SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

I don’t think any quarterback will pass the grade here on this board. Yes,  Romfo has had difficulty at passing but  After first couple games he didn’t have arm throw ball deep then he hit several deep balls but nobody gave him credit for that. Then it has been bouncing the pass but from my observations some of that has been he was pulling the pass from possible pick and likely pick 6. The truth is he is learning from new offensive coordinator and learning his reads on defensive coverages. I think from what I see coaches haven’t lost faith and I haven’t seen it from the team. 

Jerry may have resume, but evidently he is not ready to be starting quarterback  and everyone forgets he is red shirt freshman that was fourth last year on depth chart who would not got a lot reps until this past spring and fall practices  and was still 3 on depth chart. If Trey had stayed Jerry still would still be 3 on the depth chart. But getting back coaches are ones the people making decisions and they know where players are at if they’re ready to play we need to accept this. The quarterback play is also dependent on offense working at all phases which has not happened.

• Upvote 2

I am perfectly fine with Romfo being the starter this year and next year as long as the team is still playing well under him.  Nothing wrong with learning the system for a couple years then starting his Junior year.  If he beats out Romfo next year, so be it.  He will get his time.  It will be worth the wait.

11 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

So you would have passed on him? 

We are talking about next year at this point. He couldn’t even beat out Romfo this year, why would he be the answer next year?  A transfer QB needs to be recruited over the winter

2 hours ago, ND-fan said:

I don’t think any quarterback will pass the grade here on this board. Yes,  Romfo has had difficulty at passing but  After first couple games he didn’t have arm throw ball deep then he hit several deep balls but nobody gave him credit for that. Then it has been bouncing the pass but from my observations some of that has been he was pulling the pass from possible pick and likely pick 6. The truth is he is learning from new offensive coordinator and learning his reads on defensive coverages. I think from what I see coaches haven’t lost faith and I haven’t seen it from the team. 

Jerry may have resume, but evidently he is not ready to be starting quarterback  and everyone forgets he is red shirt freshman that was fourth last year on depth chart who would not got a lot reps until this past spring and fall practices  and was still 3 on depth chart. If Trey had stayed Jerry still would still be 3 on the depth chart. But getting back coaches are ones the people making decisions and they know where players are at if they’re ready to play we need to accept this. The quarterback play is also dependent on offense working at all phases which has not happened.

@gfhockey this your cousin or what? lol

image.gif.746561c33204bce4956945d98f7187ee.gif

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

We are talking about next year at this point. He couldn’t even beat out Romfo this year, why would he be the answer next year?  A transfer QB needs to be recruited over the winter

Next year he’s gotta beat out Sulik too btw. Heard they like him a lot.

• Upvote 1