SiouxSports.com Forum

WMU @ UND -- Penne Rosa time?

stoneySIOUX

Easy math here... If UND wins on Friday and St. Cloud loses to DU, the Penrose will be in Grand Forks on Saturday with an opportunity to be skated around the Ralph.

I'm assuming it's senior weekend, right?

Would be fun to see!

• Upvote 3

I'm all for winning the big pasta bowl, but I mostly want us to win to keep a good spot in the Pairwise in hopes we can somehow eventually get the top seed and last change vs BC which may be needed to neutralize their all freshman line. Hopefully they lose the UNH this week, though we still have to do a job and get the wins.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

I'm all for winning the big pasta bowl, but I mostly want us to win to keep a good spot in the Pairwise in hopes we can somehow eventually get the top seed and last change vs BC which may be needed to neutralize their all freshman line. Hopefully they lose the UNH this week, though we still have to do a job and get the wins.

Slow down, my friend. Control what we can control, right? The last bolded part is what matters this weekend. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

Winning our remaining four regular season games will help us secure a good spot in the PWR. So both goals are essentially intertwined.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

We didn't have the last change for the 2016 title game vs. Quinnipiac and that turned out just fine. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Easy math here... If UND wins on Friday and St. Cloud loses to DU, the Penrose will be in Grand Forks on Saturday with an opportunity to be skated around the Ralph.

I'm assuming it's senior weekend, right?

Would be fun to see!

Yes it is senior weekend. Even though he will graduate, Jamernik won't participate. He will be back for next season.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

1. Win the next faceoff and shift and puck battle. That is all. 

2. BC all but has PWR1 (90% chance) locked down: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/probabilityMatrix.php 

While I agree it's likely they stay there, one thing to keep in mind is those percentages don't account for conference tourneys.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Western is playing for their playoff lives. That's scary. 

Are you talking about NCHC home ice or NCAA tournament pairwise?  If the former, yes, they need to make up some ground the next two weekends.  If the latter, even getting swept by UND I don't think will push them out of NCAA criteria (at least not yet - unless you've seen math/probabilities to show otherwise).  However, their next opponent is Miami, so they will need to take care of business in that one, or else I could see them outside of the bubble.

If the NCHC quarterfinal remains WMU-CC for the 4/5 matchup, regardless of home team, that will be the most interesting to watch, IMO.  Two teams that will need those wins in the worst way.

19 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Getting swept this weekend puts Western firmly on the bubble. 

Run the scenario here: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/pairwise/ (Customize) 

Ok, I was wondering if game results were able to be manipulated/projected yet.  I thought that was only available once the "You are the committee" feature was launched.  Thanks, this is pretty awesome.

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

Ok, I was wondering if game results were able to be manipulated/projected yet.  I thought that was only available once the "You are the committee" feature was launched.  Thanks, this is pretty awesome.

It's a lot of fun to play with. So glad I don't have to be running scenarios of if we'll get in :lol:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

What I like most about this post is that you're not getting ahead of yourself.

jk, why does it have to be BC. Too many flash backs to the early 2000s. Some painful losses there. I'll never forget watching Nate Gerbe absolutely curb stomp us. That being said, there are no guarantees when you hit the NCAA tourney. The only things that are certain are death, taxes and BC never having to travel more than 30 minutes from home.

• Like 2