SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I guess I'm not 100% sure, but the I would consider the source to be very reputable that he is here this weekend. I guess take it for what I' worth haha. Sounds like the US Under 18 planned the weekend intending to send Jones, Koules and Matteau, but now it's just Jones and Koules. Hopefully it's true and hopefully it convinces Jones to come.

His twitter just makes it sound like he is not in GF.

I guess I'm not 100% sure, but the I would consider the source to be very reputable that he is here this weekend. I guess take it for what I' worth haha. Sounds like the US Under 18 planned the weekend intending to send Jones, Koules and Matteau, but now it's just Jones and Koules. Hopefully it's true and hopefully it convinces Jones to come.

If he isn't, hopefully Koules was impressed enough and will talk how awesome UND was. Having both Koules and Jones on the team would be great.

yup koules twitter answers it 2 and on Seth who knows maybe he's one that wants to keep it on DL so didn't twit or have koules say anything about him being there but who really knows. I am leaning towards he wasn't there

Can you translate this to English for us old people?

Please?

Can you translate this to English for us old people?

Please?

Seth Jones tweeted Miles Koules and told him to tell him all about UND after his trip, signaling the rumor that Jones was in Grand Forks was inaccurate. If you read Jones' tweets, particularly those between him and Koules, it was pretty clear he wasn't in GF. That's pretty much it. Jones has already visited UND if I recall, he made a trip last year. Rumors indicate it's us or WHL.

“@chrismpeters: Berra's article in ESPN The Magazine reveals that Jones has narrowed down his college choice: If he doesn't go to Everett, it's North Dakota”

It would be nice to have him, but I am not going to hold my breath.

His line in the USHL doesn't look too poor, but EliteProspects has nothing on him.

And as for Seth Jones, that would be a serious get for UND. He may not be the absolute best defenseman available, but having a guy skip out on the CHL for the NCAA this day in age is something else. The NCAA really needs to do something to fix that.

His line in the USHL doesn't look too poor, but EliteProspects has nothing on him.

And as for Seth Jones, that would be a serious get for UND. He may not be the absolute best defenseman available, but having a guy skip out on the CHL for the NCAA this day in age is something else. The NCAA really needs to do something to fix that.

He may not be the absolute best defenseman available? He might be the best defenseman in the World in his age group. He is getting serious consideration for 1st overall in the 2013 draft and probably would have been Team USA's best defenseman at the WJC if he wouldn't have gotten hurt. He is 16 years old.

He may not be the absolute best defenseman available? He might be the best defenseman in the World in his age group. He is getting serious consideration for 1st overall in the 2013 draft and probably would have been Team USA's best defenseman at the WJC if he wouldn't have gotten hurt. He is 16 years old.

I think he is pretty darn good if not the best defensemen for his age group. If we land this kid it could be the equivalent of a Jonny Toews,as far as draft position goes.

I think he is pretty darn good if not the best defensemen for his age group. If we land this kid it could be the equivalent of a Jonny Toews,as far as draft position goes.

Make no mistake, Seth Jones is an elite talent, potential #1 overall pick in 2013, and would probably be a lock for #1 if it weren't for former SSM wunderkind Nathan MacKinnon. If he attended UND for even one season, it would be a tremendous recruiting victory for North Dakota/college hockey. On the downside, he recently Tweeted about how he hates the cold... ??? What's the weather like in Everett?!

He is 19 so a late bloomer and already past his draft, I think.

If you are Seth Jones, is there any program anywhere in the world that turns out NHL defenders like we do?

He is 19 so a late bloomer and already past his draft, I think.

If you are Seth Jones, is there any program anywhere in the world that turns out NHL defenders like we do?

He is still eligible for this year's draft and just off the top of my head, Wisconsin and Minnesota have put out more NHL defensemen than we have. The only full-time, Top-6 defenseman that we have in the NHL right now is Matt Greene, all of the other guys are either 7th defenseman or border line NHLer's right now.

He is still eligible for this year's draft and just off the top of my head, Wisconsin and Minnesota have put out more NHL defensemen than we have. The only full-time, Top-6 defenseman that we have in the NHL right now is Matt Greene, all of the other guys are either 7th defenseman or border line NHLer's right now.

In the last 10 years I don't think that anyone comes close to our results.

On the downside, he recently Tweeted about how he hates the cold... ??? What's the weather like in Everett?!

:)

A heck of a lot warmer than GF, unfortunately. Although it rains a lot there...that would be annoying.

I was looking at the Everett roster...they have a kid named Josh Birkholz. He played for the Gophers for one season before being kicked off the team for smoking weed or something like that. ;)

To put in perspective the level of competition in the WHL, he had 6pts in 36 games for the Gophers, 29pts in 68 games last year with Everett, and 43pts in 49 games this year. Must be nice for him to play against 17 year old kids instead of 20-23 year olds. :lol:

In the last 10 years I don't think that anyone comes close to our results.

I'm not trying to argue, I just don't really think we have put out that money good NHL defenseman compared to some other programs. In the last ten years just off the top of my head we have David Hale, Brian Lee, Mike Commodore, Taylor Chorney, Matt Greene, Matt Smaby, Matt Jones, and recently Joe Finley, all solid players, but no one is really a star at all. Minnesota has Jordan Leopold, Paul Martin, Keith Ballard, Alex Goligoski, Nick Leddy, Erik Johnson among many others. I would say every single one of the Minnesota player's with the exception of maybe Leddy, is a better NHL player than all of the UND player's except maybe Commodore or Greene. Wisconsin might not have as many d-men as UND or UM but they have some top-end talent in Tom Gilbert, Jamie McBain, and easily the best d-man from any of the 3 schools in Ryan Suter.