SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

One of the other schools was St. Cloud and I'm not sure what the other one is.

Sweet!! Even though he's an A rated prospect, I think there's a strong likelyhood that the teams involved might be recruiting him to come in 2011. Under the right circumstances, the Huskies could have a spot available in 2010, but 2011 has a lot more room right now. How did you find out that SCSU was in the mix?

Sweet!! Even though he's an A rated prospect, I think there's a strong likelyhood that the teams involved might be recruiting him to come in 2011. Under the right circumstances, the Huskies could have a spot available in 2010, but 2011 has a lot more room right now. How did you find out that SCSU was in the mix?

TEO do you not update your blog anymore? I checked it yesterday and there were no posts since early September.

TEO do you not update your blog anymore? I checked it yesterday and there were no posts since early September.

Actually, I updated it this morning. I've been busy lately, and frankly, there wasn't a lot going on leading up into the season. I'll have an "early season stat leaders" post after this weekend's games.

I see that Sahir Gill is leading the USHL in scoring. A little bit of the Panzer paradox in that he get big points because is on the best line in the USHL, but he is a part of the reason why it is the best line.

So, I forget.........is he commited somewhere or not?

Does anyone know if the UND coaches have officially had contact with Luke Johnson? I know he may be to young for them to make contact but every kid can request a visit at anytime. He continues to pop up on some of the scouting sites I slave over and I never knew he was a 5th round pick in the WHL draft http://www.whl.ca/draft/draft.php?round=5. I think that is reasonably high for a kid from the states and I'm sure they'll make a run at him if he continues to impress.

Does anyone know if the UND coaches have officially had contact with Luke Johnson? I know he may be to young for them to make contact but every kid can request a visit at anytime. He continues to pop up on some of the scouting sites I slave over and I never knew he was a 5th round pick in the WHL draft http://www.whl.ca/draft/draft.php?round=5. I think that is reasonably high for a kid from the states and I'm sure they'll make a run at him if he continues to impress.

I'm sure the coach of the Fargo Force will make a run at him as well :D

The Force would have to trade for his rights as they belong to the Lincoln Stars. I am guessing that he will play two more years of high school and then go to juniors for two or three.

The Stars actually lost the rights to him because of a new league rule that says you can't affiliate players more than 5 years younger than the overage limit. I don't know where his USHL rights are. I read this over the summer that Lincoln no longer had his rights.

The Stars actually lost the rights to him because of a new league rule that says you can't affiliate players more than 5 years younger than the overage limit. I don't know where his USHL rights are. I read this over the summer that Lincoln no longer had his rights.

I believe this is correct. 1994 born players are free agents as far as the USHL is concerned. I believe Waterloo has the only two in the league right now with Ebert and Vail. Johnson is a 1994, isn't he? Of course, this just means that Johnson will be drafted next year, and it likely WON'T be Fargo. The NDTP could be an option for him as well.

Looks like SCSU nabbed a prospect from the Sioux... Tim Daly from Langley of the BCHL was supposed to visit UND, but cancelled his trip after visiting and committing to the Huskies last weekend. Thank God he scheduled his trips in the order that he did!

I believe this is correct. 1994 born players are free agents as far as the USHL is concerned. I believe Waterloo has the only two in the league right now with Ebert and Vail. Johnson is a 1994, isn't he? Of course, this just means that Johnson will be drafted next year, and it likely WON'T be Fargo. The NDTP could be an option for him as well.

Looks like SCSU nabbed a prospect from the Sioux... Tim Daly from Langley of the BCHL was supposed to visit UND, but cancelled his trip after visiting and committing to the Huskies last weekend. Thank God he scheduled his trips in the order that he did!

Can't they recruit anyone over 5' 10"?

Wow, I don't know what he got during his visit to SCSU, but I would recommend seeing a physician... :D

I was told that Jorder Schroeder's younger brother has been contacted by UND. He's a junior in high school right now.

Does anybody know anything about this or anything about the younger Schroeder?

If his personality is anything like Jordan's, I'll pass, no matter how good he is.