SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Jack Eichel has no business playing one more year of college hockey. He could be a 1 line center in the NHL. He will not play another year at BU. Just ain't gonna happen. However, N. Schmatlz will be playing another year at UND because the Blackhawks have too much depth. :-)

You have to realize Jack Eichel and Connor McDavid are the best 1-2 punch since Ovie the great and Malkin. Both players are playing in the NHL next year. No matter what, no question. Just wait to see what these two do at the world juniors!

Don't you think people thought the same thing about Johnny Toews in college though?  He played 2 years of college...

Also, Oshie had no business playing 3 years but he did.  I remember Michigan Tech's coach saying that Oshie was a pro playing with college players, a man amongst boys and that he essentially had no business playing college hockey.  He was one guy I remember going to games his Junior year and saying "Oshie took over that entire game and won it for us".

Will Eichel most likely leave after this year? Yes, but I don't think it's guaranteed. 

Don't you think people thought the same thing about Johnny Toews in college though?  He played 2 years of college...

Also, Oshie had no business playing 3 years but he did.  I remember Michigan Tech's coach saying that Oshie was a pro playing with college players, a man amongst boys and that he essentially had no business playing college hockey.  He was one guy I remember going to games his Junior year and saying "Oshie took over that entire game and won it for us".

Will Eichel most likely leave after this year? Yes, but I don't think it's guaranteed. 

No, I do not think the same on this. We knew Toews would be an NHL players, we didn't know he would turn out this good. In addition, he had to gain strength and muscle still.

Jack Eichel is 6-2 195 can fly like the wind. He is ready. You can't teach his foot speed that he has. Toews did not have that asset, hence him building strength and consistency in playing one more year of college hockey.  And yes, it is guaranteed. You haven't had a USA talent like this since Patrick Kane. Don't kid yourself. MacDavid and Eichel are rare talents!

Eichel won't play another year in school. Also the only reason Toews played 2 years is because he came in at 17. If he comes in at 18 he's one and done. Let's hope nick schmaltz knows this guy! Or maybe there is a Arizona connection with st Clair who knows. He's big time and take these guys anytime they choose NCAA which is rare.

No, I do not think the same on this. We knew Toews would be an NHL players, we didn't know he would turn out this good. In addition, he had to gain strength and muscle still.

Jack Eichel is 6-2 195 can fly like the wind. He is ready. You can't teach his foot speed that he has. Toews did not have that asset, hence him building strength and consistency in playing one more year of college hockey.  And yes, it is guaranteed. You haven't had a USA talent like this since Patrick Kane. Don't kid yourself. MacDavid and Eichel are rare talents!

If it's guaranteed will you give me 100-1 odds on $5? :) If you win, you can buy a beer at The Ralph(almost) and in the crazy chance I win, I can buy another seat to add to my season tickets. Deal?

• Upvote 1

FYI just because I was curious on your size argument, Toews was 6'2", 202 lbs starting his sophomore year of college so the size/strength argument is out.  Also, Toews had insane foot speed too. I remember him absolutely walking around an oppossing defender and scoring before the guy could turn around. 

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=749631

FYI just because I was curious on your size argument, Toews was 6'2", 202 lbs starting his sophomore year of college so the size/strength argument is out.  Also, Toews had insane foot speed too. I remember him absolutely walking around an oppossing defender and scoring before the guy could turn around. 

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=749631

Toews did add some much needed muscle over the summer after his freshman year. He still needed to build up strength and consistency in college. He wasn't taking a beating... opposition and players were abusing and taking liberties on him.

Just watch Jack Eichel skate once. No argument needed. Toews is no slouch though when it comes to his skating abilities. 

Toews did add some much needed muscle over the summer after his freshman year. He still needed to build up strength and consistency in college. He wasn't taking a beating... opposition and players were abusing and taking liberties on him.

Just watch Jack Eichel skate once. No argument needed. Toews isn't no slouch though when it comes to his skating abilities. 

I guess I don't know firsthand that Toews did or did not add a lot of muscle over the summer.  Do you have his weight when he came into UND? I couldn't find it and I can't imagine he weighed a whole lot less than 195 lbs.  I mean, I'd be surprised if he put on 20 lbs of muscle over the summer.

I guess I don't know firsthand that Toews did or did not add a lot of muscle over the summer.  Do you have his weight when he came into UND? I couldn't find it and I can't imagine he weighed a whole lot less than 195 lbs.  I mean, I'd be surprised if he put on 20 lbs of muscle over the summer.

Toews and Oshie both had different body makeups from their freshman years to sophomore years. I was at UND living in Walsh as a freshie just like them. 

Oshie and Toews were fairly skinny in August of '05 and throughout that year. Yes, they both put on weight throughout their freshman year.

For the record, Toews was not 6-2 from day 1 at UND too. He grew in his timeframe at UND too. 

Toews and Oshie both had different body makeups from their freshman years to sophomore years. I was at UND living in Walsh as a freshie just like them.

Oshie and Toews were fairly skinny in August of '05 and throughout that year. Yes, they both put on weight throughout their freshman year.

For the record, Toews was not 6-2 from day 1 at UND too. He grew in his timeframe at UND too.

Yup, I was a freshman too at the time. I'm just curious as to what their size was then to show they really did put on size like you're saying.

