SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Don't know if it's been posted elsewhere but Devils Lake's Keaton Thompson has accepted an invite to the NTDP next year. Big accomplishment for the ND product, and it's nice to know he desires to play for the sioux.

I think this kid could be GOOD. Love the passion for the game and his passion for the Sioux. Let's keep a eye on him at the NTDP

Article on Henrik Samuelsson and no mention of interest in UND. He mentions he is going the NCAA route but doesn't list UND in schools he is interested in. Not sure if the link will work as I have never posted a link on here before.

http://dansallows.com/interview-henrik-samuelsson/

Yes it doesn't list UND but the way I take he is up for any Division 1 school. Maybe the Sioux haven't showed any interest yet.

Don't know if it's been posted elsewhere but Devils Lake's Keaton Thompson has accepted an invite to the NTDP next year. Big accomplishment for the ND product, and it's nice to know he desires to play for the sioux.

There is an article in today's Grand Forks Herald about Thompson and Gage Ausmus accepting invitations to the NTDP. Hopefully they can continue to develop and become Fighting Sioux ... or whatever the nickname is at that point.

And won the fight.

It really fired up the Force bench!! We sit right behind the penalty box and all the guy were super pumped for Keaton!! Nick Oliver skated over, slammed his stick into the glass and yelled, "you kicked his a$$". The smiles on the Force bench were priceless. Keaton's going to be a player. He made a terrible pass up the middle of his defensive zone early in Friday's game, that IMO, could have rattled the confidence of a 15 year old. To his credit, he played a good game the rest of the way.

Per an article Brad tweeted:

Highly touted recruit Nathan MacKinnon (Shattuck) is considering college hockey. He has visited several colleges and North Dakota, Boston College, and Vermont are the three he's most interested in.

He's also considering the QMJHL where he's expected to be the top pick in the draft.

Would be great to see him at UND.

Highly touted recruit Nathan MacKinnon (Shattuck) is considering college hockey. He has visited several colleges and North Dakota, Boston College, and Vermont are the three he's most interested in.

He's also considering the QMJHL where he's expected to be the top pick in the draft.

WOuld be a huge pickup for the Sioux. Let's see him in Green!

I know that he is not a Sioux recruit, but I was at a Fargo force game the other night and really noticed Brian Cooper. I see that he is a Nebraska recruit and just wanted to say how much reminds me of Genoway. He looks like a great puck moving defenseman. I think Nebraska has a great recruit in him. Just wondering if anyone else has seen him play and if he reminds you exactly of Genoway?

I think McKinnon will be in the Q.

I also think he'll commit to an NCAA school to pressure the #1 picking team to trade his rights to a team that is more appealing to play for.

Not the first to do this and not the last.

Oh, and the source that told me this also said that my lottery numbers I just picked out would win if I wasn't so darned cheap and would actually buy the tickets. :) (to explain to some of those who can't see my sarcasm... I have no sources on this one. It's my opinion. :p )

I know that he is not a Sioux recruit, but I was at a Fargo force game the other night and really noticed Brian Cooper. I see that he is a Nebraska recruit and just wanted to say how much reminds me of Genoway. He looks like a great puck moving defenseman. I think Nebraska has a great recruit in him. Just wondering if anyone else has seen him play and if he reminds you exactly of Genoway?

He is a pretty good offensive player and could develop into a very good 2 way defensemen in the WCHA, but I wouldn't say he is exactly like Genoway in that he is also a very physical defensemen and usually is agood for 2 or 3 huge hits a night as well.

Oh, and the source that told me this also said that my lottery numbers I just picked out would win if I wasn't so darned cheap and would actually buy the tickets.

Was it the Super d-bag Lomax-man? That gal is so connected it's unreal! That's more than you can say about most 8 year old girls... :)

I think McKinnon will be in the Q.

I also think he'll commit to an NCAA school to pressure the #1 picking team to trade his rights to a team that is more appealing to play for.

Not the first to do this and not the last.

Oh, and the source that told me this also said that my lottery numbers I just picked out would win if I wasn't so darned cheap and would actually buy the tickets. :) (to explain to some of those who can't see my sarcasm... I have no sources on this one. It's my opinion. :p )

cough Garrett Clarke cough :lol:

cough Garrett Clarke cough :lol:

clarke situation maybe, but his talent is 20x what clarke has. if somehow the sioux can land fausching that would be as big as it gets. also great to hear cammaratta and mckinnon mention north dakota as all 3 of these guys im guessing will be high first round picks when time comes for their draft years.

He is a stud! Sucks that he is not going to be wearing the green next year............

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Jeremy Gregoire taken by Indiana in the USHL draft this year and listed as a top 10 prospect in the QMJHL upcoming draft is Jason's Gregoire's brother??

Looks like one is from Manitoba and one is from Quebec so probably not.

15. Center Joe Labate (Angels Academy in Minnesota): He's 6-4, 180, and the consensus is that he would go later in the second round. But some teams are intrigued enough by his potential to have him in that 28-35 range. "Labate is a huge center who is raw as heck right now," Woodlief said, "but could fill out into a monster."