SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Anyone have a list or know of former players sons that could be prospects or younger brothers of current sioux players?? Thank you if so!!

I have grandsons that are mites skating in Fargo.

I may have to call Hak & give him a heads up.

The way they are recruiting now they may be able to verbal by time they're ten yrs. old.

I have grandsons that are mites skating in Fargo.

I may have to call Hak & give him a heads up.

The way they are recruiting now they may be able to verbal by time they're ten yrs. old.

If their coach has anything to say about it, they'll be playing for his alma mater one day! :bigsmile:

Anyone think it's a good sign that Boeser still hasn't committed anywhere (Minnesota) yet? I figured with his Minnesota visit a week and a half ago that he would have committed there sometime last week. I've been saying all along he is Minny bound but maybe this is a sign he is really thinking about coming here.

Anyone think it's a good sign that Boeser still hasn't committed anywhere (Minnesota) yet? I figured with his Minnesota visit a week and a half ago that he would have committed there sometime last week. I've been saying all along he is Minny bound but maybe this is a sign he is really thinking about coming here.

I hope it is. Still waiting for him, Fabbro, and Jost to announce their intentions.

Anyone think it's a good sign that Boeser still hasn't committed anywhere (Minnesota) yet? I figured with his Minnesota visit a week and a half ago that he would have committed there sometime last week. I've been saying all along he is Minny bound but maybe this is a sign he is really thinking about coming here.

I really think the issues in the Gopher locker room are what's holding him back. Word that Rau isn't the most popular guy on the ice are now coming from his own team, not just opposing players. It's also been reported that Lucia and Guentzel can barely tolerate each other these days, let alone coach together. The "coach-in-waiting" thing seemed like a good idea at the time, but I have a hunch Boeser is wondering if Lucia's going to be there for more than his freshman year if he decides to commit.

I really think the issues in the Gopher locker room are what's holding him back. Word that Rau isn't the most popular guy on the ice are now coming from his own team, not just opposing players. It's also been reported that Lucia and Guentzel can barely tolerate each other these days, let alone coach together. The "coach-in-waiting" thing seemed like a good idea at the time, but I have a hunch Boeser is wondering if Lucia's going to be there for more than his freshman year if he decides to commit.

The riots in dinkey town have turned to a soap opera!

Love it!

I would guess he'd be there in a second if Guentzel was promoted.  I heard he's doing everything anyways.

I would guess he'd be there in a second if Guentzel was promoted. I heard he's doing everything anyways.

This must really eat away at Lucia. He's basically forced to get rid of his good friend John Hill, then when the team's fortunes turn around, the credit is almost exclusively given to Guentzel. Maybe since he gets so much credit when things go right, MG has grown tired of being second fiddle?

At one time a lot of people said the youngest was the best of the Brodzinski's and I believe he is the youngest but he hasn't produced at the level Johnny did as a forward.

There's one more after Easton. Bryce is playing for Blaines Bantam AA(8 grade) and some think he has the most potential, but who knows.

There's one more after Easton. Bryce is playing for Blaines Bantam AA(8 grade) and some think he has the most potential, but who knows.

Yeah, way too early to say for sure, but he was an under age bantam last year and is the (I believe) leading scorer for Blaine's AA Bantams as an eighth grader. I think he's a late 2000 birth-year, so we should have a chance to see him in the High Performance / Select process this summer. It'll be interesting to see what he can do in comparison to K'Andre Miller and Jaxon Nelson.

Probably didn't get an offer.  Michael was highly ranked.

Easton may not have much of an offer from SCSU at this point either... possibly just a promise of a roster spot. He'll be on the long road to SCSU.

Also, all of the Brodzinskis are(were) hardcore SCSU fans, Michael included. However, Michael had an opportunity to carve his own path and he took it. Nothing wrong with that. Luckily, it's becoming pretty clear that SCSU ended up with the better collegiate hockey player (Jonny). Nobody would have predicted that three years ago. Also, there's no gaurantee that Jonny will be the better pro, but that's irrelevant to us college fans.

I'm pretty sure Bryce will play for SCSU if given the chance.