SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Miami

After a beautiful home sweep of Denver, the boys hit the road to Oxford, OH to play the Redhawks with another 6 NCHC points at stake.

I think this is one road series we need to sweep, as we have several teams nipping at our heels.

Here's to a conference road sweep and Schlossman enjoying himself as much as possible. :)

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

After a beautiful home sweep of Denver, the boys hit the road to Oxford, OH to play the Redhawks with another 6 NCHC points at stake.

I think this is one road series we need to sweep, as we have several teams nipping at our heels.

Here's to a conference road sweep and Schlossman enjoying himself as much as possible. :)

Schlossman to skyline chili is like Popeye to spinach. It's how he keeps his writing performance up. 

Oh no, that means the pod system will be his downfall.

• Upvote 1

I thought they looked pretty good against Duluth last night at Amsoil.  Probably deserved better than an OT loss.

The big storyline is Ludvig heading back to Oxford.  They'll have motivation, and hopefully there aren't any ex girlfriends hanging out in the lobby awaiting his return.

Yes, this is an expected 6 point weekend for UND. 

5 hours ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

I’m excited for this series as I’ll be there on Friday :bigsmile:. Went to UND for college and moved out here in Ohio for work. Hoping the team doesn’t let up their good quality of play and take a step back. Also curious what Schlossman gets at Skyline. 

He’ll probably spend most of his off time there. :) I think the over was five. 

• Upvote 1

It will be extremely interesting to see how the boys play against Miami.  This last weekend particularly, they concentrated on skating hard and playing responsible defense, even outside their D zone.   Playing against Miami, will they be tempted to lose a little of that discipline and show some of that old carelessness?  These guys have been playing at a very high level all year long, so I am not implying that they will become sloppy.   But it would be human nature for them to lose some of that urgency that made them so good against DU.   

There are probably half a dozen teams that have the offensive talent UND has, but how would you like to try to defend against this team, up and down the lineup? One thing:  I would tell my players to stay the hill out of the box.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, burd said:

It will be extremely interesting to see how the boys play against Miami.  This last weekend particularly, they concentrated on skating hard and playing responsible defense, even outside their D zone.   Playing against Miami, will they be tempted to lose a little of that discipline and show some of that old carelessness?  These guys have been playing at a very high level all year long, so I am not implying that they will become sloppy.   But it would be human nature for them to lose some of that urgency that made them so good against DU.   

There are probably half a dozen teams that have the offensive talent UND has, but how would you like to try to defend against this team, up and down the lineup? One thing:  I would tell my players to stay the hill out of the box.  

No kidding, I don't recall a team that is this scary good on the powerplay.  As of late, it feels like a foregone conclusion the puck is finding the top corner of the opposition's net. 

16 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

The X factor is how Persson handles return to Miami. I expect he'll do well and hope Hobie gets a start as well. Important to get on them early and not give a glimmer of hope. 

HH won’t be starting a game this weekend 

45 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

No kidding, I don't recall a team that is this scary good on the powerplay.  As of late, it feels like a foregone conclusion the puck is finding the top corner of the opposition's net. 

Denver's got to be thinking how unreal UND has been against them on the power play and just hitting the corners period.  They put on a display in Denver in the comeback win, and this past weekend they were still lights out!

Fired up for this series. Parroting a bit what @stoneySIOUX said, but you're looking at this series two types of ways. Pairwise / Standings. Usually, I'd say the Pairwise heavily outweighs the conference, but looking at the standings, there's some extra importance to finish 1st. At the same time, finishing 1st or 2nd in the pairwise, given where some of the auto bids are at, seems pretty important as well. 6 points here and next thing you know you're in the home stretch after the bye week.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Fired up for this series. Parroting a bit what @stoneySIOUX said, but you're looking at this series two types of ways. Pairwise / Standings. Usually, I'd say the Pairwise heavily outweighs the conference, but looking at the standings, there's some extra importance to finish 1st. At the same time, finishing 1st or 2nd in the pairwise, given where some of the auto bids are at, seems pretty important as well. 6 points here and next thing you know you're in the home stretch after the bye week.

Finishing as a 1 in regional pairwise might have added value this year, as there will be very very good 1s.  You always have to beat the best to win a banner, but eliminating one game against a BU, BC, or WI (or DU) can't hurt.   Should be a great tourney this year.  D is always big in the tournament, but there will be some racehorse hockey.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

You have to think teams will attack the points and wings more, as some have done in the past against our PP.   You just can't let guys like Gaber, Mac, and Blake tee it up.  

25 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

1. Regarding DU: hope to not see them again this season.

2. Regarding Miami:

its-a-trap-gif.gif?w=840

as I was enjoying the Saturday DU win, I couldn't help but think how hard it will be to beat them again when their season is on the line...  I'm never an advocate of loosing but a meaning loss at the conference tournament would be better than a loss in the national tournament...

1 hour ago, burd said:

You have to think teams will attack the points and wings more, as some have done in the past against our PP.   You just can't let guys like Gaber, Mac, and Blake tee it up.  

And Berg's PPG was a flashback to Weatherby's "downhill" power play setup from a few years back. 

Does no one watch video and be ready for what's coming? 

24 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

And Berg's PPG was a flashback to Weatherby's "downhill" power play setup from a few years back. 

Does no one watch video and be ready for what's coming? 

Yeah, Berg has been a PP sniper

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

as I was enjoying the Saturday DU win, I couldn't help but think how hard it will be to beat them again when their season is on the line...  I'm never an advocate of loosing but a meaning loss at the conference tournament would be better than a loss in the national tournament...

At least that game wouldn't be on Olympic ice in Colorado this time.

20 hours ago, burd said:

Attack Blake's wing, move it over to OMac's wing. Playing aggressive on that wing too? Pass it down low for a 2 v 1.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Attack Blake's wing, move it over to OMac's wing. Playing aggressive on that wing too? Pass it down low for a 2 v 1.

I hear you, but teams will tweak something, even if it's just working harder at blocking those shots.   Leaving our snipers space to strike from Duncan's office won't do it.