SiouxSports.com Forum

The Beavs @ UND

stoneySIOUX

But we all know that he had the opportunity to bolt even before he went to Bemidji and kept his commitment, so not sure if his mind will change.  Even if he does, I don’t see Strathmann or Emery playing another year of juniors, and don’t believe Jubenvill has the option. Emery could depend on where he gets drafted.

24 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Turkey causes sleepiness. Hope the Beavers eat so much turkey. 

Brad mentioned in his podcast this week that we've had some stinker games at home the day after Thanksgiving.  So hopefully we can turn that around and not have a letdown.  We need to schedule more games on Thanksgiving...remember the Murder at Mariucci a few years ago?  :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goon said:

This "should" be series that the power play should get going. Another think that I notice is that they're not doing well in the faceoff dot. 

Capture.PNG

I think the key word here is "should".   There have been times in the past when a goalie coming in here has horrible save percentage and goals against, and all of a sudden he becomes a world beater.  When I hear Schlossman's latest podcast and hear a lot of "should" referenced, it gives me pause, because it makes it even more frustrating when things don't go as suggested. 

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

I think the key word here is "should".   There have been times in the past when a goalie coming in here has horrible save percentage and goals against, and all of a sudden he becomes a world beater.  When I hear Schlossman's latest podcast and hear a lot of "should" referenced, it gives me pause, because it makes it even more frustrating when things don't go as suggested. 

Those are usually games where we shoot the puck into the goaltender's stomach or take a bunch of low percentage shots from the outside.

30 minutes ago, tnt said:

I listen to Brad, Eli and Feldy weekly, and last week and the expected goals came up. I was like; noooooooooooooooo!

5 minutes ago, Goon said:

I listen to Brad, Eli and Feldy weekly, and last week and the expected goals came up. I was like; noooooooooooooooo!

I'll never understand why people get so bothered by this statistic. It's analytics. Just a way of look at the game. Expected DOES NOT mean it will happen. It's really that easy.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Brad mentioned in his podcast this week that we've had some stinker games at home the day after Thanksgiving.  So hopefully we can turn that around and not have a letdown.  We need to schedule more games on Thanksgiving...remember the Murder at Mariucci a few years ago?  :D 

I loved the Gopher color guy’s comment after Smith scored the 9th goal about rubbing salt in the wound and basically risk waking a sleeping giant for the following game. What’s Smith supposed to do, NOT shoot that puck as he’s coming down Broadway? Plus, it wasn’t like he did some epic cele after the goal.

27 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'll never understand why people get so bothered by this statistic. It's analytics. Just a way of look at the game. Expected DOES NOT mean it will happen. It's really that easy.

Last year, it seemed like the kiss of death. This year, UND has been close to the expected goal totals.