SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

Frozen4sioux

47 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I'm not questioning his loyalty or patience. Sometimes if you want something you have to take it. His goal should be to work harder and perform better than Cam in practice. That, in my mind, would only help both players. It'd be nice to have two goalies pushing each other and splitting time every weekend or every other. Or just the ability to go with the hot hand while having confidence in both guys.

Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest I thought you were wrong.   I agree that the competition is good for the team, and maybe he doesn't have enough competitive edge.   Either way, I hope he gets his shot somewhere.

3 hours ago, AJS said:

I think this is best for everyone involved. Tomek needs minutes and they just aren't here, as for UND, I'd rather have Thome back up Johnson this year (hopefully splitting some time).

Agreed. Thome will only play if Cam is injured however.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'd like to see him come back as well. He is one injury away from playing major minutes.

He hasn't had great showings in the minimal ice time that he has had, but neither did Cam when he first played. If I remember right, he got rocked in his first appearance, and started his National Championship season with a couple soft goals to Maine. If Tomek had the ability to get a little consistent playing time, this year or next, maybe he really shows us what he's got.

I hope he stays, but I understand if he does not. Even if he does go to the USHL, I hope the coaches stay in contact with the kid. Maybe he comes back for another try. Who knows...

I also agree with that statement however too much has happened to him here.  They probably need a split. Tomek needs to play.

19 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

So long Tomek! I wish you nothing but happiness and the best. 

I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. 

Again, best of luck. Hope you put up some solid stats in the USHL and continue your development! 

Ditto

47 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

So long Tomek! I wish you nothing but happiness and the best. 

I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. 

Again, best of luck. Hope you put up some solid stats in the USHL and continue your development! 

He could still come back to UND.

5 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Tomek doesn't seem to have the attitude needed to play in the big time spotlight at UND... and I have this on good authority

I hope he can grow and thrive in the ushl and find success 

I find it pretty funny that when I provide actual, ya know, information from a real source people downvote it on this site :lol:

I hope Tomek has all the success in the world but this is what I've heard from a damn good source. He may have some maturing to do or maybe UND wasn't the right fit.

I guess if that doesn't jive with what you'd prefer to believe downvote me again, cheers! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I find it pretty funny that when I provide actual, ya know, information from a real source people downvote it on this site :lol:

I hope Tomek has all the success in the world but this is what I've heard from a damn good source. He may have some maturing to do or maybe UND wasn't the right fit.

I guess if that doesn't jive with what you'd prefer to believe downvote me again, cheers! 

;)

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

He doesn't need it, but in defense of IHTINB, his source is as about as good as it gets. Take it, or leave it.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Crazy, it has been that long. I remember wathcing Quinn play when I was in college, and now I officially feel old. 

I remember him playing at Minot, I think I saw him score the fastest hat trick.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Tomek doesn't seem to have the attitude needed to play in the big time spotlight at UND... and I have this on good authority

I hope he can grow and thrive in the ushl and find success 

What I have been told is maybe a slightly different angle in that he doesn't seem to have the right attitude to earn playing time and has not even been the second best goalie in practice.  He is young, and possibly thought that he was already good enough to play at this level.  If this is true, a year in the USHL might be of great benefit to him.

5 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

What I have been told is maybe a slightly different angle in that he doesn't seem to have the right attitude to earn playing time and has not even been the second best goalie in practice.  He is young, and possibly thought that he was already good enough to play at this level.  If this is true, a year in the USHL might be of great benefit to him.

Yeah that's part of what I heard too:

1. Spotlight at The Ralph is too bright

2. He hasn't put the work in & Rinks was the 2nd best goalie all season

I think the USHL is the right place for him.  In all honesty the kid should have played in the USHL the natty season, but the coaches really had no clue what they'd be getting with Cam after Zane left and I'd be willing to bet they all thought they'd eventually have to turn to Matej full time that season.

Get a year of games in Waterloo, and if it's right for him come back to Grand Forks with two years of eligibility remaining. 

If it doesn't work out, best of luck elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Siouxman said:

No way.  But it's over, so it is what it is. 

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I think the USHL is the right place for him.  In all honesty the kid should have played in the USHL the natty season, but the coaches really had no clue what they'd be getting with Cam after Zane left and I'd be willing to bet they all thought they'd eventually have to turn to Matej full time that season.

Get a year of games in Waterloo, and if it's right for him come back to Grand Forks with two years of eligibility remaining. 

If it doesn't work out, best of luck elsewhere. 

Bingo, this is partly on the coaches/team.  I get why the coaches did it, but Tomek clearly needed more time in juniors.  This whole situation was mishandled.

• Upvote 1