SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Hak in my hometown? Never thought I'd see the day.

Well, I'd predicted that the next native ND player (not from GF) to play for UND to come out of Bismarck*.

Then this kid from Devils Lake shows up ...   :blink:

Keaton Thompson cost me a "cold beverage".  

*Strictly based on where the BHS and CHS programs are at lately. 

Since you appear to be very connected to the recruitment process of these two players, where are they going to end up?

I believe they will both end up at UND, just as you believe they both will end up at Wisconsin. Looking at the "dumpster fire", if you want to call it that, of an elite hockey program at Wisconsin. Mike Eaves could be fired at the end of the season which could effect committed recruits or even potential recruits. If I'm not mistaken you even said that you can't see Eaves being the head coach next season, which I agree with and it also sounds like most of the fans want him gone too. Wisconsin is 2-18-4 on the season the only team in Division 1 without a conference win and the least amount of wins on the year.

Wisconsin had Boeser decommit during the season had Ford leave the team at the break and there was another committed player that was thinking for decommitting. That can't be a positive sign to Jost or Fabbro to want to play at Wisconsin.

Jost will end up at UND. For Fabbro it will come down to UND and Denver.

I believe they will both end up at UND, just as you believe they both will end up at Wisconsin. Looking at the "dumpster fire", if you want to call it that, of an elite hockey program at Wisconsin. Mike Eaves could be fired at the end of the season which could effect committed recruits or even potential recruits. If I'm not mistaken you even said that you can't see Eaves being the head coach next season, which I agree with and it also sounds like most of the fans want him gone too. Wisconsin is 2-18-4 on the season the only team in Division 1 without a conference win and the least amount of wins on the year.

Wisconsin had Boeser decommit during the season had Ford leave the team at the break and there was another committed player that was thinking for decommitting. That can't be a positive sign to Jost or Fabbro to want to play at Wisconsin.

I never said both players would end up at UW. In fact, I never said either player would end up at UW.

Also, I know you have no clue where either player is going. Thanks for making that abundantly clear with your comments here.

I never said both players would end up at UW. In fact, I never said either player would end up at UW.

Also, I know you have no clue where either player is going. Thanks for making that abundantly clear with your comments here.

I think UND has a good shot just because of the amount of current recruits that have played with them.  It seems that they have made some good friendships with them.  I do think both are potential WHL players as those teams usually don't like to spend first round draft picks on guys that don't come in to play there.  

Also with Fuher there that helps a lot I'm guessing.

I'll guess CHL for both.

Shane Bowers plays for the Halifax McDonalds in 34 games 23-29-52 in 4 playoff games he's 6-7-13. Over The Boards says he's considering the prep hockey route and could go QMJHL even it he plays some prep hockey. They also state the heavy-hitter in Division 1 are looking at him.

• Upvote 1

Who are the top realistic targets out there? I have to imagine Jost and Fabbro are high up on everyone's lists.

I'm sure Max Gildon is being looked at.

Riley Simpson is have a good year.

Brandon Biro is 3 days older then Jost and keeping pace in scoring with Jost.

Alexander Chmelevski 

Vanya Lodnia

John Peterson

Dylan St. Cyr

Jake Oettinger

Dayton Rasmussen

Shane Farkas

Eetu Selanne

Even Barrett

Kohen Olischefski - Yale Prep

Tak Anholt - Yale Prep

Benjamin Brar -Yale Prep

Vlad Dzhioshvili high end Russian playing for the Scranton Knights.

Phillip Knies

Taylor Ward

Shane Bowers

Jordy Bellerive

Tristan Bukovec OHA Prep Red leading scorer

Ryan Murphy OHA Prep Red 2nd leading scorer from Orono MN

Alexander Chmelevski

Vanya Lodnia

John Peterson

Dylan St. Cyr

Jake Oettinger

Dayton Rasmussen

Shane Farkas

Eetu Selanne

Even Barrett

Tak Anholt - Yale Prep

Benjamin Brar -Yale Prep

Phillip Knies

Taylor Ward

Shane Bowers

Jordy Bellerive

Saw someone from Yale prep recently committed to Notre Dame but thought it was great to see his Twitter background was all of his teams standing around the center ice logo at the Ralph.

Alexander Chmelevski 

Vanya Lodnia

John Peterson

Dylan St. Cyr

Jake Oettinger

Dayton Rasmussen

Shane Farkas

Eetu Selanne

Even Barrett

Tak Anholt - Yale Prep

Benjamin Brar -Yale Prep

Phillip Knies

Taylor Ward

Shane Bowers

Jordy Bellerive

There is Jiri Fronk, but I've heard he will not go to college and is just in the USHL to get drafted.

Vili Saarijarvi a 17 year old Finnish defensemen playing in the USHL.

Alec Rauhauser

I would say Mishmash, Pratt of SSM and Jost and Fabbro are the ones to keep an eye on. Not sure how likely we are to get any but I figured they would have made a decision by now. Maybe Jost and Fabbro are doing the Seth Jone's approach and not going to commit to a college just to go major junior after.

What type game does the tye Ausmus and t tweten have? Are they potentials?

Tye Ausmus is a smaller puck moving defenseman while Tanner Tweten is a bigger power forward type. They both are probably potentials but I would say Tweten may be a little more likely have heard the big thing they want to see from him is a little bit more consistency and the coaches are keeping pretty close tabs on him having been at a few EGF games this season.