SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

TSN reports LaDue's contract as follows: Paul Ladue, D - Signed One-year, entry-level contract. I'm not a sports agent, but he could have been a free agent next year. How is a one year, entry-level contract the best he could have done with that free agency looming out there?? Just asking the more knowledgeable in the crowd. Thanks for playing Paul. We enjoyed your success and talent at UND. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, UNDPUCKS said:

TSN reports LaDue's contract as follows: Paul Ladue, D - Signed One-year, entry-level contract. I'm not a sports agent, but he could have been a free agent next year. How is a one year, entry-level contract the best he could have done with that free agency looming out there?? Just asking the more knowledgeable in the crowd. Thanks for playing Paul. We enjoyed your success and talent at UND. 

The CBA says a player who is 24 on September 15 of their contract year can only be signed to a one year contract.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

T.J. Oshie (goal, assist) also continued his impressive playoffs. His goal also came on the power play. Even though he is not a big guy at 5-11, 189 pounds, Oshie plays a gritty game and he’s not afraid to go into the dirty areas to make plays. Add his skill and he makes for a great playoff, when checking is tight, player. Oshie has five goals and nine points in 11 games. (Yahoo Article on the Caps)

• Upvote 1

On 5/8/2016 at 5:41 PM, UNDPUCKS said:

Brock Nelson finished in the 16 Cup chase. Chorney and Oshie are the only hope to get the cup to Grand Forks this season.

Would so LOVE to see Oshie win the Cup

• 2 weeks later...

Paul Ladue made his AHL debut in Ontario last night, against my Monsters (darn conflicts). Anyway, I believe he was out there for a goal against, but also a goal for, so he came out even with no points and two shots. (Derek Forbort was even as well). Didn't get a chance to catch a feed of the game, so not sure how he looked or how much ice time he saw though.