SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Hockey Day Minnesota today on FSN the first game gets started at 10:00 and is Luverne vs. St. Paul Johnson. A player to watch is #7 Jaxon Nelson from Luverne the Freshman is a highly touted prospect and was very good when I saw him in the State Tournament last Spring.

He just scored on a tip. They said he's the second leading goal scorer in the state. He looks like he has a nice frame.

He just scored on a tip. They said he's the second leading goal scorer in the state. He looks like he has a nice frame.

Been watching to see how fast he is, but haven't seen anything but floating, especially on the defensive end. Maybe it's because he has to play so much, but I would like to see some Zach Parise type grinding and hunger for the puck.

Been watching to see how fast he is, but haven't seen anything but floating, especially on the defensive end. Maybe it's because he has to play so much, but I would like to see some Zach Parise type grinding and hunger for the puck.

I thought he looked ok today but he looked much better when I saw him last year so maybe this was just a bad game for him. He really seemed to struggle with the puck and seemed to have trouble staying on his feet.

Maybe he's just not an outdoor player.

That could be I still think he is a very nice prospect just didn't really seem to have it today.

Watching Hill-Murray and St. Thomas Academy now and it is a pretty good game. Saw Mike Yeo's son Kyler is a Soph. on Hill-Murray #9 and was curious as to how good he is but haven't really noticed him yet.

what's with all the camo jerseys

Hockey day minnesota and fox sports teamed up with armed forces for hockey day. fox sports and kfan along with other personalities like nanne are in Kuwait. they had a floor hockey game. Pretty cool day all around

Hockey day minnesota and fox sports teamed up with armed forces for hockey day. fox sports and kfan along with other personalities like nanne are in Kuwait. they had a floor hockey game. Pretty cool day all around

They also playing at the MN Air Guard Base IIRC.

haven't watched/listened to all this but they're talking about it right now

Hockey Day Minnesota today on FSN the first game gets started at 10:00 and is Luverne vs. St. Paul Johnson. A player to watch is #7 Jaxon Nelson from Luverne the Freshman is a highly touted prospect and was very good when I saw him in the State Tournament last Spring.

Jaxson Nelson's teammate Chaz Smedsrud leads in points 76 and looks like he'll reach 80 points again this year.

Jaxson Nelson's teammate Chaz Smedsrud leads in points 76 and looks like he'll reach 80 points again this year.

The point totals for the Luverne are a little inflated because the schedule they play is probably one of the weakest in the state but a lot of that is because of their location in the state.

The point totals for the Luverne are a little inflated because the schedule they play is probably one of the weakest in the state but a lot of that is because of their location in the state.

John Peterson is one that surprises me that hasn't committed anywhere yet.

John Peterson is one that surprises me that hasn't committed anywhere yet.

Agreed I would think at the very least he would have some offers from some smaller schools but who knows maybe he is just waiting for a certain offer. Holy Family does play a pretty good schedule so it isn't like he is putting up the points he does against weak competition either.

Kid has been pretty non-committal since he pulled his verbal. I don't see this much more than a cutesy story. A prospect like Boeser needs to and will make his own decision based on himself and no one else. Also, playing on the same line for that amount of time may come off as a bad thing to scouts. Maybe Boeser sees that he needs to get out and play with other players and show he can score just the same. No? Idk lol.

Half the teams in 3A are not very good, when I was in High School not too long ago it wasn't shocking to see the top schools in that section beat the bottom teams 15-1, 17-1, heck even 20-1.  While SW Minnesota hockey has progressed nicely since I graduated (2009), it still has a long ways to go to catch up with the rest of the state.  Although I never thought a SW school would ever be in Hockey Day in Minnesota, much less Luverne.  Basketball still remain king in that corner of the state of hockey (although I won't complain about that :p )

Maybe he realizes that he is currently playing with his possible future line mates and while they are scoring quite a bit, they are getting scored on even more often.

I was somewhat thinking the same thing.  They are like -10 or something.

That line might be good offensively but they suck in their own end. You'd think Waterloo wouldn't be the worst team in the USHL with that line. Boeser will learn how to play both ends of the ice at UND.

• Upvote 1

Looks like Lagesson committed to UMass.  Maybe he wanted to be closer to the East coast.  Interesting decision.  I'm guessing they promised him tons of PT on day 1.

UMass is terrible so he knows he'll play right away there. Vili Saarijarvi to me would be a better pick up then Lagesson, but I would have liked both to come to UND.