SiouxSports.com Forum

Random Nickname Ideas

GeauxSioux

I could actually live with that one.

I still like the Thunder Gods

Thunder Gods actually has a Norwegian background with Thor being the Norwegian god of thunder - and as shared the sound of thunder makes a great sfx at games for goals, touchdowns, etc. Gotta think that someone will come out of the woodwork and be against using the name god.

I'm sure the WNBAization of sports nicknames will continue...Shock, Silver Stars, Liberty, Sky, Dream...

Personally, I don't think it is specifically tied to WNBA--just the simple fact that cool names are already taken. You could also call it the MLSization of sports nicknames, too: Dynamo, Sounders, Timbers... :)

Personally, I don't think it is specifically tied to WNBA--just the simple fact that cool names are already taken. You could also call it the MLSization of sports nicknames, too: Dynamo, Sounders, Timbers... :)

It started in the early 1990's with MLB, NFL, and NBA expansion - the Marlins, Rockies, Panthers, Jaguars, Timberwolves, Heat...and it's been all downhill from there...

Thunder Gods actually has a Norwegian background with Thor being the Norwegian god of thunder - and as shared the sound of thunder makes a great sfx at games for goals, touchdowns, etc. Gotta think that someone will come out of the woodwork and be against using the name god.

The Thor connection was where I was going, yes.

Timbers and Sounders goes back almost 40 years to the old NASL.

• 4 months later...