SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

also assumed that the guy catching the pass from the freshman qb was a WR....hell NO....an f'n Tight End.

I love fruchte!!!!!!

over/under on TE catches this year?  30

over/under on TE td's this year? 5

web sacks this year 30

tackled for a loss this year 40

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Kab said:

Dom reviewed UND on his show today and projects us to be 4 and 8.

is he close or just anti UND

I really don't think he's necessarily anti-UND, but that projection is complete garbage. I would have the worst possible scenario be 5-7. That would be essentially losing almost every 50 / 50 game. 

17 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Pissing and moaning is par for the course when winning is the  standard and you consistently lose approximately half of your games. I do enjoy the wins, but the losses hurt more than the wins feel good. Makes it rough. But I’m calloused and used it; been spending money on Vikings games for years, despite logic and my better judgement. Football is fun (and life), and tendency exists towards the heart rather than the brain with it.

It all makes sense now knowing you are a Viking fan, sorry they ruined you!

9 minutes ago, AJS said:

I really don't think he's necessarily anti-UND, but that projection is complete garbage. I would have the worst possible scenario be 5-7. That would be essentially losing almost every 50 / 50 game. 

6-6

If I were to rank the games currently with 10 being the highest probability to win and 1 being lowest. 

10 - Murray State, San Diego

9 - Idaho State

8 -

7 -@ Indiana State

6 - Northern Iowa, USD

5 - @Youngstown State, @ Illinois State

4 - Montana

3 - 

2 - SDSU

1 - @Iowa State, @ North Dakota State   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

also assumed that the guy catching the pass from the freshman qb was a WR....hell NO....an f'n Tight End.

I love fruchte!!!!!!

over/under on TE catches this year?  30

over/under on TE td's this year? 5

And I assumed you had actually watched the video before commenting multiple times

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

And I assumed you had actually watched the video before commenting multiple times

i did....assumed of the qb's to showcase they would have either romfo, trey, or jerry........that would be stupid to do that...my bad.

and assuming we don't/didn't use the te with danny that that was a WR.....not the case ....there is always hope that TE u will once again be TE u for jimmy's and chad's sake.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, AJS said:

If I were to rank the games currently with 10 being the highest probability to win and 1 being lowest. 

10 - Murray State, San Diego

9 - Idaho State

8 -

7 -@ Indiana State

6 - Northern Iowa, USD

5 - @Youngstown State, @ Illinois State

4 - Montana

3 - 

2 - SDSU

1 - @Iowa State, @ North Dakota State   

If I take off my Kelly Green glasses I move Montana to a 3 and USD to a 4. I think we are capable of winning those games at home though. Will need some Alerus Center love on those games. I think our fan base will be pretty pumped for those two games, especially the Montana game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Dom reviewed UND on his show today and projects us to be 4 and 8.

is he close or just anti UND

Every game under 0.500 he picks UND he gets a free drink at Chubb's Pub ... or is it the Turf ... 

18 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

At best 

7 wins is very doable with this 12 game situation schedule. 9 games is actually doable but doubt that will happen. Iowa State, SDSU and NDSU are three games that we won't win. Montana and USD we could pull off the upset and if we did that could be 9 wins, however I don't see 9 wins happening as we will lose one or two of those 50/50 games if not both, we know we will crap the bed on at least one of our road games.  I haven't watched the UNDfootball360 podcast yet but I'll go with 7-5 and possibly squeek into the playoffs. So basically the same thing as we've been doing :glare:

If the OL takes a big step back and it turns out we miss Tommy at QB.....then we are in for a rough year and might end up 5-7.

• Like 1

I know we have consistently been around that 7 win mark but how would people view that at the end of the year? 7-5 with a new OC, OL coach, new oline besides Seth Anderson and new QB? I don’t want to go as far as saying that would be a successful season, as we need to aim higher than that, but I do feel like we would be optimistic about the following year. Especially if the portal doesn’t kill us. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I know we have consistently been around that 7 win mark but how would people view that at the end of the year? 7-5 with a new OC, OL coach, new oline besides Seth Anderson and new QB? I don’t want to go as far as saying that would be a successful season, as we need to aim higher than that, but I do feel like we would be optimistic about the following year. Especially if the portal doesn’t kill us. 

with everything going on......seven wins and the playoffs is acceptable....but time is running out with fb fanbase with chaves and bubba.

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

7 wins is very doable with this 12 game situation schedule. 9 games is actually doable but doubt that will happen. Iowa State, SDSU and NDSU are three games that we won't win. Montana and USD we could pull off the upset and if we did that could be 9 wins, however I don't see 9 wins happening as we will lose one or two of those 50/50 games if not both, we know we will crap the bed on at least one of our road games.  I haven't watched the UNDfootball360 podcast yet but I'll go with 7-5 and possibly squeek into the playoffs. So basically the same thing as we've been doing :glare:

If the OL takes a big step back and it turns out we miss Tommy at QB.....then we are in for a rough year and might end up 5-7.

The 360 guys talked a lot about question marks and not so much about holes. This young group needs to figure it out early and go 4-3 at a minimum and come together as a group to go 3-2 to end the tough second part of the season. Our recruits have the talent, time to see if they are ready to step up.

I don’t recall the 360 guys making a prediction on the season yet. Probably this week.

• Upvote 1