SiouxSports.com Forum

crowd chant

darell1976

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we need a new thread for this. I received this email and thought I'd share it with my fellow SS.com members.

UND Athletics And Ralph Engelstad Arena Address Fan Behavior Initiatives

In an effort to continue to make Fighting Sioux men's hockey games the best fan experience in college hockey, the University of North Dakota and Ralph Engelstad Arena have combined to institute some new fan initiatives.

"After much public discussion through e-mails surveys of our season ticket holders and communication with our students, we feel we have put together some measures that will enhance the atmosphere at our home men's hockey games," said UND Athletics Director Brian Faison.

"The overriding sentiment from our fans is that they love the energy in the building, but we need to make sure the passion of all of our fans is directed in a positive fashion."

To that end, several steps will be taken this weekend for the home men's hockey series against St. Cloud State and additional measures will be implemented throughout the remainder of the 2009-10 home men's hockey season and beyond.

Some of the initiatives that will be implemented include a series of positive sportsmanship videos on the scoreboard, communication and enforcement of the new University of North Dakota and Ralph Engelstad Arena Fan Code Of Conduct, proactive alcohol enforcement measures and increased promotion of the Guest Help Line.

The Ralph Engelstad Arena's Guest Help Line allows fans to text or call the Ralph Engelstad Arena Guest Services department during a game to report the location of inappropriate behavior.

"We feel it's in the best interest of all parties to continue to create a positive, safe and enjoyable atmosphere in the building," said Ralph Engelstad Arena General Manager Jody Hodgson. "We're committed to improving the fan experience

Way to take the atmosphere out of the building

the second we get to loud, we get kicked out

Good Job Faison!!!

e

I don't think that's what it's saying at all.

It's just saying to avoid chants with profanity and instead of saying F THE GOPHERS, say something like GO SIOUX GO or something like that.

Not too difficult. Atmosphere retained. :D

how do we throw the opponents game off? by yeolling go sioux go? and cant even sieve the goalie?

think we might need the good ole boy network back

Yelling obscenities is not going to throw the opponents game off. Most people playing in the game don't spend much time listening to the crowd. They will hear and even feel the volume, but they don't pay attention to the words.

"Repress them! Repress them! Make them relinquish the puck!

We came up with this cheer 'cause we can't say f... f-forget this idea. Nevermind. :D

A simple rafter-rattling, thunderous "Lets go Sioux" is the most intimidating thing to the opposition.

It makes it very clear they aren't playing against 20, but against 11,020.

Under the new policy, I suggest the following cheer:

"Repress them! Repress them! Make them relinquish the puck!

Yes, and the opponents fans can yell "Help, help...we're being repressed!"

I really miss The Farce at the games, I have to say.

how do we throw the opponents game off? by yeolling go sioux go? and cant even sieve the goalie?

I could care less if people swear at hockey games...heck, I've done it before...but profanity can't be the only thing that "throws the opponent's game off".

And who said you can't sieve the opposing goalie? Sure, it's directed at the other team, but the Sioux scoring is what caused the sieve chant to occur in the first place.

I think you're reading too much into this... :D

A simple rafter-rattling, thunderous "Lets go Sioux" is the most intimidating thing to the opposition.

It makes it very clear they aren't playing against 20, but against 11,020.

No doubt.

I remember the story that Woog has told before about visiting the old Ralph. The Sioux mounted one of their usual 3rd period comebacks against the Gophers, so Wooger called a TO. The building got so loud with the Lets Go Sioux chant that Woog couldn't even hear himself let alone his players. He just stood on the bench...

No doubt.

I remember the story that Woog has told before about visiting the old Ralph. The Sioux mounted one of their usual 3rd period comebacks against the Gophers, so Wooger called a TO. The building got so loud with the Lets Go Sioux chant that Woog couldn't even hear himself let alone his players. He just stood on the bench...

That's the coolest thing I've heard today.