SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

5 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

An easy improvement would be to go back to requiring sitting out a year when transferring.  That would cut down on a lot of the transfers for NIL money.  

I haven’t kept up enough to know if that was changed to meet a law or if it was ncaa whim.  

or would it.  The way these big schools are handing out money, would they then pay the student athlete while he/she is waiting to be eligible and then for the additional years they are eligible ??

22 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Here is a pic of the top 7 NIL earners in NCAA from ON3.com.  You can sort the numbers a bunch of ways on that web site.  The numbers are staggering.

Here is link sorted for football.  https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player/college/football/ 

image.png.ca38b874a7c7f6f3e9bdcb9b1fe0e063.png

haha.....angel reese......what she selling other than her soul.

https://inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/mcfeely-ndsu-collective-moves-with-urgency-after-fbs-school-offers-250k-to-bison-player?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

Fargo and NDSU are being proactive towards football.

UND made no coaching changes, but they will also sit tight on current Alston awards and do nothing else to prevent football program’s deterioration.

Not all on UND, of course; need supporters for UND football to step up and initiate a collective for football program. But hard to do that with the current lack of competent leadership in place for football program.

10 hours ago, SlowHand said:

Current List:

North Dakota
OL Easton Kilty
QB Tommy Schuster
OL Brayden Bryant
WR Jack Wright
DB Edmund Ocansey
DE Ben McNaboe
LB Emmet Wolf

To my eye, three guys going elsewhere with their Covid year, two guys who seldom saw the field, a guy who's done with his degree (as a junior!), and Ocansey. 

It ain't tOSU losing an 11-1 as a starter QB, but thank you for your interest in North Dakota Athletics. :)  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

https://inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/mcfeely-ndsu-collective-moves-with-urgency-after-fbs-school-offers-250k-to-bison-player?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

UND made no coaching changes, but they will also sit tight on current Alston awards and do nothing else to prevent football program’s deterioration.

Not all on UND, of course; need supporters for UND football to step up and initiate a collective for football program. But hard to do that with the current lack of competent leadership in place for football program.

I’m not sure any finger pointing you can do here are towards the administration.   As hard as you want to spin it…..this is on the fans like me and you.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

FCS (and the G5) are now the minor or developmental league for the power schools. That's not defeatist; it's reality. 

If the Texas hook-'em-horns want your NG they're getting your NG. 

Given the current rulings, you’re correct. Hard pill to swallow for smaller programs. Need to be imaginative and proactive in order to combat this. 

54 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

NDSU is struggling to raise money, why else would they schedule an emergency meeting to get more members. Lots of people want to be a fan but not many willing to throw down extra $$$$

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

To my eye, three guys going elsewhere with their Covid year, two guys who seldom saw the field, a guy who's done with his degree (as a junior!), and Ocansey. 

It ain't tOSU losing an 11-1 as a starter QB, but thank you for your interest in North Dakota Athletics. :)  

Agreed, most moving on with life, as student-athletes should. Not much damage control yet but every time I open this thread I'm holding my breath. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

NDSU is struggling to raise money, why else would they schedule an emergency meeting to get more members. Lots of people want to be a fan but not many willing to throw down extra $$$$

Like the old days when the priest would gather the men in the church basement and say 'No one leaves until we raise enough money to pay off the morgage". This really happened back in the day. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

FCS (and the G5) are now the minor or developmental league for the power schools. That's not defeatist; it's reality. 

If the Texas hook-'em-horns want your NG they're getting your NG. 

Is this a bad thing?

I don't see an issue with this if I'm being honest. 

The Alston award (701 award) works essentially the same as a NIL collective. To say that UND is sitting around doing nothing is patently false. How much do some schools NIL funds have? Seems like we're really talking semantics here. What UND cannot do is pay an individual athlete big $. I would argue trying to do that is not sustainable anyways. 

• Upvote 3