SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Yes I was factoring in Chartrand, Evers, and Shaw all being here next year and then adding maybe one of the EGF kids or some other USHL guy too if they want an 8th defenseman on the roster if we do lose both Schmaltz and LaDue.

Schlossman said on the chat last week that it would most likely be Evers and Shaw coming in next year and a recruit lined up in case someone leaves. If Chartrand can get another year of juniors I would like to see him take it. Maybe get a little more comfortable in the offensive zone.

Schlossman said on the chat last week that it would most likely be Evers and Shaw coming in next year and a recruit lined up in case someone leaves. If Chartrand can get another year of juniors I would like to see him take it. Maybe get a little more comfortable in the offensive zone.

Can Chartrand even play another year of juniors? He will be 21 in January I would be very surprised if he isn't on campus next fall even if it is more as a depth guy rather than a regular in the lineup.

Can Chartrand even play another year of juniors? He will be 21 in January I would be very surprised if he isn't on campus next fall even if it is more as a depth guy rather than a regular in the lineup.

That I don't know if he comes and we only need 2 defenseman I expect Shaw to play another year of juniors.

Sounds like Max Jones is taking visits at a lot of big name schools.

Would be great to keep him in the states but He was a high draft pick by the London Knights and he sounds very interested in what they can offer him. Should be fun to keep an eye on.

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/04/05/london-knights-pick-american-max-jones-in-first-round-of-ohl-draft

Over The Boards@OTBPuckWatch 4m4 minutes ago

Top Uncommitted 99 F: 1. Grant Mismash (SSM) 2. Brady Tkachuk (STL) 3. Evan Barratt (TC) 4. Alex Chmelevski (HB) 5. Baron Thompson (OAAA)

Over The Boards@OTBPuckWatch 6m6 minutes ago

Top Uncommitted 99 D: 1. Max Gildon (DSE) 2. Josh Maniscalco (SSM) 3. Tom Miller (VH U18) 4. Connor Mayer (Benilde) 5. Ben Mirageas (Avon)

Over The Boards@OTBPuckWatch 9m9 minutes ago

#Select70 Uncommitted Prospects, October 2014: http://overtheboards.net/select-70-uncommitted-prospects-ranking-october-2014/ 

Anyone know anything about Jeff Hextall? Brett's brother and Ron's son. Saw a story about him on barstool so just thought it was interesting. http://philly.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/the-flyers-who-have-lost-7-shootouts-in-a-row-get-worked-by-hextalls-son/

Looks like he's the backup goalie for the Philadelphia Flyers of the USPHL (Premier Division). Jeff Hextall  is 1-2 on the year with a 3.77 GAA .862 SV%.

I was hoping und would be a potential location. However, he has whl written all over him.

I agree very big WHL flight risk and judging by our commits over the last year or so it seems like we have stayed away from players that are WHL risks so maybe that is why UND isn't a potential location.

I agree very big WHL flight risk and judging by our commits over the last year or so it seems like we have stayed away from players that are WHL risks so maybe that is why UND isn't a potential location.

To me recruiting has been kind of quiet since last season. I hate loosing commitments and potential recruits to the CHL, but it's a risk that the coaches have to take to get the best players to come to UND.

To me recruiting has been kind of quiet since last season. I hate loosing commitments and potential recruits to the CHL, but it's a risk that the coaches have to take to get the best players to come to UND.

Yeah wasn't much action over the summer and I think a lot of that was probably by design with the renovations being done at the Ralph and probably wanting for those to be done before having recruits visit. It seems they are back to heavily recruiting Minnesota where for most kids college hockey is king and they aren't all that interested in the CHL which is a strategy I really like because you can still get very good players but they are a lot less likely to bolt. 

I was hoping und would be a potential location. However, he has whl written all over him.

It will be interesting to follow his decision. As of now, TSN has him as the #1 player available for the 2016 NHL draft and he was mentioned in the same category as Eichel and McDavid. I would like to see UND as one school he is considering. Maybe with Eichel playing at BU, he will follow his progress and see how/if at all it effects his draft stock.

I haven't seen him play but have heard good things about his game I know some have said he is the best uncommitted '99 in Minnesota so I would think there will be some interest in him.

I've only seen what Chris Dilks wrote about him at the select 16's.

I hope the coaches bring Matej Tomek in for a visit. He's the top goalie in the NAHL he's 6 and 1 on the year with 2 shutouts 1.10 GAA .957 SV %. I think he's going to play for Slovakia this year in the World Juniors. 

Is this Scott's kid? If so is he likely headed to UMD?

Yes it is, maybe he doesn't want to play for his dad. I'm sure Scott wouldn't mind if he wanted to play for UND.

Taylor Ward is one that could come to UND, he's second on his team in scoring behind Jordy Bellerive. 

I've only seen what Chris Dilks wrote about him at the select 16's.

I hope the coaches bring Matej Tomek in for a visit. He's the top goalie in the NAHL he's 6 and 1 on the year with 2 shutouts 1.10 GAA .957 SV %. I think he's going to play for Slovakia this year in the World Juniors.

Yes it is, maybe he doesn't want to play for his dad. I'm sure Scott wouldn't mind if he wanted to play for UND.

Taylor Ward is one that could come to UND, he's second on his team in scoring behind Jordy Bellerive.

Is bellerive a pipe dream or could they land him somehow with ward? Isn't bellerive looked to be a top player in the world for his age?

Is bellerive a pipe dream or could they land him somehow with ward? Isn't bellerive looked to be a top player in the world for his age?

Bellerive was taken number 2 in last years WHL Bantam Draft, and I don't know why Brandon Wheat Kings passed on him. Is he a long shot sure, but wasn't Toews and he came. 

I think Dixon Ward's son might be a very good pick up by the coaches.

Edit: Of everyone taken in the draft with Bellerive only 4 others, that I can find, haven't signed with their WHL teams.

#7 Pick Michael Rasmussen

#11 Pick Griffin Mendel

#16 Pick Jarret Tyszka

#22 Pick Jonathan Smart