SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Not really sure how to read into this. Either he is really looking at all his options or he is really leaning towards playing in Minnesota at either UMN or UMD. Does anyone honestly think he is really still considering UW?

Not really sure how to read into this. Either he is really looking at all his options or he is really leaning towards playing in Minnesota at either UMN or UMD. Does anyone honestly think he is really still considering UW?

The only people thinking he's considering Wisconsin are the few delusional fans that Wisconsin has left.

There are Wisconsin fans that think they are still in the running for Jost and Fabbro.

If they go the NCAA route, why would they be out? Doesn't Fabbro have a tie to Wisconsin? Saw on GPL that they said the same thing about us.

There are Wisconsin fans that think they are still in the running for Jost and Fabbro.

I know these kids are in it for the hockey, and UND is a great school I'm proud to be an alum of.   But UW Madison is a university with near elite academic credentials and an amazing campus and town.   That will sell some young kids.  Their hockey sucks right now, but the tradition is certainly there--plus a more recent banner than we have.

I'd pick North Dakota, but you never know about the next guy. 

I know these kids are in it for the hockey, and UND is a great school I'm proud to be an alum of.   But UW Madison is a university with near elite academic credentials and an amazing campus and town.   That will sell some young kids.  Their hockey sucks right now, but the tradition is certainly there--plus a more recent banner than we have.

I'd pick North Dakota, but you never know about the next guy. 

There are the changes coming to that 'elite academic institution'.

http://www.news.wisc.edu/23476

Saw on Twitter Hak is at the Luverne/Marshall game tonight I'm sure taking a close look at Jaxon Nelson.

Interesting, he could be looking at that smensrud kid too. I've seen Nelson play and he doesn't seem to have a high motor but he sure seems to dominate a relatively bad conference....but he is a freshman with size so I get the interest. Give the kid an offer and try to talk him into playing in the ushl for the next few years.

Interesting, he could be looking at that smensrud kid too. I've seen Nelson play and he doesn't seem to have a high motor but he sure seems to dominate a relatively bad conference....but he is a freshman with size so I get the interest. Give the kid an offer and try to talk him into playing in the ushl for the next few years.

Bad is an understatement. Im sure Hazen-Beulah would be a top contender in our conference. Heard rumors of him taking the SSM route as well. Also heard he wants to stay in Luverne all 4 years. Hope the kid is legit. Be the 1st real d-1player to ever come out of SW Minnesota.

Bad is an understatement. Im sure Hazen-Beulah would be a top contender in our conference. Heard rumors of him taking the SSM route as well. Also heard he wants to stay in Luverne all 4 years. Hope the kid is legit. Be the 1st real d-1player to ever come out of SW Minnesota.

Everything I've heard on him has been he is a solid player with a lot of potential. I believe OverTheBoards had him as one of the top '00 prospects and he looked that way against better competition at the state tournament last year which was good to see.

Guy is trying to balance the budget, maybe Wisconsin should get rid of all the phony majors that provide no chance of getting a decent job after college.

Living in Minnesota, I find it interesting how polarizing "that guy" is. Some think he is the best thing since sliced bread, others think he has the brains of a loaf of bread.

Living in Minnesota, I find it interesting how polarizing "that guy" is. Some think he is the best thing since sliced bread, others think he has the brains of a loaf of bread.

I live in Minnesota too, I'm sure there is a lot of folks who don't like him in the city.