SiouxSports.com Forum

fightingsioux4life

23 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

UND facilities and University are heads and tails above most FCS programs.  Anytime we are out of the top 25 in FCS football, it is a total coaching failure.

Facilities, which are currently under construction?  The indoor practice facility is nice, but how far has it been from actual locker room?  Kind of a big detail when it comes to comparing facilities with other schools.

UND FB coaches have been overperforming, based on their pay, which is pretty dang close the the FCS median...

-> https://knightnewhousedata.org/reports/682028d4

12 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Facilities, which are currently under construction?  The indoor practice facility is nice, but how far has it been from actual locker room?  Kind of a big detail when it comes to comparing facilities with other schools.

UND FB coaches have been overperforming, based on their pay, which is pretty dang close the the FCS median...

-> https://knightnewhousedata.org/reports/fa295ee0

UND has top 20 facilities in FCS.  How many indoor practice facilities exist in FCS?  When the locker room facility is complete UND will be top 5 easily.  Saying our coaches overperform is silly.  UND should always be a top 25 program and after new phase is complete should be top 10.  How many FCS games away from the Alerus have you been too?

6 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

UND has top 20 facilities in FCS.  How many indoor practice facilities exist in FCS?  When the locker room facility is complete UND will be top 5 easily.  Saying our coaches overperform is silly.  UND should always be a top 25 program and after new phase is complete should be top 10.  How many FCS games away from the Alerus have you been too?

A lot of programs also don't need to walk outside, in ND, to get to their practice field.  Many schools don't really need indoor practice facilities either, because it's not nearly as cold or windy, anywhere.

5 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

A lot of programs also don't need to walk outside, in ND, to get to their practice field.  Many schools don't really need indoor practice facilities either, because it's not nearly as cold or windy, anywhere.

It is a huge selling point to the average recruit, when the next phase is comllete, UND will have as good of facilities as exist in FCS and better than most G5 schools.  Those are just the facts.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

It is a huge selling point to the average recruit, when the next phase is comllete, UND will have as good of facilities as exist in FCS and better than most G5 schools.  Those are just the facts.

Yeah, it will be great.  Right now, the facilities don't match your expectations of the team.  Just because UND and SDSU both have indoor practice facilities, that doesn't mean the facilities, as a whole, are both championship caliber (currently - yes it will soon change). 

5 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Yeah, it will be great.  Right now, the facilities don't match your expectations of the team.  Just because UND and SDSU both have indoor practice facilities, that doesn't mean the facilities, as a whole, are both championship caliber (currently - yes it will soon change). 

UND consistently underperforms.  UND's facilties are far better than Sac State.  Why did we lose ?

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

UND consistently underperforms.  UND's facilties are far better than Sac State.  Why did we lose ?

Pretty sure Sacramento State doesn't need an indoor practice facility.  Their weight room and locker room was built in 2008, I believe, and it is right next to the field.  

image.png.5d039f2e19b9f6cececc6c8766f4b74e.png

On 12/10/2023 at 9:36 AM, CMSioux said:

IMO he is saying trade for UND's facilities, fans, legacy, and upward projectory - we won numerous NCC championships, the Great West and Big Sky - a majority of schools have never won a conference championship. SDSU NEVER won the NCC. 

Living in the past is worth a minimum amount, in my opinion. Successful programs keep their eyes forward, and don’t get caught up in the rear-view mirror.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 10:10 AM, Midwestern Hawk said:

UND facilities and University are heads and tails above most FCS programs.  Anytime we are out of the top 25 in FCS football, it is a total coaching failure.

I agree. UND’s facility upgrades and ongoing construction only further exemplifies how incompetent the current coaching staff is at UND. The spotlight shines brighter on Bubba Schweigert's shortcomings, and the desperate need for a new era of coaching for UND football. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

You pay for what you’re gonna get. Are the current UND coaches actually underpaid? Quite the opposite in my opinion. The staff is basically made up of former players that have minimal to no outside experience. Inbred minimalists… the UND football country club. 

The salary pool should definitely rise, though, when/if the new staff is hired.

18 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Living in the past is worth a minimum amount, in my opinion. Successful programs keep their eyes forward, and don’t get caught up in the rear-view mirror.

You are correct.

Unless we want to keep bitching about not hiring a different coach 10 yrs ago then it’s ok to kick that dead horse forever (and forever evermore). That would be ok.  

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This is an overly simplistic take, but if the solution to the problem was this simple, whose fault would it be? 

A: Coaches.

I think it was and I don't disagree with that.  I don't think there should have been an extension either.  

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

You are correct.

Unless we want to keep bitching about not hiring a different coach 10 yrs ago then it’s ok to kick that dead horse forever (and forever evermore). That would be ok.  

Learning from the past is different than to relish in the past. So, it would be ok to acknowledge that, and not distract. 

I have questions for UND-FB-Fan i would like to know if were born and raised in North Dakota or Norther Minnesota because you seem to have aversity to power structure and how the politics happen at the UND. I am saying you're not wrong on some of your ideas but it's the attitude that your 100% correct and you seem to think your criteria for job is W and L. I think community, School, and Alumni do care about are W and L, but they also care about student athletes' academics and type of individuals that represent them on the field. The references to facilities that have been built are reflection of backers of UND football that believe in the program and have supported this coach otherwise money would not have been here to build these facilities. I still think a lot dissatisfaction is we have had not experienced the glory that the university to South has experienced in last 15 years and we have not caught up to them and surpassed them.

The history of between the Two universities goes way back and each of them have had their dominance and other behind other. The late 70's and 80's UND was dominant in hockey and Fargo was trying to catch up build hockey program until they finally drop whole idea and put money forth into their football program. There rewards didn't happen until we see them build into division I program and become the dominant program they are today. We have been trying to catch them ever since we went division I but problem has is they have established name recognition and parlayed into having big recruiting advantage over most of area teams. The exception now SDSU has made inroads on this front, and we are starting to win a few recruiting battles but very few. This is where i come from you have seen some of Missouri valley teams hyer this flashy coach they bubble up for year then they fall back to bottom league trying to rebuild their program and nobody is coming to games and supporters are know where to be found. Example of this is Missouri State. Und has had one period of this in my lifetime and nearly took 20 years to get back to where they were dominant program.  We were one coach of this happening before Bubba came in had support of long term to get program heading in right direction.

This is why people in charge may seem slow to younger fans that want immediate gratification because you have no experience or history of what it takes schools like UND to build program and stay in the upper tier of that sport. The majority of schools in FCS don't have resources or money if things blow up to just turn around do it again because what usually people resources disappear with big time failure. The University to South is exception and they want even to move higher in Football and they may very well achieve that but i have my doubts on that because of where we located.  

• Upvote 2