SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

ZPar represents to me the kind of player who, when you say "net presence," shows that doesn't have to mean big banger who will put up big penalty minutes.   His stick skills were his bread and butter, but a shytload of his goals came from just being around the net.  Stick skills, as I said, plus first-rate anticipation skills and toughness.   It helps, but you don't have to be big to be big around the net.  

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, burd said:

ZPar represents to me the kind of player who, when you say "net presence," shows that doesn't have to mean big banger who will put up big penalty minutes.   His stick skills were his bread and butter, but a shytload of his goals came from just being around the net.  Stick skills, as I said, plus first-rate anticipation skills and toughness.   It helps, but you don't have to be big to be big around the net.  

I bet I’m safe to say his average length of his goals was no more than 6/7 feet. His office was on top of the blue paint and boy did he take a beating 

7 hours ago, Blackheart said:

He's not on the playoff roster, right?

I don’t know. Guess I’d be surprised if his first experience was in the playoffs. 

32 minutes ago, dden3 said:

I don’t know. Guess I’d be surprised if his first experience was in the playoffs. 

Just looked around a little. Guess he already appeared in a regular season game:   CBS Sports shows him on the Canes roster but I don’t know if that means he can play in the playoffs. 

41 minutes ago, dden3 said:

Just looked around a little. Guess he already appeared in a regular season game:   CBS Sports shows him on the Canes roster but I don’t know if that means he can play in the playoffs. 

He cannot play in any playoff games 

On 4/19/2024 at 4:28 AM, burd said:

J Drouin an Avs top line forward is out for their first playoff series. Parise being mentioned as a possible replacement in game 1 tonight.  I kinda don’t think they could put him their full time with as much ice time as they give their top line.