SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNI 10/21/2023

SiouxFan100

8 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

A 1 point loss would have been a bad loss, but getting destroyed and not even scoring is completely embarrassing. I heard stories recently about the 2023 team or maybe it was Kellys team.....how a couple of times they were down big against an average team at half, and the team came out gang busters and won. Lennon was their coach. Do you think a Lennon team would get completely embarrassed like this and score Zero points? It's so embarrassing being a UND football fan at times ....and I'm sick of it! 

Leadership matters. Lennon was/is a leader. This program needs one.

• Upvote 1

Tommy generally seems fairly composed. But what concerns me is on a couple of big plays yesterday when I saw relays from different angles Tommy had absolutely wide open receivers right in front of him and apparently he didn’t recognize that. Disappointing. Maybe not as composed as I thought. Also one play yesterday when Tommy was scrambling and started to run and then saw a wide open receiver just ahead of him and his throw was 3 yards behind him. Also very concerning. 

8 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

NDSU destroys Western, and UND gets destroyed by Northern. Coaches are responsible to have the team ready to go, with a game plan. UND was no where near prepared for this game. It was never competitive. 

Blowing out Western Illinois means absolutely nothing.  There are some 9 man teams in ND that probably could have done the sane.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Leadership matters. Lennon was/is a leader. This program needs one.

He had  some issues too…every coach does (and he left coaching so not so sure about that). The question is: is UND willing to pay what it takes to get a quality, experience  head coach and then follow up with all the $$$ to promote the team?

I mean, the history of paying minimal $$$ for all inexperienced coaches several years ago should be fresh in the minds of administration.

Until there is a $$$ commitment, we should support Bubba not ax him.  I am sure the time commitment and steer makes many coaches wonder….many jobs are like that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Our football budget is way bigger than Northern Iowa’s fwiw. 

Sssssshhhh......that doesn't fit the narrative of some here that blame all the FB ills on the hockey program.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This loss is 100% on the offense and special teams.  
Our inability to make what should be gimme field goals is totally depressing.. GFC kicker made a 44 yd fg on Friday.. 

watching Tommy turtle up and throw short passes is depressing.  He is playing with zero confidence and has lost his mojo.. plus the turnovers..  It’s time for a change.

not sure what happened to the OL between last week and this week.

the defense wasn’t great but if the offense even gave us a chance it would have been enough to win.  The highs of last week quickly turned into the lows.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxweet said:

A good OC develops a game plan to the QBs strengths:D

I think he’s trying to. Plenty of swing passes and bubble screens. Watch some of the throws Theo Day made yesterday. Haven’t seen any of those in 4 years of Tommy. Even Matress Cam made a couple throws last Saturday that we haven’t seen in 4 years. It’s sad 

• Upvote 3

The coaches meeting today should be an all out shouting match

find out why this crap happens

if they can’t figure it out hit the road coach 

what does Tommy have over these coaches

hope they have the balls to move on next year 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I couldn’t watch the second half and I guess that turned out to be good.  The unforced fumble by Tommy on first drive and the missed fg killed any hope of building  momentum 

I had an emergency pop up and I missed pretty much all of the 2nd half, which turned out to not be missing much. 

I probably shouldn't come on to the board at 2am and post after a night out, but dang thinking about how the game went just makes me mad. 

Since I missed 2nd half.... when did Feeney actually get in.....if ever? Did they try anything with Romfo in 2nd half?

29 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I had an emergency pop up and I missed pretty much all of the 2nd half, which turned out to not be missing much. 

I probably shouldn't come on to the board at 2am and post after a night out, but dang thinking about how the game went just makes me mad. 

Since I missed 2nd half.... when did Feeney actually get in.....if ever? Did they try anything with Romfo in 2nd half?

Was in with a few minutes to go

first hike was 2 feet over his head 

should have been in to start 2nd half 

There is a reason Tommy was a D2 recruit.  He would be a good D2 QB.  If we didn’t have a QB decommit right before signing day he wouldn’t be in the program.  He became the starting QB be default as our QB room was so bad.  I sure hope he is not back next year as we seem to have a pretty good room right now.  I know he gets credit for being calm and composed but he just looks lost to me. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

He had  some issues too…every coach does (and he left coaching so not so sure about that). The question is: is UND willing to pay what it takes to get a quality, experience  head coach and then follow up with all the $$$ to promote the team?

I mean, the history of paying minimal $$$ for all inexperienced coaches several years ago should be fresh in the minds of administration.

Until there is a $$$ commitment, we should support Bubba not ax him.  I am sure the time commitment and steer makes many coaches wonder….many jobs are like that.

So just accept that the status quo is as good as it will ever get? We are capable of so much more. We need to establish a Division I funding model that doesn't rely so much on 50/50 raffles and selling tickets to walk-up crowds on game day.

• Upvote 2

If not going to say the NDSU game is meaningless, but sure has the chance to be.  All the win did was set us up to be the best team in the state and a national championship contender.  If we finish 7-4 and lose in the 1st or 2nd round we have not really gotten anywhere.  In the mean time if NDSU gets to 8-3, which I think they will and makes a run in the playoffs we are stuck in the same place.  Right now last week seems like a fluke.  We need to finish the year ahead of Ndsu or the win is meaningless.