SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Frozen Four

Dustin

11 hours ago, tnt said:

We don’t want Denver, but are able to have some level of objectivity, you would think that would be required of announcers as well.  Again, where are Starman and Alex?

Starman and Saski are both covering it on Westwood One radio

8 hours ago, Big A HG said:

No disagreement there.  But, the regular season is there to create seeding for postseason play...whether it be conference tourney or national tourney.  Winning a bunch of games in fall every year is fine, it helps us hopefully make the tournament and sometimes assists in winning a supremely overrated regular season conference title, but doesn't do anything for you in March or April.  We aren't good at all based on our March results in almost a decade now.

UND fans always gave Minn fans crap about this and how you can't win a title in months that end in Rs.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

agree Carle is a great coaching option!    Here's what UND would have to do - maybe dump the endless UND Alum-coaching parade for a breath of fresh air and NOT just promote slaves to the fighting sioux nickname anchor that is killing this program? 

These kids come in playing for the college they signed up for but 90% of the fans pretend they're still playing for another team and a nickname that has been retired.  GET OVER IT!  There's an identity crisis that is strangling UND hockey right now and it has to stop.  Hey fat old UND fans in the stands who still barely fit into your Sioux jerseys sitting like you just sh*t your pants watching your team blow another opportunity...want to get back to WINNING?

THINK OF THE FUTURE!   The SIoux name will always have a great place in HISTORY - but it is HISTORY.   This program won't achieve their former greatness until they FREE themselves from the past and move FORWARD!  Forget the past and embrace the future - it's the ONLY way UND hockey can reclaim their championship glory!  Just my 2 cents...

Is UND in 3 years guy on SiouxSports?

2 hours ago, .357 said:

Like most here, not crazy about DU possibly getting to #10 this weekend .. but at the same time, they deserve mega kudos for repping the NCHC so well & keeping it the dominant conference in the country. They sure know how to run a hockey program & I can admire that in a nauseated kind of way. Perhaps Coach Berry can learn a few things from the ascending red-haired Master; because Carle is clearly a more competent coach when it comes to preparing his team for the playoffs & it's not even close. The results speak for themselves.

I never expected Carle to be as great of a college coach as he has been. I remember being surprised that Denver was hiring this young kid, but wow, has he done a heck of a job there. There really isn't anything to dislike about the guy; I was never a big Montgomery fan (though also a good coach, but Gwoz was the best. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Sandelin sold his lucky charm to Carle. 3 OT wins in 5 playoff games this year.

So in summary - Denver is the luckiest team ever and we are the unluckiest.  Perhaps there might be another reason why one team comes to play in the post season and the other is one and done.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Sandelin sold his lucky charm to Carle. 3 OT wins in 5 playoff games this year.

And in DU's two regional games they still won despite not having one of their highest-scoring Fs playing: Rizzo. That would be akin to us beating MI & MSU in our regional this year without Berg. Pretty impressive. 

One commonality shared between all the teams that won their game(s) in the tournament this year is that none of them went into a shell for 10 minutes in the third period. <ahem>

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, fargosioux said:

I wonder if this guy knows that their last title was 26 years ago, and that 7 of those titles happened 50+ years ago.

He has hoola hoops from the glory years in his mancave

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm not ready to call Denver as lucky as Duluth was.  And I know that we are joking around a bit with the whole "lucky topic", but I digress...
~Bowling Green literally scored on themselves late to give Duluth life..... (2019)
~Little goalie from Michigan shutting down the pony express in the performance of his life at the X (UND would have beaten Duluth). (2011)
~Before they got to that point in 2011, Yale's best player is given a major penalty for head contact in the regional final when he went shoulder to shoulder with the Duluth player.  This was before they reviewed major penalties.  Those two goals on the 5 minute major were the difference in that game.  
~Making the NCAA tournament being the last team in with every single game going their way on conference championship Saturday to get in.  Then Air Force knocks off the #1 overall seed SCSU. (2018) 

Maybe its my blind hatred of Duluth, but I can appreciate what Denver has done a lot more than what Duluth did.  

No question about it.  

It's going to take some more luck for DU to have a chance against BC tomorrow. Bottom line, Denver is getting lights out goaltending from a former liability, so they are making their own luck in that regard. If you told me after the "sticks up" game that Davis would be the best player in the tournament.... I don't even know how to finish that sentence.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Man, watching BC handle Michigan with relative ease last night made me wonder how UND would have fared had they advanced. BC is so dang fast and skilled. 

I hate Michigan as the New York Yankees of college sports, but I thought they played BC hard last night.   BC just has too elite players who can strike quickly.   But Michigan played at a fast pace too, probably because they had no choice.     

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Man, watching BC handle Michigan with relative ease last night made me wonder how UND would have fared had they advanced. BC is so dang fast and skilled. 

No need to wonder because we couldn't get past Michigan. Plus, you're assuming that we would've beat Michigan State too. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

No need to wonder because we couldn't get past Michigan. Plus, you're assuming that we would've beat Michigan State too. 

I was just more making an observation of BC. Not sure anyone from our regional could’ve beaten BC last night.

• Upvote 1