SiouxSports.com Forum

Murray State @ UND 9/28/24

SiouxFan100

Moving on to the next game we should expect to win. Let’s hope we continue to improve and do so without injuries.

We all know we can play better and have to play better to beat good conference teams.

I don’t know how good we are yet but am pleased with our record so far.

GFH

Murray State Logo
Sep 28 (Sat) 1 p.m. Midco Sports/ESPN+ Fighting Hawks Radio Network
vs 
Homecoming | Hall of Fame
Presented by Northland Potatoes

• Upvote 3

All eyes are on the Romfo this weekend. No better week to start stringing it together. Need to have a confident offense heading into Fargo. Otherwise, start fast and leave no doubt. Prior to the San Diego weekend, I felt they could go into Fargo and win. Let's get that feeling back. 

Murray State will be coming off a bye week and is 1-2 with a win over Miss. Valley State and losses to Butler and Missouri.

Lot of interesting stuff about their roster and I didn't even look into their OL. 

Looks like they use a committee in the backfield. Their starting QB is from Sioux Falls and started at SD School of Mines. Looks like he's fairly mobile (64 yard run against Butler). Their leading WR actually played basketball for the Racers for a few years and his bio says this is his first year back playing football since high school in 2018 when he was the Arkansas Gatorade player of the year. 

Their leading tackler is a transfer from Cincinnati, second leading tackler is a transfer from Georgia Tech, third and fourth leading tacklers are from Florida Atlantic, fifth from Florida A&M. I could go on and on. Looks like the defense is almost entirely transfers. 

Just found it interesting. UND's QB play and defense needs to be much improved compared to the San Diego game. So does the crowd - hopefully homecoming will bring a larger and louder crowd. Four games in a row is a lot to commit to for fans, but there needs to be more juice in the Alerus this weekend. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Bubba ball may rear its ugly head on Saturday again (playing down to opponents level), but hopefully offense shows ongoing improvement and defense is opportunistic, allowing UND to play a complete game for once. No more first half sleep walking exhibitions…

An interesting conversation with an O/C who is currently with the Vandals, and this was a while back, but a similar situation having a game you should win heading into a big game.  I was guessing we wouldn't show much offensively and his response was "show NDSU too many formations and a few new plays you don't even plan on using against them, just to make them prepare for it".  So I guess there are 2 schools of thought on what we want to do/show offensively this week.  

• Upvote 1