SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ CC -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

2 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Berry with the most generic post game ever.  We need more effort really thanks Berry.  

Yeah, not a lot of fire coming from him. I wanted to hear some grit some sandpaper but pretty generic. 

5 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I wonder what Berry and his staff saw that we didn’t challenging that goal for an offsides. Sure looked clear to me that Veremyev’s foot was firmly planted on the blue line. That decision cost us dearly as we got a delay of game penalty and we proceeded to give up a power play goal. This was a collective effort by players and coaches alike in this loss tonight.

Plus Kunz had the puck on his stick which would wipe an off side if I'm correct. 

Did anyone catch the inexplicable blind pass to no one from behind our own net in the second period by one of our D men? CC got two really good shots off of that and I guess it was symbolic of the entire night. Our guy just blindly throws a pass right into our own slot to no one except a CC player. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bcblues said:

There were some dreadful turnovers throughout the game. We have got to fix that. It is our biggest liability, in my mind.

This was what cost us last season-dreadful D zone play by defensemen and forwards alike.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

No one is arguing about the last 25-30 years.  It's about the way things have gone the last seven or so.  The regular season titles are nice, but this team vastly underperforms later in the season under Berry since the title team of Hak's recruits.  

Didn’t get to play with one of our best teams, outplayed both BU and Duluth in regional games, so in a one and done it is sometimes a crapshoot.  Ask Minnesota with guys like Nies, Cooley, Snuggerud, Faber, LaCombe and Johnson.  That said, they need to realize that in those situations they absolutely can’t get behind the eight ball and think that they will win in the end, as we’ve seen teams hanging around are dangerous.  Sometimes though, you can’t control how your goalie or the other goalie plays, and that could be the difference.  Need four games where your goalie and special teams are clicking.  

Mbereko wasn’t tested a whole lot but man, he made a game changing save on UND in the first period that either would’ve put us ahead 2-1 or tied it, I can’t exactly remember. He is an elite goaltender and is it too early to say he’s a lock for first team all-conference? I don’t think it is. That goalie should be behind bars, not between ‘em! LOL. He absolutely robbed us of a goal on that diving save.

4 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Mbereko wasn’t tested a whole lot but man, he made a game changing save on UND in the first period that either would’ve put us ahead 2-1 or tied it, I can’t exactly remember. He is an elite goaltender and is it too early to say he’s a lock for first team all-conference? I don’t think it is. That goalie should be behind bars, not between ‘em! LOL. He absolutely robbed us of a goal on that diving save.

Perron's shot. 
That’s too bad, because that goal would have been huge for both UND and Perron. He’s been snake bit for too long. 

• Upvote 1

Stuff happens I guess. Even the Gophers aren’t immune to stinkers once in a while. They too got humbled tonight on the road at Notre Dame, 6-1. Let’s turn the page on this turd of a game and come back strong tomorrow. Goodnight everybody. 

25 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

I’m hoping the coaches spend a lot of time reviewing film overnight and offer some real coaching before tomorrow’s game.  Lot of coachable moments.

Well I suppose that’s a possibility. Not holding my breath. 

49 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Did anyone catch the inexplicable blind pass to no one from behind our own net in the second period by one of our D men? CC got two really good shots off of that and I guess it was symbolic of the entire night. Our guy just blindly throws a pass right into our own slot to no one except a CC player. 

I saw that and I was trying to catch the number. I actually thought it was 26. That was horrendous. 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/unds-school-record-regulation-unbeaten-streak-ends-in-blowout-loss-to-cc

A few notes:

"(The locker room) was pissed off," Berry said. "They were sour and I'm sour. There's not too many times I can remember at North Dakota where you give up seven goals. And there's pride in that locker room. There's going to be a push tomorrow and that's what we're made up of. It was a big wake-up call tonight that we have to be a lot better."

There better be a push.  I bet that if UND doesn't get any points tomorrow, they won't win the Penrose.
This type of stuff annoys me to no end...how does a horrible CC PP manage to do that against UND?
Their PP was ranked almost butt last in the entire NCAA, but they're at almost a 63% clip on the season vs UND.  :crazy:

UND was blitzed by Colorado College's power play, which entered the weekend ranked 62nd of 64 teams nationally at 11.5 percent.

The Tigers scored four times on five chances and are now at 5-for-8 with the man advantage against the Fighting Hawks this season.

Who gets the start in net tomorrow?

The Tigers chased UND starting goalie Ludvig Persson after allowing five goals on 18 shots. Backup Hobie Hedquist played the final 23:48 and allowed two goals on 13 attempts.

I'm with Big A HG. Let's say we end up a top 2 seed at the tournament. Win the Atlantic/CCHA bye, then lose to the first real team and miss the frozen four in our backyard (for the 7th straight year). Will that be enough for anyone here to denounce Berry yet? The only thing I think Berrys proponents can point to is league championships, in an 8 team league where there are only 3 contenders year to year. WCHA there were 6. Does anyone hold a Penrose akin to a MacNaughton?

I have no insight to UND's NIL situation, so I don't know if Berry has any responsibility for its complete absence, can anyone enlighten me why we are doing nothing to compete with Bostons/Michigan/Minnesota? The next two years are the supposed upswing for Berry's recruiting--look at any of those school's recruits for the same time. It's "maybe our guys sneak into the first round" vs their guys "will they be 1st or 3rd overall."

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Whoever did it, should be benched. Make an example.