SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Miami

On 1/28/2024 at 4:15 PM, Blackheart said:

Is this the Trap series?

It is if they don't try to run Miami out of the building from the first puck drop. If UND plays the game they played last weekend, they have an opportunity to take six points. 

2 hours ago, Kevin G said:

When Kunz is aggressive hunting pucks and aggressive screening the goalie, he can be a legitimate x-factor. 

I think there's underrated skill there too. Maybe not enough to create much offense on his own at this level, but playing him with some higher end guys can bring it out. Look at his pass on the PP to Berg last vs SCSU. 

He scored 5 less goals in 12 less games than Mclaughlin in the USHL.

• Upvote 2

Johannes and Albrecht didn't make the trip to Miami...both still injured.
So that means every other player was able to make the trip.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-miami-both-will-be-without-regulars-for-weekend-series

Miami missing some players due to injury as well:

Among the players expected to be out for the RedHawks when they take the ice at 6:05 p.m. Friday for a matchup against No. 2-ranked UND: top-line winger Matthew Barbolini (tied as leading scorer), center William Hallen (fifth-leading scorer), stay-at-home defenseman Michael Feenstra and starting goaltender Logan Neaton, the lone NHL Draft pick on the roster.

It's possible the RedHawks (7-15-2) also could be without center Raimonds Vitolins (fourth-leading scorer) and depth forward Frankie Carogioiello, too.

50 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Johannes and Albrecht didn't make the trip to Miami...both still injured.
So that means every other player was able to make the trip.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-miami-both-will-be-without-regulars-for-weekend-series

Miami missing some players due to injury as well:

Geez, they are missing a bunch of guys.  UND better go in there and take care of business!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

If you like chili on spaghetti 

Not sure why people think this is such a big deal.  Essentially spaghetti meat sauce and chili are the same, just have a different spice pallet.   

• Upvote 2

Yes, Miami is a MASH unit right now; but, there've been times UND has been injury-short on the bench and won games it had no business winning. 

Miami is a wounded animal: Put it down early or risk getting bit. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

I don't know if I'd across the street to eat Skyline Chili, which is basically chili sauce on spaghetti. 

13 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Spaghetti sounds like carb/starch loading and slowing down bowels.
Chili sounds like speeding up bowels.
Interesting dichotomy. 
Who wins. 

42 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Interesting dichotomy. 
Who wins. 

In the long run, I'm guessing nobody.:)

3 hours ago, nd jg said:

Not sure why people think this is such a big deal.  Essentially spaghetti meat sauce and chili are the same, just have a different spice pallet.   

Yah, my wife and I went there because of all the hype we’d heard about it and we didn’t care for it but to each their own…,again, I love the Red Pepper and it’s debatable how high quality that place is considered by some as well! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Interesting dichotomy. 
Who wins. 

The person that doesn't eat there. :)  ;) If you go to Walmart, you can find Skyline Chili cans to make the Un fabulous dish at home. I actually bought the cans, went by the recipe, and it was horrible.