SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I wouldn't be surprised if they were interested, but I doubt they offered. Recent trends suggest we don't offer TOO many high school kids in MN. His dad played for UMD, so I figured he'd end up there. Called that one lol.

Don't want to call it taking a chance because Randolph has a pedigree as a coaches kid, but Blais sure seemed to come out great with Archibald when it was thought a year of juniors would be necessary. If it works out great with a coaches son, you might have an in for future players, if it doesn't ...

Wonder if the Sioux are interested in Bryn Chyzyk of the Force. He won the MJHL rookie of the year award a year after Brendan O'Donnell did and also is listed as one of the best recruits left available in the USHL. Has put up decent numbers with the Force. Also saw that other Sioux winning the MJHL rookie of the year award were Jason Gregoire, Russ Romaniuk, Jim Cahoon and Bill Kriski. Bobby Clarke even won the award with Flin Flon.

http://ushlhockey.blogspot.com/2012/01/best-uncommitted.html

Chyzyk and Pool wouldn’t get into all the schools that are after him.

But he did say, the University of North Dakota has shown interest.

That's poorly written. (Sorry Ryan S. Clark of the Fargo Forum.)

When I read it here I thought Pool was a teammate and neither would achieve admissions to schools pursuing them.

Reading the article, Pool is his assistant coach, and "get into" actually means "name the names of" all the schols that are after Chyzyk.

Hopefully the Sioux tell him there is a chance they could play another game in his home province at the MTS Centre during his tenure here. If all the other great things about UND don't attract him, don't know if that would add enough, but worth the breath to tell him.

When I read it here I thought Pool was a teammate and neither would achieve admissions to schools pursuing them.

Reading the article, Pool is his assistant coach, and "get into" actually means "name the names of" all the schols that are after Chyzyk.

I thought the same exact thing you did.

I thought the same exact thing you did.

And when I read it the first time I thought it was somewhat of a cheap-shot at UND --> couldn't get into some of the schools after him but UND is after him, and mentioned, so he must be able to get in there. I saw that initially as a shot at UND until I read the article in context.

I'm probably just hyper-sensitive. Or not.

Anybody see the article on Seth Jones and his recruiting process in the ESPN Magazine? Pretty interesting. I didn't realize he was choosing between us and that junior team. He said he will decide by the end of February. Sorry if you guys already know this.

This would be the get of all gets for 2012-13... This kid is the real deal. Fast, strong, big, a puck mover and best of all, he's a student of the game and seems to always be in the right place. He's in Grand Forks this weekend for his official visit with Miles Koules... hopefully we dominate this weekend and land a kid that could be a huge, huge, HUGE piece... do some good work Mr. Koules. Be convincing! :D

This would be the get of all gets for 2012-13... This kid is the real deal. Fast, strong, big, a puck mover and best of all, he's a student of the game and seems to always be in the right place. He's in Grand Forks this weekend for his official visit with Miles Koules... hopefully we dominate this weekend and land a kid that could be a huge, huge, HUGE piece... do some good work Mr. Koules. Be convincing! :D

That would be awesome if we could land Seth but if u read his twitter doesn't seem like he is in GF

Anybody see the article on Seth Jones and his recruiting process in the ESPN Magazine? Pretty interesting. I didn't realize he was choosing between us and that junior team. He said he will decide by the end of February. Sorry if you guys already know this.

No but I wish I could read it Wonder if its online

Are you sure he is in GF for the weekend? I saw him tweet to Miles Koules to tell him all about UND.

How old was the article from ESPN about Seth Jones

It's in the most recent issue. I tried viewing the magazine online, they offer a free preview of a couple pages of the issue but not the actual article. It's mentioned in the index page of it though. Gotta pay for ESPN Insider membership to be able to read the whole thing.

Are you sure he is in GF for the weekend? I saw him tweet to Miles Koules to tell him all about UND.

I guess I'm not 100% sure, but the I would consider the source to be very reputable that he is here this weekend. I guess take it for what I' worth haha. Sounds like the US Under 18 planned the weekend intending to send Jones, Koules and Matteau, but now it's just Jones and Koules. Hopefully it's true and hopefully it convinces Jones to come.