SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

The best OL in Nodak this year committed to Hawii.

I know that but apparently someone else didn't. There are also a couple more out west that are pretty talented. The kid from Kindred is good, he'll probably have a decent college career, but he's not top two players in the state.

So if they always out-recruit UND, that means they were out-coached in 10 of the last 13 meetings?

That's not possible either because according to them all their coaches were the second coming of Knute Rockne and ours were "knuckleheads".

You guys, that was the irony in my post. UND has never been credited with a better recruiting class, no matter how often they beat ndsu. :silly:

So if NDSU had a better recruiting class, wouldn't they have better players, and a better team, and better success against a team that apparently doesn't recruit as well as them like UND?? Well maybe in your mind they have had better recruiting classes, but the results on the field in 8 of the last 11 meetings prove otherwise!

• Upvote 1

So if NDSU had a better recruiting class, wouldn't they have better players, and a better team, and better success against a team that apparently doesn't recruit as well as them like UND?? Well maybe in your mind they have had better recruiting classes, but the results on the field in 8 of the last 11 meetings prove otherwise!

Irony

1. The use of words to convey a meaning that is opposite of its literal meaning.

Synonyms

1, 2. Irony, sarcasm, satire indicate mockery of something or someone. The essential feature of irony is the indirect presentation of a contradiction between an action or expression and the context in which it occurs. In the figure of speech, emphasis is placed on the opposition between the literal and intended meaning of a statement; one thing is said and its opposite implied, as in the comment, "Beautiful weather, isn't it?" made when it is raining or nasty.

Am I the only person that would rather have the Sioux go on road and play a FBS team and make some money and hopefully upset them and make a few dollars for the athletic department also instead of infiling that canceled CA game with someonlke like Minot or Montana Western again? Same thing for the Mines game? Go on the road somewhere West and make some money, get some exposure and maybe pull off an upset?

Yes, recruiting is going great. When is the last time a ND kid that both schools recruited went to UND? Even this year with the playing field supposedly leveled with the Big Sky coming next year and the transition over, the top two ND kids have verbaled to NDSU. For being the "Flagship" school in ND, UND sure seems to have trouble getting the best ND kids in their program.

I don't think the playing field is leveled yet. Once we start conference play we will start to get as level as NDSU but not until we are "established" members of the Big Sky. IMO 2-5 years. NDSU struggled in their first couple seasons in the MVFC, so it takes time to adjust.

Am I the only person that would rather have the Sioux go on road and play a FBS team and make some money and hopefully upset them and make a few dollars for the athletic department also instead of infiling that canceled CA game with someonlke like Minot or Montana Western again? Same thing for the Mines game? Go on the road somewhere West and make some money, get some exposure and maybe pull off an upset?

I wouldn't mind seeing UND play a cupcake FBS team instead of Mines or UCA (not both as we need an OOC home game). But only go the FBS route when all FCS teams have been exhausted. Remember we need 7 DI wins.

• Upvote 1

good point. problem: FBS schools rarely have an opening for the following season. they are typically scheduled a year or two in advance, unless someone pulls out of a game with them too. That said, how about another Drake game or San Diego, or even a game against a hockey school like Harvard (who will be here this Christmas)

good point. problem: FBS schools rarely have an opening for the following season. they are typically scheduled a year or two in advance, unless someone pulls out of a game with them too. That said, how about another Drake game or San Diego, or even a game against a hockey school like Harvard (who will be here this Christmas)

I thought it has been odd how UND hasn't played any hockey schools maybe because its out east I don't know. Maybe Faison needs to take some trips when UND goes out to Maine or New Hampshire and talk some football.

Irony

1. The use of words to convey a meaning that is opposite of its literal meaning.

Synonyms

1, 2. Irony, sarcasm, satire indicate mockery of something or someone. The essential feature of irony is the indirect presentation of a contradiction between an action or expression and the context in which it occurs. In the figure of speech, emphasis is placed on the opposition between the literal and intended meaning of a statement; one thing is said and its opposite implied, as in the comment, "Beautiful weather, isn't it?" made when it is raining or nasty.

Sometimes all a guy can do is shake his head and smile.
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind seeing UND play a cupcake FBS team instead of Mines or UCA (not both as we need an OOC home game). But only go the FBS route when all FCS teams have been exhausted. Remember we need 7 DI wins.

Could be watered down to 6 wins as early as next season if they happen to expand the playoff field to 24, which has been rumored.

You may have summarized that a bit obscurely; nonetheless, you may be on to something! ;)

Drink more beer.

Step one don't charge people $15 to tailgate!

Its all about culture and its going the wrong way at the Sioux football / Alerus Center.

At the Memorial stadium, SIoux fans could tailgate before, during, and after the game. The second the game starts at the Alerus cops are kicking your out of the parking lot. Then the second the game is over they are reminding you to leave, to make sure everyone is gone one hour after the game. Oh yeah did I mention the survelliance cameras.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Im pretty dissapointed that our two teams dont even meet till 2014, I'd like to see us play before that

Faison should be looking for games for the first two weekends of September to replace SD Mines & Central Arkansas. another post on this board said Weber was already scheduled for those weeks though...