SiouxSports.com Forum

crowd chant

darell1976

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Gophers beat MSU this weekend a 7-5(4-4) regular season record is a lock. Impossible to predict the bowl game without knowing the opponent but 8-5 isn't out of the question like you say. I'm not bragging about our football program but a UND fan mentioning football as a jab to a fan of a Big Ten school is funny.

And you say those two had better improvement from year two to three than Brewster has but thats because he did MUCH better than they did in year two. Plus Brewster can still have a better year three than two, we dont know yet.

I'm not comparing UND football to Minnesota. That's apples to oranges and, even though I'm a big Sioux hockey guy, I've never been one to brag about D-II or FCS football. If you think the Gophers are going 3-1 the rest of the way minus Decker, well, good luck with that.

Secondly, you mention that Kirk Ferentz worked out pretty well. Rewind your DVR recordings from ESPN College Gameday last January after bowl week and through a few of the past offseasons and you'll see many Iowa fans were calling for Ferentz's head on a platter. Same thing with Randy Shannon from Miami, and now they're practically building a monument to him outside of Landshark Stadium.

I'm not comparing UND football to Minnesota. That's apples to oranges and, even though I'm a big Sioux hockey guy, I've never been one to brag about D-II or FCS football. If you think the Gophers are going 3-1 the rest of the way minus Decker, well, good luck with that.

I never predicted that. But Illinois and South Dakota State at home are wins. A win over MSU at home and that's 7 wins overall with a bowl game pending. It's not probable but it's not far fetched either.

I never predicted that. But Illinois and South Dakota State at home are wins. A win over MSU at home and that's 7 wins overall with a bowl game pending. It's not probable but it's not far fetched either.

You did earlier by saying that if they beat MSU, that 8-5 is a "lock." You realize that Decker's not playing, right?

Read it again. I said if they beat MSU then 7-5(4-4) is a lock with the bowl game being unpredictable without knowing the ooponent.

Got my math wrong, yes, 7-5 on the season, but you weren't predicting a win against MSU tomorrow, so you're kinda saying 6-6. I'm still confused...

First off, making a bowl game isn't an accomplishment when what.. 1 MAYBE 2 of the Big 10 cannot make one every year?

Heck, even Mason made bowl appearances for the Gophers and he was awful.

Seriously, yeah, I'm a playoff kindof guy but that will never happen. Since that is the case, the NCAA should decrease the number of bowl games to the point where they actually..just maybe... MEAN SOMETHING. If you want to have a lot of bowl games, just decrease the bowl games to the BCS ones and then make the conference finals a bowl game. Yeah, some (maybe most) of the BCS bowl bound teams will play in two bowl games, but who the hell cares. Beats watching Minnesota vs. Hawaii. Heh... make fun of the Gophers but I DEFY you to say GO RAINBOW WARRIORS with a straight face.

Second, I've never heard of that chant, Siouxmama. But I have heard the "HEY REF, GET OFF YER KNEES YOU'RE..." etc. :D

I have not read through all of the posts on this thread so if I am repeating I am sorry.

Crowd chants and crowd activity in general is IMO the responsibility of the cheer team. Our Sioux hockey team has a cheer team and from this fan's perspective are useless. they are prettyOK, maybe not useless, but ...

A friend of mine atended Kansas State for grad school after finishing up his undergrad at UND. Apparently, at KSU (and I'm sure countless other schools) students MUST attend "Cheer Orientation" before they are eligible for the purchase of student tickets. This was true for all sports. The cheerleaders took it upon themselves to teach the cheers to the incoming freshmen who wanted to attend Wildcat games.

I've always thought that this sort of thing could and should be implemented at UND. Also, newer more clever cheers could come out of this program.

I have not read through all of the posts on this thread so if I am repeating I am sorry.

Crowd chants and crowd activity in general is IMO the responsibility of the cheer team. Our Sioux hockey team has a cheer team and from this fan's perspective are useless. they are prettyOK, maybe not useless, but ...

A friend of mine atended Kansas State for grad school after finishing up his undergrad at UND. Apparently, at KSU (and I'm sure countless other schools) students MUST attend "Cheer Orientation" before they are eligible for the purchase of student tickets. This was true for all sports. The cheerleaders took it upon themselves to teach the cheers to the incoming freshmen who wanted to attend Wildcat games.

I've always thought that this sort of thing could and should be implemented at UND. Also, newer more clever cheers could come out of this program.

We have a cheer team?!? :angry:

The cheer I mentioned was used at games at LRJC (or what ever it's called now...Lake Region College, UND-LR, maybe?)

It went like this:

Give the ref a wife,

give the ref a wife,

give the ref a wife so he don't screw us!

Wish I could remember some more, a couple got us booted from the games though. :angry:

Yes they are the ones that entertain the team, I mean the crowd.

you mean the ones that skate around and then fall on the ice when they forget to step up to get off the ice? and then run up and down the stairs to smile and clap? and the ones who wonder why drunk college guys lean over to look up their skirts? They are funny!

you mean the ones that skate around and then fall on the ice when they forget to step up to get off the ice? and then run up and down the stairs to smile and clap? and the ones who wonder why drunk college guys lean over to look up their skirts? They are funny!

Oh!?! I didn't know they were a cheer team. Not sure what I thought they were..... :angry:

OK, I know the cheer team is a bit of a joke and they are only really in it to be seen. How about the band then. I bet those crazy bastards could come up with some funny stuff to teach the kids/

The cheer I mentioned was used at games at LRJC (or what ever it's called now...Lake Region College, UND-LR, maybe?)

It went like this:

Give the ref a wife,

give the ref a wife,

give the ref a wife so he don't screw us!

Wish I could remember some more, a couple got us booted from the games though. :angry:

Ok, this I've heard before but you substitute goat for wife.

And I've heard it using screw and the f bomb too.... though the f bomb version I only heard at the Old Ralph.

A friend of mine atended Kansas State for grad school after finishing up his undergrad at UND. Apparently, at KSU (and I'm sure countless other schools) students MUST attend "Cheer Orientation" before they are eligible for the purchase of student tickets. This was true for all sports.

I'm sure at Kansas that's considered Higher Education. Do they offer a major in cheer?

I know its not possible with midco to watch the world series in HD but out in Salisbury it is. And the language used by the Phillies fans directed towards the Yankees makes the Sioux games look like a Sunday church social.

I bring up the HD because the sound is so much clearer. It's quite easy to tell what the fans are saying.