SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

• 2 weeks later...
any word on Knochenmus from roseau and his style he plays? thx...see he has hatricks in 3 straight games. impressive

Knochemus is a smaller, quicker player. He has natural goal scoring ability and works very hard. Although he doesn't have much size he will still go in the corners and battle and is pretty strong for his size.

any word on Knochenmus from roseau and his style he plays? thx...see he has hatricks in 3 straight games. impressive

I've been curious as well to see if the sioux land him. It appears for now that it between the sioux and duluth: http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/page/show/11742...ion-i-prospects

Also, Chris Dilks has done a few write ups on him and really likes his style: (he's #8 on this list) http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/20...ckey-watch-list

Anyone watch the Minnetonka / Blaine game. Gardiner and Minnetonka looked unstoppable. It looks like the Gophers have some real players in Bjugstad and Holl. What amazed me was the freshman Coda who played on the Minnetonka top line. If that kid gets some size he will be a top flight player.

I've been curious as well to see if the sioux land him. It appears for now that it between the sioux and duluth: http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/page/show/11742...ion-i-prospects

Also, Chris Dilks has done a few write ups on him and really likes his style: (he's #8 on this list) http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/20...ckey-watch-list

I saw that kid play last weekend he is pretty good.

Anyone watch the Minnetonka / Blaine game. Gardiner and Minnetonka looked unstoppable. It looks like the Gophers have some real players in Bjugstad and Holl. What amazed me was the freshman Coda who played on the Minnetonka top line. If that kid gets some size he will be a top flight player.

I watched the game and WOW is that freshman good!! People talk about Luke around here but Coda is riding high right now. And against quality teams from cities. The Gophers have some good recruits for sure. I love that they show high school games. it's really fun to watch.

any word on jason clark from shattuck? also hebel from warroad and shane omdahl from roseau leading state in scoring. thanks for any breakdowns or styles on these guys.

Omdahl is a pretty good player with good hands and some size, he isn't afraid to throw a hit and works in the corners. I'm not sold on Hebel he has size, but doesn't seem like he works too hard and I think most of his production is due to playing on a line with Nelson.

I watched the game and WOW is that freshman good!! People talk about Luke around here but Coda is riding high right now. And against quality teams from cities. The Gophers have some good recruits for sure. I love that they show high school games. it's really fun to watch.

Just heard that Fox has discontinued it's high school coverage for the rest of the season due to financial reasons. they will still be doing the Hockey Day in Minnesota.

Just heard that Fox has discontinued it's high school coverage for the rest of the season due to financial reasons. they will still be doing the Hockey Day in Minnesota.

damn that sucks big time. i looked forward to watching some mn hs hockey. darn

Ok, I know this would make Fox look biased but....

COuldn't they just televise tourneys (like the MN High School State Tourney) and several High School games that occur in and around the Twin Cities? That way there is no travel expenses, just the transportation expenses and the cost to air the game?

Also, could they just NOT have professional commentators and ask the people who do radio or something (I know that Moorhead has its own radio commentators for home games) to do it instead? I don't know. I know it would lower the quality of the sportscasting, but if there was some way to put amateurs or somehow find volunteers to be in front of the mic's, that could decrease cost too.

Ok, I know this would make Fox look biased but....

COuldn't they just televise tourneys (like the MN High School State Tourney) and several High School games that occur in and around the Twin Cities? That way there is no travel expenses, just the transportation expenses and the cost to air the game?

Also, could they just NOT have professional commentators and ask the people who do radio or something (I know that Moorhead has its own radio commentators for home games) to do it instead? I don't know. I know it would lower the quality of the sportscasting, but if there was some way to put amateurs or somehow find volunteers to be in front of the mic's, that could decrease cost too.

I don't think that Fox Sports would ever use volunteer announcers. They have a professional image to uphold and they wouldn't want to hurt that image by putting a product on the air that wasn't at least professional.

My guess is that the expense of broadcasting and the cost of paying staff to run cameras, do the announcing, do the production work, etc. make up most of the expense. The travel costs of those staff members are probably the smaller portion of the cost. Regular high school hockey games just don't attract enough viewers to pay their expenses. They probably can't sell enough advertising. The tournaments are the only games that normally would draw enough viewers. I don't think Fox Sports has the rights to the high school tournament; the local Fox affiliate, Channel 9, has had the rights to most of the high school tournaments in Minnesota for many years.

I don't think that Fox Sports would ever use volunteer announcers. They have a professional image to uphold and they wouldn't want to hurt that image by putting a product on the air that wasn't at least professional.

My guess is that the expense of broadcasting and the cost of paying staff to run cameras, do the announcing, do the production work, etc. make up most of the expense. The travel costs of those staff members are probably the smaller portion of the cost. Regular high school hockey games just don't attract enough viewers to pay their expenses. They probably can't sell enough advertising. The tournaments are the only games that normally would draw enough viewers. I don't think Fox Sports has the rights to the high school tournament; the local Fox affiliate, Channel 9, has had the rights to most of the high school tournaments in Minnesota for many years.

Exactly, you are 100% correct!