SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

You never would have been able to type those words if he was still at Crookston. He is an obvious aberration to the thought that talent is discovered no matter where you are. I'm not saying he couldn't have developed into a nice player, even an NHL prospect, at Crookston. Just not to the level that he has. Congrats to him and his family. I hope he makes it.

100% correct.

Pretty funny to hear him just shut down the notion of going the Candian juniors route. :D

Going to be pretty tough for us to overcome the Novak connection, though.  Sounds like a good kid.

I agree.  I think I'd rather catch passes from Schmaltz though.

Josh Maniscalco, #8 overall un-commited recruit.  I think that Adams kid was in the 30's (as a comparison). Doesn't mean all that much, these boys are young.

Oh, I thought you meant just committed.  He committed a little while ago.  Give me a guy that people call a diamond in the rough like Stecher anyday.   Guys like Tucker Poolman who have to work just to get a chance many times end up performing better than the hyped recruits.   Would be interesting to see how the top recruits they had in the past have performed compared to guys like Poolman and Stecher. 

Oh, I thought you meant just committed.  He committed a little while ago.  Give me a guy that people call a diamond in the rough like Stecher anyday.   Guys like Tucker Poolman who have to work just to get a chance many times end up performing better than the hyped recruits.   Would be interesting to see how the top recruits they had in the past have performed compared to guys like Poolman and Stecher. 

Oh I must have been behind on my twitter feed.

Agreed...but I like J. Schmaltz too. Those guys you mentioned are good for sure and I'm glad we have them but the reason UND has been so consistent for the past 15 years are the types of recruits Blais and Hak have brought in (good ones :)).  More often than not a high end recruit is better than a low end recruit.  There are obviously exeptions but again, the odds are on the high end recruits.  It seems everyone mentions the Yales and the Unions but those types of teams never have sustainable success, just short term successes. 

word has it that Boesser is pretty smitten with the Gophs after this weekend...close to home...girlfriend...current linemates...development of top end pros...oops on the last one

Has he had a visit to North Dakota yet, or does is there one planned? Smittent with the Goofs or not, I would think he would at least be visiting UND. 

He has visited all 3 schools he is looking at so it could be sooner rather than later that he commits.

Agreed, I just wonder what is taking so long.  It would seem that if he went the Minny direction it would be a quick choice given the obvious.  He must be looking at us pretty hard. But again, I strongly think it will be MN. 

I have mentioned this before, but I have skated with family friends/acquaintances of his and everything they had told me roughly a year ago was that he definitely did not want to play at MN.  Odd because that is when they were dominating.  Funny what a year does to kids.

Agreed, I just wonder what is taking so long.  It would seem that if he went the Minny direction it would be a quick choice given the obvious.  He must be looking at us pretty hard. But again, I strongly think it will be MN. 

I have mentioned this before, but I have skated with family friends/acquaintances of his and everything they had told me roughly a year ago was that he definitely did not want to play at MN.  Odd because that is when they were dominating.  Funny what a year does to kids.

Every couple of weeks or so I like to go over and poke around on gpl and see what's going on, check in on the current meltdown, etc...

Hammy, who obviously has some connections inside the program, especially when it comes to recruiting, has been extremely confident MN will land Boeser, and in the end he'll probably be right.

But in the last day or two he was asked about it, and the fact they haven't heard, and whether the recent problems with the team have had any impact.  He responded something to the effect that other schools are definitely using it against Minnesota.  He said he's still pretty confident MN will land him, but his confidence seemed to have softened a tad, and he pointed out the current state of affairs over there certainly wasn't helping.

On a different note, he basically called out Rau has being a bad captain.  The same personality that causes opposing players and fans to dislike him may also cause his own teammates to tire of him?  Interesting.

Every couple of weeks or so I like to go over and poke around on gpl and see what's going on, check in on the current meltdown, etc...

Hammy, who obviously has some connections inside the program, especially when it comes to recruiting, has been extremely confident MN will land Boeser, and in the end he'll probably be right.

But in the last day or two he was asked about it, and the fact they haven't heard, and whether the recent problems with the team have had any impact.  He responded something to the effect that other schools are definitely using it against Minnesota.  He said he's still pretty confident MN will land him, but his confidence seemed to have softened a tad, and he pointed out the current state of affairs over there certainly wasn't helping.

On a different note, he basically called out Rau has being a bad captain.  The same personality that causes opposing players and fans to dislike him may also cause his own teammates to tire of him?  Interesting.

One of my favorite pasttimes :lol: