SiouxSports.com Forum

fightingsioux4life

31 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Just think of the players we could bring in with $500,000!!!! We don’t have the donors for NIL or a buyout.

If we can't afford to do what is necessary to be competitive in Division I, we should move FB to the Pioneer League or just drop the sport.

Or move back down to Division II, where we can win with very few resources.

This Division I move was poorly planned from the start. Doing something this large and consequential because someone else did it (NDSU, SDSU) is never a good reason to do something.

The results (or lack thereof) are all the evidence you need.

• Downvote 2

1. I wish your venture well; however, I suspect its demise is more likely. I will be contributing directly to UND (for the tax implications) per usual. 

2. I can argue "success" either way. Three quarters of FCS would trade with UND in a heartbeat. But measured against the xDSUs it's not enough. Conundrum. 

3. Never trust an orange cat. One flooded a sibling's house. Not kidding. Tuxedo is the way to go. 

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

1. I wish your venture well; however, I suspect its demise is more likely. I will be contributing directly to UND (for the tax implications) per usual. 

2. I can argue "success" either way. Three quarters of FCS would trade with UND in a heartbeat. But measured against the xDSUs it's not enough. Conundrum. 

3. Never trust an orange cat. One flooded a sibling's house. Not kidding. Tuxedo is the way to go. 

Agree with 1.

As for 2., remember the FCS is very top heavy. The average FCS team is not a good benchmark for UND due to how watered down the bottom half is. You essentially stated that with the xDSU statement. Only around 5-10 programs (if not less) are true championship contender each season in the FCS.

Now, how does Chaves view this? No clue. Probably content based on previous actions. Actions speak louder than words. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Agree with 1.

As for 2., remember the FCS is very top heavy. The average FCS team is not a good benchmark for UND due to how watered down the bottom half is. You essentially stated that with the xDSU statement. Only around 5-10 programs (if not less) are true championship contender each season in the FCS.

Now, how does Chaves view this? No clue. Probably content based on previous actions. Actions speak louder than words. 

What were your thoughts on #3?

• Upvote 3

On 12/5/2023 at 8:48 AM, The Sicatoka said:

No. Orange. Cats.

Seems all the more appropriate this week with the CC ... Tigers ... coming in. :D  

Judging a book by it's cover is always a bad idea.

Hawthorne is a good boy. Friendly, sweet, affectionate and always excited to see me when I've been gone all day.

On 12/5/2023 at 6:32 AM, The Sicatoka said:

So, If am reading you right: 75% of the FCS fans would trade with UND, meaning they'd accept a 7-5 season and a traditional first round exits every year?

Just now, Goon said:

So, If am reading you right: 75% of the FCS fans would trade with UND, meaning they'd accept a 7-5 season and a traditional first round exits every year?

IMO he is saying trade for UND's facilities, fans, legacy, and upward projectory - we won numerous NCC championships, the Great West and Big Sky - a majority of schools have never won a conference championship. SDSU NEVER won the NCC. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Goon said:

Over 100 FCS teams didn’t have a first round entry much less exit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

IMO he is saying trade for UND's facilities, fans, legacy, and upward projectory - we won numerous NCC championships, the Great West and Big Sky - a majority of schools have never won a conference championship. SDSU NEVER won the NCC. 

So the fact that the Jackrabbits are winning FCS titles is somehow diminished by not having won the old NCC since the 1960's?

We should focus on the present, not the past.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

School Conference
Titles Last
Title
North Dakota State 26 1994
North Dakota 24 2006
South Dakota State 14 1963
Northern Iowa 12 1964
South Dakota 10 2005
Nebraska-Omaha 9 2007
Northern Colorado 5 2002
Morningside 3 1956
Creighton 2 1927
Minnesota State 2 1993
Augustana 1 1959
Minnesota-Duluth 1 2005
St. Cloud State 1 1989
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

IMO he is saying trade for UND's facilities, fans, legacy, and upward protectory - we won numerous NCC championships, the Great West and Big Sky - a majority of schools have never won a conference championship. SDSU NEVER won the NCC. 

Honestly, what does that have to do now? I mean seriously, most of those great memories were 30 years ago. Or 5-10 years ago. Yep, Big Sky Championship, that was awesome, and then our favorite team went out and lost to the Richmond Spiders in the first round. SDSU might have never won an NCC title, but they're quickly leaving UND in the dust, in football and in Men's and Women's basketball. Do we want to continue to accept mediocrity? We had fans that wanted to fire Berry because he hasn't won a second round NCAA hockey game since 2016. Why can't we have the same standards for the other sports? The UND football program is oozing mediocrity, and has been for  along time. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So, the fact that the Jackrabbits are winning FCS titles is somehow diminished by not having won the old NCC since the 1960's?

We should focus on the present, not the past.

Exactly, that's horrendous logic. So, I am getting this vibe that some are happy with the status quo? Things are okay since we won in Division II. That mindset is the reason NDSU is marching along in the FCS playoffs while our favorite team is in the offseason. We're satisfied with being better than 75 percent of the teams. Doesn't anyone want to be the champion instead of the bridesmaid? The Fighting Hawks are the laughingstock in ND. People know that the Bison are the benchmark in North Dakota and laugh at us. As an Alum, I want us to be better. I am tired of first round exits and coaching contract extensions after 5-6 seasons. We should be pissed. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Goon said:

Exactly, that's horrendous logic. So, I am getting this vibe that some are happy with the status quo? Things are okay since we won in Division II. That mindset is the reason NDSU is marching along in the FCS playoffs while our favorite team is in the offseason. We're satisfied with being better than 75 percent of the teams. Doesn't anyone want to be the champion instead of the bridesmaid? The Fighting Hawks are the laughingstock in ND. People know that the Bison are the benchmark in North Dakota and laugh at us. As an Alum, I want us to be better. I am tired of first round exits and coaching contract extensions after 5-6 seasons. We should be pissed. 

I was simply addressing the question asked about what does UND have that the bottom 75% might envy. Nothing about being "satisfied". 

• Upvote 1