SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I don't know how we could know where he'd fit best. After seeing his brother's experience, maybe he wants to go to MN or maybe he doesn't. Kessel's brother went to UNH and has done well there.

I thought Blake Kessel went to UNH because UNH was the school that impressed him the most, that recruited him, that was close to his brother?

If Phil was drafted by the Wild and signed to play with the Wild, something tells me he would have ended up at Minnesota. I don't care what your thoughts of Lucia are. :D

what's jordan's brother's name

There is a Zach Schroeder on the St Thomas Academy team this year, so I would assume that is Jordan's brother.

If his personality is anything like Jordan's, I'll pass, no matter how good he is.

I would assume if that were the case, Hakstol and the crew wouldn't be interested in him. Seems like they always do a good job of recruiting character guys.

If his personality is anything like Jordan's, I'll pass, no matter how good he is.

I guess I haven't heard that he is a bad teammate, so any personality quirks wouldn't be a disqualifier for me. We have had some odd ducks at UND in the personality realm as well, but their team seemed to either like them or put up with them. I know I was glad we had Jason Blake, even though I heard he didn't have the best personality.

• 3 weeks later...
I thought Blake Kessel went to UNH because UNH was the school that impressed him the most, that recruited him, that was close to his brother?

If Phil was drafted by the Wild and signed to play with the Wild, something tells me he would have ended up at Minnesota. I don't care what your thoughts of Lucia are. ;)

Blake went to UNH because it was the school that wasn't Michigan Tech. He did not have an impressive array of offers at the time, but has done well for himself at UNH.

It's been awhile since I posted one of these, but this is the potential rosters for 2010 and 2011. Usually expect 15 forwards, 8 d, and 3 goalies. In summary, expect a couple of early departures in 2010. We maybe have room for one forward / one defense recruit in 2011. 2012 is where the action is. We know the Sioux are recruiting Jason Clark, Sahir Gill is going to BU, Nolan Zajac remains available, there are a couple of Bruneteau brothers that play D, and others have been spotted on the bench. I just don't know what to expect from Fink, maybe I will catch a Waterloo Game.

Forwards 17

Brent Davidson

Evan Trupp

Brad Malone

Mario Lamoureux

Jason Gregoire

David Toews

Brett Hextall

Danny Kristo

Mike Cichy

Corban Knight

Brett Bruneteau

Carter Rowney

Matt Frattin

Danny Mattson

Derek Rodwell

Colten St. Clair

Mike Fink

Defense 9

Derrick LaPoint

Jake Marto

Corey Fienhage

Ben Blood

Andrew MacWilliam

Joe Gleason

Ryan Hill

Nick Mattson

Derek Forbort

Goalies 3

Brad Eidsness

Aaron Dell

Tate Maris

Forwards 17

Mario Lamoureux

Jason Gregoire

David Toews

Brett Hextall

Danny Kristo

Mike Cichy

Corban Knight

Brett Bruneteau

Carter Rowney

Matt Frattin

Danny Mattson

Derek Rodwell

Colten St. Clair

Mike Fink

Michael Parks

Brendan O'Donnell

Brock Nelson

Defense 7

Corey Fienhage

Ben Blood

Andrew MacWilliam

Joe Gleason

Ryan Hill

Nick Mattson

Derek Forbort

Goalies 3

Brad Eidsness

Aaron Dell

Tate Maris

2012 - Doesn't matter because the world is ending, BUT

Forwards 12

Defense 5

Goalies 3

I'd say you can take both Gregoire and Frattin off the list of forwards from here on out: I think Jason gets "the call" and Frattin simply moves on. Still have a log jam at D. Tough troubles to have, huh?

:angry:

The way Blood is developing I have to think he will be getting some pressure to leave - maybe not after this year, but for sure after his JR season.

I'd say you can take both Gregoire and Frattin off the list of forwards from here on out: I think Jason gets "the call" and Frattin simply moves on. Still have a log jam at D. Tough troubles to have, huh?

8 D on scholarship +1 walk-on is a problem.

Not a good use of resources (think of the scholarship $$ as salary cap $$).

Mattson replaces Genoway as an offensive D. Forbort will not sit.

2 D that played this weekend will not be playing regularly next year.

Agreed about Gregoire, but I think Frattin might come back. He hasn't moved on yet, which you would think he would have already if he planned on signing. Also, it was mentioned that he was going to enroll again for spring semester and start skating with the team again. If he does that, I think he is stating his intentions right there.

Agreed about Gregoire, but I think Frattin might come back. He hasn't moved on yet, which you would think he would have already if he planned on signing. Also, it was mentioned that he was going to enroll again for spring semester and start skating with the team again. If he does that, I think he is stating his intentions right there.

Gregoire is going to need to make a big improvement before he mades the move to the next level. IMHO...

Gregoire is going to need to make a big improvement before he mades the move to the next level. IMHO...

Yeah, I agree about that as well. But I just wouldn't be surprised if he gets an offer to jump after this season.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he comes back for his JR season, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he's gone after this year either.

Basically, there will be no surprising going on. :angry:

Yeah, I agree about that as well. But I just wouldn't be surprised if he gets an offer to jump after this season.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he comes back for his JR season, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he's gone after this year either.

