SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNO - Saturday ‘Hangover Gone’ Game

brianvf

11 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

fill us in on whose mom and whatnot u are talking about...

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

The Sioux Facebook group members are infatuated with Gaber's mom.

I swear a few of them would skin him alive just to wear a Gaber suit so Mama would say hello.

It's sociopathic..... its a dateline NBC in the making.

3 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I swear a few of them would skin him alive just to wear a Gaber suit so Mama would say hello.

It's sociopathic..... its a dateline NBC in the making.

she's a looker???

7 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

she's a looker???

No, she just started posting a couple of years ago on the page and it's just gotten to unhealthy levels of internet stalking because many are disgustingly desperate to make a fake connection to a player's mother.  It literally gives me shivers reading some stuff on there.

• Like 4

On 3/9/2024 at 10:35 PM, siouxweet said:

I think they run out of gas, they come out strong and fade at the end when it counts.

They won the Penrose and the Natty in 2016, so I am not buying that. Maybe the let-down after the high of winning the Penrose was bigger than we expected?

The 2016 team played poorly at the Frozen Faceoff in Minneapolis, but rolled from there.

The 1997 team suffered an embarrassing sweep at Denver that prevented them from winning the McNaughton Cup outright. We all know what happened after that.

The 2000 team went to 3 games vs. Denver in the first round and never lost a game after that.

I really hope they haven't screwed themselves out of being placed in Sioux Falls, because I am hoping to see them in person for all their NCAA games. Whatever happens, I will support this team throughout their journey.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

They won the Penrose and the Natty in 2016, so I am not buying that. Maybe the let-down after the high of winning the Penrose was bigger than we expected?

The 2016 team played poorly at the Frozen Faceoff in Minneapolis, but rolled from there.

The 1997 team suffered an embarrassing sweep at Denver that prevented them from winning the McNaughton Cup outright. We all know what happened after that.

The 2000 team went to 3 games vs. Denver in the first round and never lost a game after that.

I really hope they haven't screwed themselves out of being placed in Sioux Falls, because I am hoping to see them in person for all their NCAA games. Whatever happens, I will support this team throughout their journey.

Good takes on some past championship teams...I think the talent is there; not sure if they have enough grit to win 4 in a row when it counts.  After the last DU series I would have picked them to win it all but not so sure now.  All that being said, me and 7 UND alumni will be at the Frozen Four to hopefully cheer the boys on!  Sioux, Yeah Yeah!

7 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Good takes on some past championship teams...I think the talent is there; not sure if they have enough grit to win 4 in a row when it counts.  After the last DU series I would have picked them to win it all but not so sure now.  All that being said, me and 7 UND alumni will be at the Frozen Four to hopefully cheer the boys on!  Sioux, Yeah Yeah!

That unpredictability is part of what makes college hockey so good, IMO.  

1 hour ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

All of the different line experiments hurt team chemistry. Not many seem to gel. 

Then again, Berry is roundly criticized for being inflexible on line combinations.  

It’s a culture thing.  

On 3/10/2024 at 4:21 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

What going on with only 7 pages of gameday thread? Where did all the hockey fans go? 

There are way more hockey only fans than football only fans. I just wonder why the football forum is more active than the hockey one on a game day. I’m a fan of both. Been to multiple times more hockey games than football this last decade. Also both teams have deserved high scrutiny the last few years too.

Seems to this poster you are a fan of losing so you can play your bit.   But that is probably inaccurate, and you really are eager to discuss the game of hockey rather than just bad outcomes.   

We’re all UND fans, though, and just like seeing them win, regardless how we go about being a fan, so its all good.  

I guess I’m one of those people who is content being a mediocre fan and not a champion fan.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, burd said:

Seems to this poster you are a fan of losing so you can play your bit.   But that is probably inaccurate, and you really are eager to discuss the game of hockey rather than just bad outcomes.   

We’re all UND fans, though, and just like seeing them win, regardless how we go about being a fan, so its all good.  

I guess I’m one of those people who is content being a mediocre fan and not a champion fan.  

'...champion fan'  =  fair weather fan ???