SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Denver

AZSIOUX

I'm hoping Thome walks into Magness this weekend with swagger and confidence and proves why he's UNDs next star goalie.  Denver has a vaunted offense (for good reason) but if he makes some good saves, and gets help from the D-corps and some offensive production, we can leave Denver with enough momentum to carry us through Christmas break.  Would love to have Cam back, but Thome has proven that he can hold down the fort. Would kill to see Petey T get some of Cam's aggressiveness and do some pushing and shoving.  Gotta fire up the boys!!!

12 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

THey are listed. Was it root that didn’t allow it or altitude? Seems odd how they could not allow it in the first place as it should be the conference’s call. 

Root definitely didn't allow it.  Denver's contract with Root Sports was in place before the NCHC formed and Root had exclusive rights to the broadcasts. 

I don't know about Altitude.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

So this weekends games will be on NCHC.tv?  I thought altitude didn’t allow it?

I could only watch Saturdays game on NCHC.tv. I think last year Root blocked the broadcasts on NCHC.tv.

Edit: Some said they got to see Fridays game on NCHC.tv.

19 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Lukasavaages (sp) being the 4th man in their band.

First time I heard that name in a broadcast I thought the kid's name was "Lukas Savages". I wondered why they kept calling him by first and last name and thought he may have a brother on the roster. 

Nope. He's "Jarid Lukosevicius".

I sure wish Woog was still doing games. I'd listen just to hear ol' Doug call him "Lukas Sid Vicious". :D 

17 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I just heard that DU’s #1 defenseman, Adam Plant is out this weekend due to an upper body injury. 

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/16/denver-pioneers-north-dakota-hockey-preview/

Given defense is their weakest area (of an admittedly strong team), that sure don't hurt UND.