SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

Frozen4sioux

14 hours ago, Ray77 said:

Holy smokes!  How large of a staff do you need for a basketball team?!  15 players and 11 coaches, trainers, doctors, equipment managers, video coordinators, water bottle fillers, towel holders, court sweepers....am I missing any?

Looks like a whole bunch of cost saving cuts to me.

• Upvote 1

On 4/12/2017 at 9:10 PM, Wilbur said:

Or they could just not put the hawk logo anywhere on the jersey.......:D

Do we know when they will release to the public what the team uniforms will look like next year?

Yeah, why would they put that horrible looking thing anywhere on the sweater?  Still way below mediocre.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

Fair point. That would be a solid look too, actually (and a way to incorporate the new nickname without having the logo front and center on the jerseys).

The school needs to come up with logo that people want to buy, need to make back all that money that was spent on the logo design.

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah, why would they put that horrible looking thing anywhere on the sweater?  Still way below mediocre.

It's decent up to FB helmet decal size, meaning it works on the BB shorts, or hockey shoulder patch, or on a cap or jacket or polo shirt. 

It just doesn't work as well getting above that size. I had a jacket with a 12" Brien logo on the back. I don't see this logo working there, nor on the front of a hockey jersey. 

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

It's decent up to FB helmet decal size, meaning it works on the BB shorts, or hockey shoulder patch, or on a cap or jacket or polo shirt. 

It just doesn't work as well getting above that size. I had a jacket with a 12" Brien logo on the back. I don't see this logo working anywhere on a hockey jersey.

FYP.....:blush:

• Upvote 1

On 4/13/2017 at 9:13 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

I would guess the jerseys are going to be similar to the mens basketball jerseys with the new script and the number in the middle like before.  The number may be a little smaller.  (Sidenote: anyone in favor of an alternate gray hockey jersey?!!)

jersey.jpg

On 4/13/2017 at 9:40 AM, Ray77 said:

Holy smokes!  How large of a staff do you need for a basketball team?!  15 players and 11 coaches, trainers, doctors, equipment managers, video coordinators, water bottle fillers, towel holders, court sweepers....am I missing any?

I thought the exact same thing.  Runnin' a D1 program is big business I guess.

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

It just doesn't work as well getting above that size. I had a jacket with a 12" Brien logo on the back. I don't see this logo working there, nor on the front of a hockey jersey. 

I've always thought part of the issue with the logo as it relates to being on a jersey is that the general shape of the logo is rectangular rather than square and for whatever reason it looks weird to me in the context of a jersey (like the mock-up done in the initial SME presentation that Gage was unhappy with).

3 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

... the general shape of the logo is rectangular rather than square and for whatever reason it looks weird to me in the context of a jersey (like the mock-up done in the initial SME presentation that Gage was unhappy with).

That's why I believe it works well on a FB helmet or a shoulder or a polo or as a patch, but not as a big logo on the back of a booster jacket or on the front of a jersey. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/12/2017 at 4:08 PM, jdub27 said:

Predictions:
New logo replaces interlocking ND patch on shoulder.
New font replaces old font on front of jersey.
No logo on helmet.

On 4/12/2017 at 4:12 PM, MissSioux85 said:

This is what I heard while at an event on campus last month. I'm not sure about the helmets though.

Schlossman confirms: http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/4255974-und-mens-hockey-team-have-new-jerseys-next-season

37 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Ugh.  The giant gap on the front without paying extra to have a number stitched on is a problem for me.  They should just stick the number 1 on all replica jerseys or something.

Sad. Can't/won't be buying a jersey anytime soon. Maybe I'll buy a game used "sioux" jersey going forward. 

• Upvote 1