\Also, Oshie had no business playing 3 years but he did.  I remember Michigan Tech's coach saying that Oshie was a pro playing with college players, a man amongst boys and that he essentially had no business playing college hockey.  He was one guy I remember going to games his Junior year and saying "Oshie took over that entire game and won it for us".

I wonder if that is the game when Oshie laid that sick check on the Dman catching up to him on the backcheck? That was Tech, I believe. Highlight reel.

Eichel won't play another year in school. Also the only reason Toews played 2 years is because he came in at 17. If he comes in at 18 he's one and done. Let's hope nick schmaltz knows this guy! Or maybe there is a Arizona connection with st Clair who knows. He's big time and take these guys anytime they choose NCAA which is rare.

Eichel came in at 17, they both accelerated their schooling to come in after their junior year of high school.

Also to some of the other posters, eichel is one and done and it really isn't a question.

CC

I could watch this hit over and over again.  I remember going to a Michigan Tech game where he knocked a guy out cold from a check a few minutes into the first period.  He was a man amongst boys his Junior year and it was pretty obvious he would have no problem succeeding at the next level.

I miss Sweeney!!

He was a gifted announcer who was a consummate professional. He understood Sioux hockey and being comfortable with that and further being able to speak to that were well within his wheelhouse. Such a fine perspective he had.

Yeah

Did anybody else know we had a McMiller skating for UND this year.

Last weekend that's what the Fargo Failure went with on a breakaway....McMiller. ...you could tell he didn't really know what was going on and he just began murdering a name and then made one up.

McMiller. ....really Dan?

I see both Jost and Fabbro have been out of the Penticton lineup the last 2 games, anybody hear why? Some kind of tryout camp or international tourney or something? Perhaps college visits? Seem to have done well without them, 21 goals in two games.

I see both Jost and Fabbro have been out of the Penticton lineup the last 2 games, anybody hear why? Some kind of tryout camp or international tourney or something? Perhaps college visits? Seem to have done well without them, 21 goals in two games.

Team Canada U17

Couple of potential's were on campus. 

Zach Heisinger a Winnipeg native forward playing for Winkler in the MJHL right now. He is a '95 so many just looking at him as a option if someone leaves.  His Dad is the GM for the Jets AHL team.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=253373

And Andrew Peski a Defenseman from Ontario playing for, and a captain of, Brockville Braves in the CCHL. A '97 who looks to have some good potential.  Heisenberg has him as the 5 best player in the Ontario/Eastern Canadian leagues.  Tri-City drafted him in the 5th round this year would like to see what he can do in a better league.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=207364

Couple of potential's were on campus. 

Zach Heisinger a Winnipeg native forward playing for Winkler in the MJHL right now. He is a '95 so many just looking at him as a option if someone leaves.  His Dad is the GM for the Jets AHL team.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=253373

And Andrew Peski a Defenseman from Ontario playing for, and a captain of, Brockville Braves in the CCHL. A '97 who looks to have some good potential.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=207364

Just from looking at the numbers and the league he is playing my guess is Heisinger wouldn't be on scholarship if he ended up here.

• 2 weeks later...

Colorado Thunderbirds U16:

Max Gerlach:  2013/14 Colorado Thunderbirds U16 30 games played (8-17-25); 2014/15 Colorado Thunderbirds U16 11 games played (13-7-20)

Phillip Knies: 2014/15 Colorado Thunderbirds U16 12 games played (7-9-16) - Another that could be out of the Arizona pipeline that UND has going.

Baker Shore: 2014/15 Colorado Thunderbirds U16 12 game played (6-4-10) - A long shot to come to UND since all of his brothers played at Denver. 

Josiah Slavin: 2014/15 Colorado Thunderbirds U16 12 games played (6-2-8)

Callan Foote: 2013/14 Colorado Thunderbirds U16 33 games played (2-12-14); 2014/15 Colorado Thunderbirds U16 11 games played (1-6-7) 

Dayton Rasmussen: 2013/14 Holy Family Catholic (MNHS) 10-1-0 1.41 GAA .926 SV % 2014/15 Colorado Thunderbirds U16 1.81 GAA .891 SV %

Colorado Thunderbirds U16:

Max Gerlach:  2013/14 Colorado Thunderbirds U16 30 games played (8-17-25); 2014/15 Colorado Thunderbirds U16 11 games played (13-7-20)

Phillip Knies: 2014/15 Colorado Thunderbirds U16 12 games played (7-9-16) - Another that could be out of the Arizona pipeline that UND has going.

Baker Shore: 2014/15 Colorado Thunderbirds U16 12 game played (6-4-10) - A long shot to come to UND since all of his brothers played at Denver. 

Josiah Slavin: 2014/15 Colorado Thunderbirds U16 12 games played (6-2-8)

Callan Foote: 2013/14 Colorado Thunderbirds U16 33 games played (2-12-14); 2014/15 Colorado Thunderbirds U16 11 games played (1-6-7) 

Dayton Rasmussen: 2013/14 Holy Family Catholic (MNHS) 10-1-0 1.41 GAA .926 SV % 2014/15 Colorado Thunderbirds U16 1.81 GAA .891 SV %

Any relation to CC's Slavin?