SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNO - Saturday ‘Hangover Gone’ Game

brianvf

6 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Only 7 pages of a game thread, is Sioux sports dying or is UND sports popularity waning!

even UND football has a ton more traffic….

Wouldn't UND football be onsidered part of UND sports?  Asking for a friend.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Weird then what’s going on with hockey only? Thought that was our marquee sport at UND?

What's going on with 'hockey only'?  Are you referring to the fans?  The people on Siouxsports?  The Ledgies?

36 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Wouldn't UND football be onsidered part of UND sports?  Asking for a friend.

There is a pro football/hockey hating line in the sand crowd that shows up when hockey isn't going well.

As a UND grad I prefer to cheer for and support all the teams, but not all in the fan base feel that way 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

There is a pro football/hockey hating line in the sand crowd that shows up when hockey isn't going well.

As a UND grad I prefer to cheer for and support all the teams, but not all in the fan base feel that way 

Thanks...I wasn't sure why as fans we needed to be exclusive to supporting either football or hockey.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

An off weekend at CC then Omaha pales in comparison to the !@#$ show that is currently the UND FB program.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, GDPritch said:

Good question. Being dominated this wknd by a team fighting for NCAA tourney life. Are we sorta like the Sioux football team? Home warriors but road cupcakes. We got our ass swept at CC and now happening again at Omaha, both good/decent teams for sure but not top 5 ranked.   

Or the UND football team of the D2 days? Denominate the regular season then choke in the playoffs…..

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

What's going on with 'hockey only'?  Are you referring to the fans?  The people on Siouxsports?  The Ledgies?

What going on with only 7 pages of gameday thread? Where did all the hockey fans go? 

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Thanks...I wasn't sure why as fans we needed to be exclusive to supporting either football or hockey.

There are way more hockey only fans than football only fans. I just wonder why the football forum is more active than the hockey one on a game day. I’m a fan of both. Been to multiple times more hockey games than football this last decade. Also both teams have deserved high scrutiny the last few years too.

20 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

What going on with only 7 pages of gameday thread? Where did all the hockey fans go? 

I think they're still here.  They're definitely not on USCHO.;)

How many pages should the gameday thread be?  UND scored one lousy goal on Saturday so there really wasn't that much to talk about during the game. 

6 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

maybe its all the whiney arse sh!t like Faceybook,  wah, announcers, wah camera angle, wah refs, wah jake's tie, wah the time isn't hand delivered to my basement....

Man, if you're getting your hockey info from The Facebook I feel bad for you.  That's kinda like buying your motor oil at Target.

• Upvote 1

Is the fighting sioux Facebook group still full of sycophants towards a player's mother? Felt sorry for her that she pursued adulation in a manner so embarassing for her son. With no account of my own my knowledge of it stemmed from here, which could have been exaggerated.

8 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Is the fighting sioux Facebook group still full of sycophants towards a player's mother? Felt sorry for her that she pursued adulation in a manner so embarassing for her son. With no account of my own my knowledge of it stemmed from here, which could have been exaggerated.

Yup is so creepy, players and their parents need to steer clear of those stalkers! Someone get them some suite tickets asap!

• Upvote 1

Paid a little visit to The Ledge yesterday.    Pretty crowded.   Fans with a dazed, desperate look, some moaning “I don’t deserve this” and “We used to be elite!”   There were some vacant spaces along the outside edge, suggesting some may have already jumped, though I was afraid to lean out and look for splat marks below.   It was pretty obvious that gf, who has been a full time resident since 5 years after Hak became HC,  and his business, Gfhockey Ledge Properties, are benefitting from the recent sweeps by CC and Omaha.   They must have rebuilt the elevators, because they were reportedly able to fill large areas of the Ledge this weekend in the time it takes to play one period of hockey. 

Not sure I’d want to go back up there if the boys lose to Miami this weekend.   Many of those up there now will be gone, and not because they took the “down” elevator.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, burd said:

Paid a little visit to The Ledge yesterday.    Pretty crowded.   Fans with a dazed, desperate look, some moaning “I don’t deserve this” and “We used to be elite!”   There were some vacant spaces along the outside edge, suggesting some may have already jumped, though I was afraid to lean out and look for splat marks below.   It was pretty obvious that gf, who has been a full time resident since 5 years after Hak became HC,  and his business, Gfhockey Ledge Properties, are benefitting from the recent sweeps by CC and Omaha.   They must have rebuilt the elevators, because they were reportedly able to fill large areas of the Ledge this weekend in the time it takes to play one period of hockey. 

Not sure I’d want to go back up there if the boys lose to Miami this weekend.   Many of those up there now will be gone, and not because they took the “down” elevator.  

:lol:

11 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Nothing here ever gets exaggerated. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, burd said:

You're the hunter S of ss. Gfhockey is dril. Both are compliments

12 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

It's the most embarrassing collection of cringeworthy trash ever assembled.

The constant desperation to be recognized or even acknowledged by a players mom is creepy as a congressman running a daycare.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

It's the most embarrassing collection of cringeworthy trash ever assembled.

The constant desperation to be recognized or even acknowledged by a players mom is creepy as a congressman running a daycare.

fill us in on whose mom and whatnot u are talking about...

Just now, brianvf said:

The Sioux Facebook group members are infatuated with Gaber's mom.

Someone posted a picture with Gaber’s dad at a gas pump a couple weeks ago. So it’s hardly restricted to just his mom. Probably the whole family at this point.