SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Great and we didn't play very good. Decent atmosphere though.

Generally I'm not sure if how we played will have much of an impact on the decision, based on some previous commitments we've gotten and the games they attended. I think as long as the atmosphere is good, the outcome doesn't matter as much. 

JMO, though. 

Generally I'm not sure if how we played will have much of an impact on the decision, based on some previous commitments we've gotten and the games they attended. I think as long as the atmosphere is good, the outcome doesn't matter as much. 

JMO, though. 

Agreed. Would have been nice to have the students in attendance to make it a better atmosphere.

JMO, though.

Agreed. Additionally, these high end kids want to play with other good players to ensure their stats are good.

Over The Boards retweeted

Jr Gates @brentgatesjr 16m16 minutes ago

Very proud to announce my commitment to play for @GopherHockey next fall. Thanks to everyone who has helped along the way. #Gophers

No surprise Gates commits to Minnesota.

I'm hopping Haksol isn't keeping the gentlemen's agreement with the guy's who don't keep the gentlemen's agreement.

• Upvote 1

Got to hope with him committing it leaves little room for Brock Boeser. Heard he is deciding soon and its between us and minny

I believe he is still visiting Wisconsin this upcoming weekend but I still think he goes to Minnesota. From the moment I heard he de-committed, I assumed he was Minnesota bound and still believe that. Would be nice to be wrong though.

I've never heard of this Gates kid.  Decent pickup for UMN?

And how does he compare to Boeser?

Never seen him play but looks like a decent pickup for them from reports. NHL Central Scouting has him as a B prospect and he played in the 2014 All American prospect game. It was pretty easy to see he would end up at Minnesota after decommiting from Notre Dame and immediately visiting there and also seeing his dad played baseball there. I think Boeser is probably a better prospect and I have actually seen some say Boeser is the best uncommitted college prospect left because he would be a 3-4 year type player while Matthews would be 1 and done.

I'm hopping Haksol isn't keeping the gentlemen's agreement with the guy's who don't keep the gentlemen's agreement.

I don't think we have to worry about it.  Jordan Schmaltz gave a verbal to Wisconsin.  Jason Gregoire gave a verbal to Denver.  Both decommitted and came here and played under Hakstol.

I don't think we have to worry about it.  Jordan Schmaltz gave a verbal to Wisconsin.  Jason Gregoire gave a verbal to Denver.  Both decommitted and came here and played under Hakstol.

I don't think any of the other coaches would try to steal UND recruits.