SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNO - Saturday ‘Hangover Gone’ Game

brianvf

13 minutes ago, Hans8891 said:

Omaha definitely playing like they need the win more than we do  Beating us to every loose puck right now.  Even on our power play they beat us to pucks in the corner every time…

If this happens next week, will everyone blame "bad luck"?

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

hot goalie schloss

Yup. The proverbial hot goalie yet again. A bit more urgency from several players would sure help.  Is  Dylan James playing tonight?  I may have nodded off for a few minutes but I’ve   yet to hear his name called tonight on Midco.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GDPritch said:

Yup. The proverbial hot goalie yet again. A bit more urgency from several players would sure help.  Is  Dylan James playing tonight?  I may have nodded off for a few minutes but I’ve   yet to hear his name called tonight on Midco.

Hot goalie my a$$. That doesn't explain the lack of urgency from the Penrose Cup winners. We'll make Miami's goalie look good if we come out like this next week.

Better play in the 2nd half of the 2nd period, but even after losing last night, they had no jump again today.  Waiting until halfway through the game to start playing ain't what championship teams do. 

We really don’t have any jump, can’t seem to get out of our own way. Guys are bunching up and just not playing smart. Really tough to watch this weekend again. I hate to say it but we are trending in the wrong direction. I hope we can get it figured out. 

2 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

How are we 3 in the country , wow

Good question. Being dominated this wknd by a team fighting for NCAA tourney life. Are we sorta like the Sioux football team? Home warriors but road cupcakes. We got our ass swept at CC and now happening again at Omaha, both good/decent teams for sure but not top 5 ranked.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crb1 said:

We really don’t have any jump, can’t seem to get out of our own way. Guys are bunching up and just not playing smart. Really tough to watch this weekend again. I hate to say it but we are trending in the wrong direction. I hope we can get it figured out. 

Watch out, someone might call you a "ledgie". :silly:

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

They worry too much about jersey color and what jet to fly home in

I can 100% guarantee that not a single player or coach is worried about either of those things.
But don't let that stop your rant.  ;)

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Hot goalie my a$$. That doesn't explain the lack of urgency from the Penrose Cup winners. We'll make Miami's goalie look good if we come out like this next week.

Agree.  Slight sarcasm on my part. Note I stated a bit more urgency from several players would sure help. I share your frustration. 

• Upvote 1

Again, not popular, but UND has played fine tonight.  Had the better of the chances, but it's hockey and it has not been kind, as it wasn't for WMU last Friday.  I was more concerned with last night.  But UND is clearly not in the same ballpark as the beanpot schools right now, or MN or MI or a few others.

3 minutes ago, jk said:

Again, not popular, but UND has played fine tonight.  Had the better of the chances, but it's hockey and it has not been kind, as it wasn't for WMU last Friday.  I was more concerned with last night.  But UND is clearly not in the same ballpark as the beanpot schools right now, or MN or MI or a few others.

Falling behind 3-0 is your idea of playing "fine"?

And we beat the Goofs and BU this year, so we are in the same "ballpark" as them.