Basically, there will be no surprising going on. :angry:

I think that there may be some pressure on LaPoint and Kristo as well. Remember that LaPoint went to Juniors and will have 3 years in college for a fairly high draft pick, I think he has developed a pro body. Kristo is a high draft pick with a team that is not big on college players. Malone is also a possibility. Remember players are much different in April than November.

I think that there may be some pressure on LaPoint and Kristo as well. Remember that LaPoint went to Juniors and will have 3 years in college for a fairly high draft pick, I think he has developed a pro body. Kristo is a high draft pick with a team that is not big on college players. Malone is also a possibility. Remember players are much different in April than November.

The last 4 years their top pick in the entry draft was a player that ended up in the NCAA

LeBlanc

Kristo

McDonough

Fischer

It's been awhile since I posted one of these, but this is the potential rosters for 2010 and 2011. Usually expect 15 forwards, 8 d, and 3 goalies. In summary, expect a couple of early departures in 2010. We maybe have room for one forward / one defense recruit in 2011. 2012 is where the action is. We know the Sioux are recruiting Jason Clark, Sahir Gill is going to BU, Nolan Zajac remains available, there are a couple of Bruneteau brothers that play D, and others have been spotted on the bench. I just don't know what to expect from Fink, maybe I will catch a Waterloo Game.

Forwards 17

Brent Davidson

Evan Trupp

Brad Malone

Mario Lamoureux

Jason Gregoire

David Toews

Brett Hextall

Danny Kristo

Mike Cichy

Corban Knight

Brett Bruneteau

Carter Rowney

Matt Frattin

Danny Mattson

Derek Rodwell

Colten St. Clair

Mike Fink

Defense 9

Derrick LaPoint

Jake Marto

Corey Fienhage

Ben Blood

Andrew MacWilliam

Joe Gleason

Ryan Hill

Nick Mattson

Derek Forbort

Goalies 3

Brad Eidsness

Aaron Dell

Tate Maris

Forwards 17

Mario Lamoureux

Jason Gregoire

David Toews

Brett Hextall

Danny Kristo

Mike Cichy

Corban Knight

Brett Bruneteau

Carter Rowney

Matt Frattin

Danny Mattson

Derek Rodwell

Colten St. Clair

Mike Fink

Michael Parks

Brendan O'Donnell

Brock Nelson

Defense 7

Corey Fienhage

Ben Blood

Andrew MacWilliam

Joe Gleason

Ryan Hill

Nick Mattson

Derek Forbort

Goalies 3

Brad Eidsness

Aaron Dell

Tate Maris

2012 - Doesn't matter because the world is ending, BUT

Forwards 12

Defense 5

Goalies 3

I think Mattson and Rodwell come in next year and St. Clair will play another year of juniors. I think they may bring in Fink but let him know it will be tough for him to crack the line-up and possibly have 16 forwards next year and leave quite a few to come in the next year leaving a huge logjam in 2011. I don't know exactly how it works but I have to wonder if Frattin comes back that he won't be on scholarship which would leave more scholarship money to go around elsewhere which would allow more forwards.

Malone's not leaving early. Straight from the horse's mouth.

LaPoint wasn't THAT high of a draft pick. 4th rounder, right? He stays too.

Kristo....I'll give you that one. But I think he'll be here at least another year.

On the topic of Gregoire, I think he'll be here through at least his junior year.

All these guys that are potential to leave early are not going to make the jump straight to the big club in the NHL. They are going to have to have some AHL seasoning. I'm not real sure a lot of them would be all that enthused to leave school early for that. Depends on the person I guess, but that's the vibe I get.

I think Mattson and Rodwell come in next year and St. Clair will play another year of juniors.

I would be willing to bet he is going to be here next year. He is a possible piece to the puzzle for an NCAA title. Just IMHO.

from past players who have been drafted in 1st round to 3rd or 4th round defensemen usually take 3 years then they are gone and ready for that next level. many struggle their 1st season with the speed and adjustments but seems like blais/hak have these guys ready by the end of their 3rd season at north dakota and many show huge improvemtns which is just a compliment to the coaches.

i throw a few curent/upcoming guys into the 3 year mold. blood/macwilliam (whos a dam steal right now for where he was drafted) mattson/forbort. usually the rest are 4 year players unless something happens out of the ordinary or the complete opposite and you have a top 3 draft pick like a EJ that are top picks and 1 and doners before they step on campus. i see lapoint staying for senior year and the sioux having a log jam as mentioned by others as forbort and mattson wont sit and if they were told that they wouldnt be coming in imo.

3 year theory as im sure there may be a few more :angry:

greene - 3 years - 2nd rd pick #44 overall - http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=64514

commodore - 3 years - 2nd rd pick #42 overall - http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=33952

hale - 3 years - 1st rd pick #22 overall - http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=51258

smaby - 3 years - 2nd rd pick #41 overall - http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=72696

lee - 2 years - 1st rd pick # 9 overall - http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=83000

chorney - 3 years - 2nd rd #36 overall - http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=87886

I would be willing to bet he is going to be here next year. He is a possible piece to the puzzle for an NCAA title. Just IMHO.

I think it's too early to tell on some of the 2010/11 recruits.

Example - if Nelson has a monster year and goes higher than currently projected, it could/would impact when he comes.

Just an example.

I think it's too early to tell on some of the 2010/11 recruits.

Example - if Nelson has a monster year and goes higher than currently projected, it could/would impact when he comes.

Just an example.

That was my other pick as well...