Huh.

OK, since this is the game today ...

We were so poor that we were always clean. Only rich kids had dirt.

Why is this coming up at all?

Think 54 million homes under the new Fox College Sports deal.

Does Fox College Sports want the FCC asking why they're allowing the f-bomb during their broadcasts?

If it persists, what happens? Easy: FCS drops UND.

Nobody wants that as we want to watch UND hockey from anywhere.

So what's the solution?

Lose one word, just one word, from the chant vocabulary. Pretty simple.

Does Fox College Sports want the FCC asking why they're allowing the f-bomb during their broadcasts?

So what's the solution?

Fox Sports North didn't seem to mind the Gopher student section yelling "B.S." (the actual words) after a call last weekend. I heard it clear as day on my TV. Well, if they did mind they didn't do or say anything about it. Maybe FSN North will drop the U of M...

So what's the solution?

I've watched all the FCS games so far (no other choice), and that includes the Gopher games obviously. It was pretty much impossible to make out any understanding of "F the Gophers."

After watching the Sioux hockey games on tv the announcer would say Fighting Sioux at full strength...what does the crowd chant back?? I couldn't figure it out. I haven't been to a Sioux game in 2 years. I do like the Thank you at the one minute mark and the announcer says your welcome at the one minute mark of the 3rd.

they say "we always were". it's a staple of all hockey teams after a penalty kill.

This makes me laugh because it describes exactly how it was when my kids played T-Ball. No score was kept, every kid got one AB per inning, didn't matter how many outs were made during the 9 batters, most of the kids in the field were playing in the dirt instead of fielding the ball, and after the game both coaches told their team they had won and everybody went home happy.

I think we laughed harder during T-Ball games than we have at all the other sports our kids have played combined.

I remember Garage Logic had a caller call in and tell Joe about how his kid came home from little league and told him that they didn't keep score so everyone won! The father then informed his kid, correctly, that in fact they all lost that day. :D

There was an email sent out to all student season ticket holders today regarding the crowd behavior. The email asked that we please submit our suggestions to eliminate inappropriate fan behavior to the e-mail address below and we'll include your feedback as we develop plans for the future.

There was an email sent out to all student season ticket holders today regarding the crowd behavior. The email asked that we please submit our suggestions to eliminate inappropriate fan behavior to the e-mail address below and we'll include your feedback as we develop plans for the future.

? Did you mean to include an email address?

Just in case you wanted to read the entire email.

There is no better college hockey atmosphere in the country than ours here at UND.

The main reason? It's you, our passionate and enthusiastic UND student men's hockey season ticket holders.

The energy that you bring to the Ralph Engelstad Arena every Friday and Saturday night that the Sioux are home is unrivaled in college hockey.

We applaud you for your passion and we ask for your help.

There has been much discussion about crowd behavior following the recent men's hockey series between the Fighting Sioux and the University of Minnesota.

While we feel the vast majority of our fans conduct themselves in an enthusiastic and respectful manner, we also feel there are issues that need to be addressed and we are seeking suggestions from our most valued customers.

Please submit your suggestions to eliminate inappropriate fan behavior to the e-mail address below and we'll include your feedback as we develop plans for the future.

We have the best program, the best facility and the best fans in all of college hockey. Our goal is to continue to make the experience of attending a game at the Ralph Engelstad Arena the best in the country and we are asking for your help.

Please e-mail your comments and suggestions to GreenFanSatisfaction@gmail.com.

Thanks for your support and Go Sioux!