SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

I've never understood the point of major college schools scheduling lower level schools. what do they get out of it except having to write a huge check to another university? hey michigan how did that app state game work out for you a few years back?

I've never understood the point of major college schools scheduling lower level schools. what do they get out of it except having to write a huge check to another university? hey michigan how did that app state game work out for you a few years back?

Because they make a pile of money at their home games.......

For the big schools, the revenue from ticket sales at a home game far outweighs what they pay us to come. They also pay us significantly less than they would have to pay even the lower level FBS teams. Just look at how much App is getting from Michigan for round 2. Far more than the first time now that they're FBS. Plus, a win over an FCS counts towards bowl eligibility.

I like these FBS games. With the exception of Bowling Green, all are located in the west close to North Dakota's alumni centers and important recruiting areas.

Anyone know what San Jose and Wyoming are paying? I believe I heard San Jose was $250,00 but I am not certain.

Bowling Green: $350,000

Utah: $450,000

Washington: $500,000

That's some pretty good coin. Given how we played against Fresno, San Diego St., Northern Illinois, I think we'll be right in the thick of it against San Jose and Wyoming. The other three games are too far off to predict.

My family tries to hit one road game every year. Unfortunately, work obligations will likely prevent us from attending any of these early season FBS games. Last year we drove to Northern Colorado. This year we are flying to either UC Davis or Northern Arizona, haven't decided which yet. We went to Davis in 2009 and I'd highly recommend going there to anybody wanting to see a road game. Great area, great stadium, and great fans. Next year, we'll probably drive back to Greeley again, and in 2015 we have Cal Poly circled for our family vacation.

• Upvote 1

I like how they would like to see UND schedule Miami. Wouldn't that be a warm humid game, be our luck a hurricane (not the team) would be coming.

They just want Miami for the vacation. I would love them to play Colorado at Folsom Field. My relatives down here are diehard CU fans so that would be quite interesting. If we won they would probably not talk to me for the rest of that football season!

They just want Miami for the vacation. I would love them to play Colorado at Folsom Field. My relatives down here are diehard CU fans so that would be quite interesting. If we won they would probably not talk to me for the rest of that football season!

I have relatives in Lincoln, and as a Husker fan I would like UND to play Nebraska. Although a nice Miami vacation plus game would be nice.

I have relatives in Lincoln, and as a Husker fan I would like UND to play Nebraska. Although a nice Miami vacation plus game would be nice.

Nebraska joining the B1G means this will now never happen unless the league's scheduling policy isn't followed by all schools.

Game out east should be Army. Winnable game some years. UND played them tough in the 1930's when Glenn "Red" Jarret was All American RB and Army was always one of top teams in country winning multiple National Championships.. Should be able to give them something in Hockey to get something from them in FB, BB, VB, baseball etc. Would be great trip for our athletes. Stay at the Historic Thayer Hotel and tour campus play at Michie stadium. Schedule early in season and spend a time in New York before school starts.

That was a bit of an inside joke as Schloss is a huge Miami Hurricanes football fan. He's gone to several of their home games over the years.

As much as I'd love to see UND playing a game down south, I think the concentration on the west is a better move. More alumni and you can overlap the Big Sky footprint with PAC12 and MWC schedules. That will get you exposure to potential recruits. Still.... would love to see a game against LSU. Due to hockey, I think my kids have been indoctrinated as UND fans, over my wife's LSU.

As much as I'd love to see UND playing a game down south, I think the concentration on the west is a better move. More alumni and you can overlap the Big Sky footprint with PAC12 and MWC schedules. That will get you exposure to potential recruits. Still.... would love to see a game against LSU. Due to hockey, I think my kids have been indoctrinated as UND fans, over my wife's LSU.

I don't think we will see a huge influx of recruits from out west, I see the staff continuing to focus on the Midwest. But I think that those games out west are attractive to recruits. It will be pretty nice for the coaching staff to go into a living room this summer/fall and say here are a couple games we'll be playing your junior and senior season.

It's a home and home with NDSU. Hey....I just looked out my window and saw a pig flying!! :)

The pig might be Dom Izzo from WDAY

https://twitter.com/SiouxFootball

Dom Izzo@DomIzzoWDAY 25m

@SiouxFootball Interesting; hoping for a #BigSkyFB-#MVFC matchup

Dom Izzo@DomIzzoWDAY 35m

@SiouxFootball That's a good call; there's a couple openings still in '15 and '17 to fit my theory no?

Dom's theory...UND @ NDSU in 2015, NDSU @ UND in 2017. Gene Taylor just commented...."OINK"!!

Dom Izzo@DomIzzoWDAY37m

@SiouxFootball That's a good call; there's a couple openings still in '15 and '17 to fit my theory no?

Izzo is predicting UND vs ndsu. But I guess he always makes that prediction whenever any future scheduling convo starts up.

Edit: Argh, Darell beat me to it....

Edited by UNDBIZ