SiouxSports.com Forum

Griz vs UND Sept 7

Nodak78

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

kelly just tweeted the depth chart for montana....too lazy to see if thre are any significant changes?

Mohr no longer listed. Anytime an injury causes someone to be removed, must be significant. 

Seidl surprises me with how tough a runner he seems to be for his smaller size. With his speed seems like he could take it to the house at any time. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a few more touches per game. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Hawks won 41-14.  Brian Walhberg said they lost to the Bison.  Pound sand.  Griz are very nervous and should be.  Simon will have a field day.

He was clearly talking about UND.

Two weeks ago, I would have told you I would rather have this game not scheduled. Fast forward to the week of the game, I couldn't be more excited. This program really did have a difficult off-season. Coaches leaving, portal hit harder than it ever had. No respect from the FCS pundits going into the year. A lot of question marks. After how they looked in Week 1, they can completely erase all the doubt this Saturday. Montana (-4.5) is a great team. UND absolutely has a shot in this one. The opportunity they have completely outweighs the risk. GET OUT TO THE ALERUS! 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

I think we get a sack and a couple QB hurries out of Rucker this weekend. He was noticeable last weekend. Crowd will be loud - pack the Alerus!

Rucker is going to be unbelievable this year. Navratil was back to his old form as well. The LB's looked really good. I'm equally excited to watch that young Safety core grow. IMO, Sutton / Erkman tandem could be really solid. 

There are 5 starters that are underclassman on this defense (was 6 last weekend with Mohr). 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, AJS said:

what I'm most interested in is how many seats are being held that will eventually be released (opponent tickets for example). 

Tickets have been released. A lot of work to do before game time. 

Griz have a QB battle still. Each played half against Missouri St. Fife, who played the second half, looked better than the first guy, but the first guy was very fast. The crowd will need to play a factor and help rattle whoever their QB is. Montana's weapons are just as dangerous as Iowa State's IMO, so the safeties will really have to communicate. 

While the Griz did well against the Missouri State run game, they did lose a lot of defensive leaders from last season and were at home vs Missouri State. I think UND proved it can run the ball with this new offensive line against a really good Iowa State team. Wear the Griz down with the ground game and connect on a couple of 15-25 yard passes and the offense will be in good shape. 

• Upvote 3

Montana has some fantastic athletes. If Bergen is playing…he should/will have a big day.  With und having constant special teams fails ….Mr Bergen will eat und up in that facet alone.  He will undoubtedly be the difference maker if he plays.  Just an incredible athlete with vision, speed and misdirection. 

Their D looks very fast!  

If und isn’t able to run on them efficiently it could be a long night. Not seeing the passing game doing much at all ?  

Mr. In-game-brain- freeze bubba seems  to always win one game a year that puts the “maybe und has turned the corner” mindset back into the fans.   Could this be that game?   Not sure what the alerus magic is but there’s always one game….even if und is out classed athletically, yardage difference is a fail …etc….they win. C’mon bubba ….have an out of body experience Saturday !  Earn that one game extension $!!! Hope it can happen because the joy seeing a well or decent coached team ends there . Back to reality the following week with eye gauging calls. 

Should be a fun atmosphere being the first home game, night game and playing a perennial strong team that has an fcs name. 

Finally .   If you can go …go!  Have fun and be annoyingly loud !   Bubba can’t excite the team but the fans can.  They need get amped from somewhere.  The 12th man!  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1