SiouxSports.com Forum

Miami @ UND - Hawks vs Hawks to go to the Frozen Faceoff

brianvf

Just now, JaDubbs said:

Question...can Gaber come back next year or is the Covid year over?

He could come back but it's been somewhat mentioned a few times that he will be moving on to a pro career.
Next year is the last year for the extra COVID year.

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Something tells me he's the type of person that made sure Jake got all the attention about it even if he was leaving.

I could certainly see that. When Alex first came on I was a little skeptical as I wanted to see Pat Sweeney be the play by play but Alex has done a pretty darn good job, plus he is a super nice guy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JaDubbs said:

Question...can Gaber come back next year or is the Covid year over?

Gaber’s future should be calling.  The Sioux have quality coming in and based on what Jake Brandt said tonight, Jackson Blake is likely coming back for one more year.  There are a lot of other great players staying.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I could certainly see that. When Alex first came on I was a little skeptical as I wanted to see Pat Sweeney be the play by play but Alex has done a pretty darn good job, plus he is a super nice guy.

I get the feeling he prepares, a huge part of success in just about everything.     

• Upvote 3

This weekend didn't do UND any favors, or Denver either for that matter.  Whichever teams survive the other two series will arrive in St Paul battle tested and in playoff mode.  UND will have to re-learn, in a hurry, what it's like to play a team that's just about as good as they are.  

I guess the couple good things they got were some confidence with the puck and added belief in their backup goalie.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jk said:

This weekend didn't do UND any favors, or Denver either for that matter.  Whichever teams survive the other two series will arrive in St Paul battle tested and in playoff mode.  UND will have to re-learn, in a hurry, what it's like to play a team that's just about as good as they are.  

I guess the couple good things they got were some confidence with the puck and added belief in their backup goalie.

And with one less day of rest.  ;) 

29 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Something tells me he's the type of person that made sure Jake got all the attention about it even if he was leaving.

Starman could be planning on welcoming him to CBS sports next weekend since all three games are on cbs sports. 

30 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Same, exactly the same.