SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Non-UND FCS Thread

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

He dropped UND from 9 to 15 in his poll after a bye week. All you need to know.

And he puts us as last 4 in at 21

montana is ahead of UND 

he is FOS

16 hours ago, siouxweet said:

My point I have been trying to make is NDSU is only ranked number 2 because of their history.  It can't be what has been done on the field because they have not played or beaten anyone.  They have played an average P5 school, a bunch of .500 teams and one that has put up gawdy numbers because of a schedule consisting of dog sh!@ teams including a non scholarship one.

I don't think NDSU is "mediocre". But they also are not the team they were five years ago. Other teams have been working night and day to catch up to and beat them. That is the problem when you are on top, everyone below you is always trying to overtake you.

49 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Herder is trying to influence other voters to keep UND as he can.

Him and dizzy Izzo, Izzo trying to keep ndsu in top 2 for home field 

3 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I would assume they are basing their thoughts on projecting UND at least 2 more losses through the rest of the year.

If that happens (based on what I think you are assuming with losses to USD and SDSU, with both games at the Alerus Center so far from guaranteed), then UND will likely have 4 losses, with 1 to an FBS school and 3 to teams that are in the top 5. That still doesn't scream bubble team to me.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

We should have dropped to that last week as we couldn't compete in Fargo.  I don't know why the delay but I don't have an issue with it because we really weren't in the game.  We can bump up a spot or 2 each of the next 3 weeks if we take care of business.  Then, just knock off 1 of 2 South Dakota teams and in playoffs pretty easy.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

We should have dropped to that last week as we couldn't compete in Fargo.  I don't know why the delay but I don't have an issue with it because we really weren't in the game.  We can bump up a spot or 2 each of the next 3 weeks if we take care of business.  Then, just knock off 1 of 2 South Dakota teams and in playoffs pretty easy.

I agree, was very surprised we didn't drop further after the SU butt kicking. Although after seeing the little Darling Idaho not look good, Montana not looking good....seems pretty clear that after the top 4....there is a huge drop, and being number 5 probably isn't much different than 14. I wish JMU, Sam, and Jacksonville St. were still around. Feels more watered down without some of them, however Sam and JSU would typically fizzle out in playoffs so maybe it's not really much different than it was, JMU was the real deal though.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Yes, they always skew their polls to help the Bison and lower UND.

Control what you can control, and we haven't done that.  We just need to take care of business, and we didn't do it last year after we beat them, and we certainly didn't show up to give them pause this year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

He had us at 15 after the NDSU game, so we stayed pretty much where we were in his eyes.  Not that I don't think that's probably a bit low considering our only losses are to NDSU and Iowa State (with the 6th toughest schedule in FCS), but let's at least be accurate.

FCS Top 25: Sam Herder’s Ballot For The Week Of 10-7-2024 - HERO Sports

18 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

USD is down early to YSU, YSU qb is a fast runner and throws well. We will not have a gimme game next week, due to our poor history against running QB’s.

The quins are playing well.  14-7 quins late second qtr.