SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

• 2 weeks later...

EwOD3KEXIAEgRf7.jpg:large

so the pollard looks accurate in this pic and so does the MemVillage....but remember when pollard phase 1 was gonna be all brick and whatnot (proably never was...just a way to raise money) but ended up a tin shack?

question.....is that an accurate representation of the second phase...brick, turrets, precast stone?  i hope so.

33 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

EwOD3KEXIAEgRf7.jpg:large

so the pollard looks accurate in this pic and so does the MemVillage....but remember when pollard phase 1 was gonna be all brick and whatnot (proably never was...just a way to raise money) but ended up a tin shack?

question.....is that an accurate representation of the second phase...brick, turrets, precast stone?  i hope so.

This is more recent.  

athletic complex exteriorFacilities_Master_Plan_093022

8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

welp...that's a disappointment....one big rectangle.

Agreed.  I'm not sure the Hawkway will be built right away either.  Really wish they would have built the Pollard 2 addition east to west, to connect Pollard Center to Memorial Village (shifting the field south).  Hawkway is a waste of money, imo. https://www.grandforksgov.com/government/city-departments/planning-zoning/planning-projects 

http://www.gfgis.com/raster/siteplans/pollardadd.pdf
image.png.69453c8c6da08361139d609972c227a6.png

4 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Really wish they would have built the Pollard 2 addition east to west, to connect Pollard Center to Memorial Village (shifting the field south).  

Issues with the railroad and actual through road there plus eating up the grass practice field along with the throwers practice area for T&F.

3 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Agreed.  I'm not sure the Hawkway will be built right away either.  Really wish they would have built the Pollard 2 addition east to west, to connect Pollard Center to Memorial Village (shifting the field south).  Hawkway is a waste of money, imo. https://www.grandforksgov.com/government/city-departments/planning-zoning/planning-projects

if if's and but's were chocolate and nuts...

yeah...seems like a lot of different projects jarbled together.......love what the end result will be (minus all the steel siding) but once this land is built up the chance of an on campus football stadium (open air or retractable dome) is gone for a long long time....

what if all these "plans and projects' were better planned out and und had an indoor practice faciltiy, outdoor practice facility, football stadium, softball stadium, and public/private dorms/apartments/condos/retail there instead of the individual projects going up one a time?

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Issues with the railroad and actual through road there plus eating up the grass practice field along with the throwers practice area for T&F.

i see some black dirt with a chain link fence around it south of the memorial field (straight west of grass practice field)....what is going on there?

9 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I can see how that could have been an issue, but would it have been unresolvable?  I don't know whether or not they seriously looked at changing the plans once the decision was made to incorporate some of the Athletic Department stuff into Memorial Village.  I'm assuming they didn't but hopefully I'm wrong.

image.thumb.png.b1fce4c209ec1022e56cc52b2e427007.png

• Like 1

Not trying to make a positive into a negative, for the record.  The current plan is exciting and it will do wonders for the program.  Still very exciting stuff and I am happy UND was able to make it work given the current economic realities.

• Like 2