SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ South Dakota 11/11/2023

SiouxFan100

19 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

With one of the projected brackets I saw (I think STATS) UND could very well end up travelling back to Vermillion if they can win a first round playoff game. I'd welcome that challenge, and would definitely rather go there that Brookings.

I wouldn't mine that! But what I did see is that UND and USD were on the same side as SDSU. And what a surprise in most of the brackets I have seen NDSU is on the opposite side of SDSU??

42 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Unfortunately, you are probably correct. I have felt Schuster is a good QB but probably not going to carry a team on his back to pull out a win. I also hadn’t felt he would lose a game for us. He did make a difference in the OT win against ISU but we shouldn’t have been in that position in the first place. I thought he played the worse game of his career against USD.  Feeney should have been given a shot against UNI. Team needed a spark. If Schuster plays in the first quarter like he did against USD, I would put Feeney in to start the second quarter.  

Schuster is a like a Brad Johnson type qb to me. Checkdown Charlie. Manage the game. Keep us safe. Win most games. The problem is he isn’t the type that can put the team on his back and score a huge upset win against a better team or even a good team on the road. When the game manager stops managing the games well like against USD and UNI it’s a problem and sucks the life out of the team. I used to defend him more because his floor was so high but he’s lowered it recently and that makes me eager to see Trey in there. Tommy has done well for us no doubt, but I want more.

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Schuster is a like a Brad Johnson type qb to me. Checkdown Charlie. Manage the game. Keep us safe. Win most games. The problem is he isn’t the type that can put the team on his back and score a huge upset win against a better team or even a good team on the road. When the game manager stops managing the games well like against USD and UNI it’s a problem and sucks the life out of the team. I used to defend him more because his floor was so high but he’s lowered it recently and that makes me eager to see Trey in there. Tommy has done well for us no doubt, but I want more.

Don't disagree with this but if Belquist pulls down that ball in the endzone or Wes catches that ball on the last drive, things probably look at little different.
Both of those balls were put were they needed to be. Not routine catches but I'd guess both of those guys wish they had another shot at those.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Don't disagree with this but if Belquist pulls down that ball in the endzone or Wes catches that ball on the last drive, things probably look at little different.
Both of those balls were put were they needed to be. Not routine catches but I'd guess both of those guys wish they had another shot at those.

Or if Tommy had the arm to make that INT a TD on that 16 play drive

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Or if Tommy had the arm to make that INT a TD on that 16 play drive

That was absolutely a poorly placed ball. Strong or weak arm, that's a decision he's rarely made and was much out of character. Not sure what he saw or thought the receiver was doing.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Ball shouldn’t have been thrown to Belquist. There were 3 defenders there and it probably should’ve been picked. That would have been a tough catch for Belquist but considering it was Belquist it was possible. A strong throw probably would have been a TD. Didn’t we have a guy open early in the right flat?  
Doesn’t matter. There were a number of plays that could have made a difference. It’s a team effort and we didn’t get the job done. No more excuses. Find a way to win Saturday and we have a decent chance at the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

That was absolutely a poorly placed ball. Strong or weak arm, that's a decision he's rarely made and was much out of character. Not sure what he saw or thought the receiver was doing.

He had time so he shouldn’t have thrown a weak pass off his back foot. 
I don’t want to be over critical cuz he has been a good QB and has had some great games and seldom poor games. We need him at his best Saturday but we need the entire team to play their best game of the year. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 90siouxfan said:

IMHO, Danny is playing some sort of celebral chess game that doesn't match the conditions.  Basic overthinking... but my opinion & 2 bucks won't buy a beer, anywhere.

makes you wonder how many games we would've won this year if rudy was our o-coordinator this year?

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

It is great to have a game manager quarterback if you have a lights out defense, like Trent Dilfer for Baltimore. Unfortunately, we are far from that, although I think they deserved better support offensively last week, and if they had just a little the outcome surely would have been different. 

10 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

41 pages.....too much to read.....has it been resolved if UND beat a bad FBS Boise St. team yet.....or is that in a different thread?

But they’re the “2023 Mountain West preseason favorite” Boise State football team … never mind anyone with an ounce of football-sense could see they were a mediocre team and yet UND still pissed themselves out in Boise under Bubba’s lead …

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2