SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNO - Saturday ‘Hangover Gone’ Game

brianvf

Just now, brianvf said:

At 12 now but right behind CC who is playing DU right now.
Next weekend will make or break UNO's season.  If they lose the best of 3, I bet their season is over.

Congrats to them.  They got their home sweep, and are basking in getting 8 of 12 against us.  They deserved the weekend. 

Now they've got to get to the X for the first time ever.  

Gotta beat CC in the Springs likely?  The way those guys are playing at home?  If they get there they deserve it. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I still don't think that this team is anywhere near a bubble team.  They've proven against other top teams that they can play -- and beat -- them.
Unfortunately, they've also proven that teams that relentlessly forecheck and pressure them like CC and UNO will have great success against UND.

So who knows what we'll get once the NCAA tourney begins.  The team that beat UMN, BU, WMU, DU, etc?  Or the team that got swept by CC and UNO?

I’d never get a laugh in, if you never gave an analysis.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

I’d never get a laugh in, if you never gave an analysis.

Happy to be of service!
Unfortunately we only see you around here when the team loses, so I'm only able to humor you for those games.  :D

8 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

I’ve got no confidence at this point. Goaltending for the entire season has been disappointing.  Pretty hard to win a championship with this level of defense/goaltending. Maybe it’s not impossible but it is improbable. We continue to make stupid plays in our own end, been a season long problem but has been very noticeable this past month. Played eight games with UNO & CC and came away with 6 of the 24 points.

Starting to agree here…we have Denver’s number but since the Xmas break we’ve been really hot and cold. Goaltending has been very very avg. these sweeps against are brutal.

• Like 1

Goaltending has not been the problem.  In fact, goaltending is the biggest reason I think the team could go on a run, as he has the ability to steal a game when they need it.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

If Berry has a first round ncaa exit will it be ok because he won the Penrose ?

Negative.
This team has enough talent to win more than just the Penrose.
Unfortunately their level of play has gone down since the holiday break.

Just now, brianvf said:

If we finish this weekend with Britt's flukey goal last night as the only 5x5 goal scored, that's pretty brutal for sure.

You said it.  Out played.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Not sure what team I’m watching. Really inconsistent. Expectations have changed a bit for me. Super good teams aren’t this inconsistent. Sweeps can’t happen at this time of the year. Luck will be needed.

Seems to me playing at home and away is starting to be the common denominator. Not exactly sure though what their home snd away record is for this season though but just a hunch.   To their credit, they did fare well  at Denver, St Cloud, and BU.

19 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Why can’t Berry figure out how to get his teams to play well at the end of the year. 

Exactly this -totally unacceptable.  If we have another early out we need a change. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Why can’t Berry figure out how to get his teams to play well at the end of the year. 

I think they run out of gas, they come out strong and fade at the end when it counts.

14 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Who cares if it’s a one and out? We got the penne rose and I seen snap videos of some of the playas drinking out of it at the var

What's the var?

1 minute ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Only 7 pages of a game thread, is Sioux sports dying or is UND sports popularity waning!

even UND football has a ton more traffic….

The correct answer is tacos. 

15 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Who cares if it’s a one and out? We got the penne rose and I seen snap videos of some of the playas drinking out of it at the var

Yeah Penrose cups are all we will remember anyways once we get bumped from the regional……